Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hard to watch. 5 years 10 months ago #147400

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351
I think a bigger problem A/m is the Ross Lyon harassment case that is casting a shadow over the club and they all deny it of course but I think it's a distraction the club doesn't need and that's why it obviously has tried to cover it up all this time. There is a lot of pressure mounting from outside the club and even outside of the game over this and I feel the commentary on it will not stop until there is full disclosure.

It's out there that the "Fremantle identity" is Ross. There has been wide ranging conflicting stories on the amount paid. The eastern states rag (The Age) I think know who this woman is and is now saying the sum paid was in excess of $100,000. It ain't going to go away and it is going to cast a bad light over the club until it is dealt with.

What happens if sponsors start pulling out?
Get on your bike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by DD.

Hard to watch. 5 years 10 months ago #147402

• JB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Is that the same bloke who pulled his old fella out and had a piss at three quarter time because he was too lazy to go to the toilet.

Hard to watch. 5 years 10 months ago #147405

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161

DD wrote: I think a bigger problem A/m is the Ross Lyon harassment case that is casting a shadow over the club and they all deny it of course but I think it's a distraction the club doesn't need and that's why it obviously has tried to cover it up all this time. There is a lot of pressure mounting from outside the club and even outside of the game over this and I feel the commentary on it will not stop until there is full disclosure.

It's out there that the "Fremantle identity" is Ross. There has been wide ranging conflicting stories on the amount paid. The eastern states rag (The Age) I think know who this woman is and is now saying the sum paid was in excess of $100,000. It ain't going to go away and it is going to cast a bad light over the club until it is dealt with.

What happens if sponsors start pulling out?

Doubt very much it has impacted on the players, cant put that loss down to that.

Might be playing on Lyons mind, but doubt it - it hasn't cost him a cent, it was the sponsors and members money that paid the matter off.

$100K if true would be at the higher end for that sort of issue, however she did lose her job.

Last edit: by Bazza.

Hard to watch. 5 years 10 months ago #147406

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
There are a lot of young players who have played less than 30 games so they will cop floggings like this from time to time as a consequence of this inexperience. Fremantle should be inspired by looking at Richmond who have developed into a powerhouse in the last few years after 30 years of underachievement. They stuck fat with Hardwick and their program in the face of media calls for his sacking and are now reaping the benefits. The Dockers would do well to follow a similar path.
As for the impact of the Sexual Harassment stuff on the players, I suppose we will get a clearer indication after this weekends round when Freo play St Kilda at home, a game they would expect to win.

Hard to watch. 5 years 10 months ago #147412

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351
Ok, how does a player react from this day forward when the senior coach chastises him for his behaviour? Does Ross Lyon still have the high standing that the players will respect or does the player think.... hang on a minute before you go having a crack at me?

I just think his currency has fallen dramatically because we don't know the truth as there are varying stories and as with any matter in what is said we don't know the context and the problem is due to confidentiality agreements and the fact a large sum of money has changed hands, there is a protection of a confidentiality agreement RL, the club and the AFL are hiding behind.

Curiously why has this come out? Someone has leaked it out but anyone is kidding themselves if they believe this will just go away because there is a confidentiality agreement.
Get on your bike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Hard to watch. 5 years 10 months ago #147414

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

DD wrote: Ok, how does a player react from this day forward when the senior coach chastises him for his behaviour? Does Ross Lyon still have the high standing that the players will respect or does the player think.... hang on a minute before you go having a crack at me?

I just think his currency has fallen dramatically because we don't know the truth as there are varying stories and as with any matter in what is said we don't know the context and the problem is due to confidentiality agreements and the fact a large sum of money has changed hands, there is a protection of a confidentiality agreement RL, the club and the AFL are hiding behind.

Curiously why has this come out? Someone has leaked it out but anyone is kidding themselves if they believe this will just go away because there is a confidentiality agreement.

Everyone internally probably know the story.

I doubt a single player would really care about it tbh,

I agree though its a bad look, the tactic is clearly to ride it out and hope it drifts away.

Hard to watch. 5 years 10 months ago #147420

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

Bazza wrote:

DD wrote: Ok, how does a player react from this day forward when the senior coach chastises him for his behaviour? Does Ross Lyon still have the high standing that the players will respect or does the player think.... hang on a minute before you go having a crack at me?

Everyone internally probably know the story.

I doubt a single player would really care about it tbh,

I agree though its a bad look, the tactic is clearly to ride it out and hope it drifts away.

Was it bad enough for the issue to be dragged on so long? Be interesting to know. Are there ethical issues to be addressed or is it good print? One thing is sure though, this site would be alive with 200 posts on the subject if it had been Adam Simpson or one of his charges. My fellow posters on OF would sooooo indignant and would be calling for his head!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leather Stops

Hard to watch. 5 years 10 months ago #147427

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
reckon it will die out sharkie...

supporters don't care of course and want it under the carpet.

not sure if eagles would of copped any more or less.

Hard to watch. 5 years 10 months ago #147429

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
I agree Bazza...I don't think the players could give a toss and half of them weren't even at the club when it happened. A more concerning issue is Lyon's coaching and why it took two qtrs. of footy for him and his assistant responsible for forwards to realise the 5 man forward structure wasn't going to work. Win more that your fair share of clearances only for the Richmond backs to take intercept marks against an undersized Freo forward line and send it right back out again. Jeez I commented to my young bloke that it needed to change after the first 10 minutes of the game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Hard to watch. 5 years 10 months ago #147431

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327

Excellent comment DD.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 342 guests and 2 members online

• Royals78
  • Swedgen

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma