Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Harley Bennell 5 years 3 weeks ago #164682

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351
I'm in the "rarely" category when it comes to alcohol and I've done both calves. Both times on basketball courts. They are nasty injuries and take a long time to heal and are never the same again. Every now and then you feel a twitch and you back right off for fear of tearing one again. But I was in my mid 40's, typically known as old mans injury. Maybe that's why I've got a bit of sympathy for the guy and yes I'm as sceptical as you BC, not because of off field issues but it seems his calves can't cope with the strain of AFL football.
Get on your bike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Harley Bennell 5 years 3 weeks ago #164707

• Tiger of old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230
The other calf that hasn’t had much media attention is Sandilands’. I think he’s barely done any pre season training and I can’t see him offering Fremantle much this season, he hasn’t provided much for a few seasons now and it was a surprising decision to offer him another contract.

Harley Bennell 4 years 9 months ago #170164

• Leather Stops
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 109
Heard he has "another" calf injury.. Looks like it could end him.

Harley Bennell 4 years 9 months ago #170170

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
Freo stumped up picks 16 and 35 for Bennell in the 2015 draft....does anyone know who Gold Coast picked up as a result?

Harley Bennell 4 years 9 months ago #170184

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Fiona Stanley will have to set up a dedicated ED ward for Dockers players soon, FMD it's out of control. Good news on Lobb not as bad as first thought so might see him back in a couple of weeks and Hogan also the same maybe. Harley would have been a nice "In" for Walters but i think we might have to put that dream to bed pardon the pun. While on the subject of Walters I hope Fremantle appeal that one.

I want to see players like Tom North given a go rather than the likes of Ballantyne and Colyer.
Get on your bike.

Harley Bennell 4 years 9 months ago #170495

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
It's all over for Harley Bennell unfortunately. It seems like he's made the call and finally accepted his fate. Gee we've been unlucky with two of the most talented players you would wish to see, the other being Anthony Morabito. Not sure who said it the other day, if Morabito didn't do his first knee he's in his 4th year in the 2013 GF. Would he have been worth 16 points? I think so but that's footy. Time to look forward and I wish Harley all the best in his next endeavours.

www.watoday.com.au/sport/afl/fremantle-d...20190628-p522fp.html
Get on your bike.

Last edit: by DD.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 436 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes