Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Harley Bennell 5 years 3 months ago #162180

• Tiger of old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230
They were the laughing stock of the football world when they gave this bloke a fresh contract

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Harley Bennell 5 years 3 months ago #162182

• UNKA2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 116

anchorman wrote: Like most I wasn't in agreeance with his contract renewal. But please some one tell me what he has done wrong, other than being drunk.
He was asked to leave, he complied with the request without any problem.
He is on holidays, as are all footballers at this time of the year. It is his time, unless the club have specifically told him not to drink, he has done nothing wrong.
Loads get asked to leave hotels every day, some cause trouble. Bennell didn't.
At least he wasn't DD, and smashing a car.into immovable objects.

Ok i will bite a/man, IF i had so much trouble with alcahol, in my pastand my livelyhood depended on being restrained whilst drinking , it wold be a no brainer for me mate. The man has a problem with alcahold, its bloody obvious This bloke obviously is a slow learner

Last edit: by UNKA2.

Harley Bennell 5 years 3 months ago #162185

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
and its not the first time he's been thrown out of licensed premises for being drunk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: UNKA2

Harley Bennell 5 years 3 months ago #162186

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357

anchorman wrote: Like most I wasn't in agreeance with his contract renewal. But please some one tell me what he has done wrong, other than being drunk.
He is on holidays, as are all footballers at this time of the year. It is his time, unless the club have specifically told him not to drink, he has done nothing wrong.

Hey, don't drag my name into it A/man. My driving is not that bad. :P
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Harley Bennell 5 years 3 months ago #162187

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

Interesting comments anchor. On the surface, you’re right, he was only pissed and left when told to. I don’t see a problem there apart from the fact that he has several priors. However the most interesting part of your comment is your reference to an Eagles player over an incident that has nothing to do with this one. You know how it goes, two wrongs don’t make a right, so I can only wonder what your comments would be if this incident happened to an Eagles player. You would be all over him like tomato sauce on a hot dog!!!!
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Last edit: by 58shark.

Harley Bennell 5 years 3 months ago #162188

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Considering Harley is on his "last legs" at Freo...surely staying out of the limelight would of been the professional option Anchor.....plenty of time to get hammered at the OBH next summer when you are out of contract Harley.....

Harley Bennell 5 years 3 months ago #162189

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
throw in his ill-advised character references for 2 bikies convicted last month of bashing a bloke senseless and you'd think even a club as culturally bereft as Freo would cut him adrift....maybe not.

Last edit: by BC.

Harley Bennell 5 years 3 months ago #162191

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Maybe some of us don't see things through purple glasses and have come to the same conclusion as everyone else if the footy world...he's a waste of space and the guy's time is up....if he was at any other club he'd be well and truly gone by now. West Coast in the middle of the last decade might have tolerated it but I can't see anyone else keeping him on let alone giving him another contract.

Last edit: by BC.

Harley Bennell 5 years 3 months ago #162194

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357
Two things.
1. As soon as Harley walks into any venue, probably even a coffee shop he is identified and eyes are on his every move. Joe Blogs doesn't get noticed and slips under the radar of security.
2. I reckon Harley likes the woobla. And that's a problem that will probably be his undoing.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Harley Bennell 5 years 3 months ago #162196

• JB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Maybe some of us don't see things through purple glasses and have come to the same conclusion as everyone else if the footy world...he's a waste of space and the guy's time is up....if he was at any other club he'd be well and truly gone by now. West Coast in the middle of the last decade might have tolerated it but I can't see anyone else keeping him on let alone giving him another contract.

I would consider the incidents involving Liam Ryan at WC far more serious than this incident, infact more than any of Harleys incidents. He was asked to leave the venue and did. They are all on leave at the moment so it doesn't seem to be a big deal, silly yes. He is obviously on thin ice and could go either way I suppose but it is quite minor, no charges were bought forard. I'm more concerned about his ongoing injuries than his enjoyment of a beer or three.
* Incidently it wasn't Harley who was specifically asked to leave, it was the group he was with and they left.

Last edit: by JB.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 499 guests and 2 members online

• Sand Surfer

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977