OzFooty.Net Sign In

Who's Online?

We have 112 guests and 2 members online

  • Freezin
  • Royals78

Newest Footy Recruits

  • blair2019
  • not_alex newton
  • BigFishSmallPond
  • vornez
  • HMac
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Big Bash VIII

Big Bash VIII 5 months 4 weeks ago #161742

  • gtrxuone
  • gtrxuone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2329
  • Thank you received: 918
The women have been playing for over a fortnight now.Men start today.
Fox Cricket Channel 501,,Channel 7+7mate,,Maquarie Sport Network and for the first time ABC Grandstand both on DaB Radio or through the Cricket Australia App..
Brisbane Heat vs Adelaide Strikers Gabba today
Melbourne Renegades vs Perth Scorchers Docklands.Tomorrow Thur 20 th

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by gtrxuone.

Big Bash VIII 5 months 4 weeks ago #161744

  • BC
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5708
  • Thank you received: 895
After a test match like the one just completed, I must admit I'm struggling to get enthused over this bash and crash stuff gtr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal, gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Big Bash VIII 5 months 4 weeks ago #161746

  • gtrxuone
  • gtrxuone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2329
  • Thank you received: 918

BC wrote: After a test match like the one just completed, I must admit I'm struggling to get enthused over this bash and crash stuff gtr.

Test Cricket will always be the ultimate test of a players skill.But Big Bash will sign the cheques and brink the next generation of boys+girls.And bring in new fans to the game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Big Bash VIII 5 months 4 weeks ago #161748

  • BC
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5708
  • Thank you received: 895
Maybe we could have a WAFL Big Bash or similar to sign the cheques and bring in new fans. 10 a team, smaller grounds, 15 minute quarters...wait a minute...that sounds like that AFLX rubbish !!! hmmm...maybe not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Big Bash VIII 5 months 4 weeks ago #161749

  • gtrxuone
  • gtrxuone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2329
  • Thank you received: 918

BC wrote: Maybe we could have a WAFL Big Bash or similar to sign the cheques and bring in new fans. 10 a team, smaller grounds, 15 minute quarters...wait a minute...that sounds like that AFLX rubbish !!! hmmm...maybe not.

We could have a Wafl lighting carnival like the early 1980's.Two 10 minute halves each team plays 9 games over two or three days long weekend.Played at Optus $5 entry under 16's free.Day\ Night format.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Big Bash VIII 5 months 4 weeks ago #161772

  • 58shark
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 3242
  • Thank you received: 324
The last two tests have regenerated my interest in the long form of cricket, but I still love the big bash. I won’t miss any test match played in Oz and I won’t miss a Scorchers game either. Like it or not, BB could be to cricket what the AFL is to the WAFL.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Big Bash VIII 5 months 4 weeks ago #161776

  • gtrxuone
  • gtrxuone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2329
  • Thank you received: 918

58shark wrote: The last two tests have regenerated my interest in the long form of cricket, but I still love the big bash. I won’t miss any test match played in Oz and I won’t miss a Scorchers game either. Like it or not, BB could be to cricket what the AFL is to the WAFL.

58 there's talk of T10 Cricket in the Olympics.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Big Bash VIII 5 months 4 weeks ago #161778

  • gtrxuone
  • gtrxuone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2329
  • Thank you received: 918
How good are the Afgan boys at this T20.Man of the match Rashid Khan 3-19..
And an amazing story.Brisbane Strikers player Mujeed Ur Raheem.With 9 wickets down and 6 overs to go he carried his bat and got the score from 80 to 140.
18 months ago he had never had a Cricket ball in his hands.Learnt how to bowl from watching youtube.Living in a remote Afganistan village.Right hand offspinner 0-26 with 2 drop catches off his bowling.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Big Bash VIII 5 months 4 weeks ago #161780

  • Beasley Hutton
  • Beasley Hutton's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6558
  • Thank you received: 1792

gtrxuone wrote:

BC wrote: Maybe we could have a WAFL Big Bash or similar to sign the cheques and bring in new fans. 10 a team, smaller grounds, 15 minute quarters...wait a minute...that sounds like that AFLX rubbish !!! hmmm...maybe not.

We could have a Wafl lighting carnival like the early 1980's.Two 10 minute halves each team plays 9 games over two or three days long weekend.Played at Optus $5 entry under 16's free.Day\ Night format.

Remember it well GTR back in 1982 (Red Rooster Cup) & 1983 (Emu Export Cup). Not sure why the WAFL didn’t go on with it but for once were actually ahead of their time instead of being a decade or 2 behind!
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Big Bash VIII 5 months 4 weeks ago #161782

  • gtrxuone
  • gtrxuone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Veteran
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2329
  • Thank you received: 918

Beasley Hutton wrote:

gtrxuone wrote:

BC wrote: Maybe we could have a WAFL Big Bash or similar to sign the cheques and bring in new fans. 10 a team, smaller grounds, 15 minute quarters...wait a minute...that sounds like that AFLX rubbish !!! hmmm...maybe not.

We could have a Wafl lighting carnival like the early 1980's.Two 10 minute halves each team plays 9 games over two or three days long weekend.Played at Optus $5 entry under 16's free.Day\ Night format.

Remember it well GTR back in 1982 (Red Rooster Cup) & 1983 (Emu Export Cup). Not sure why the WAFL didn’t go on with it but for once were actually ahead of their time instead of being a decade or 2 behind!

I'm pretty sure that was when the Wafl tested the 25+50 metre lines.The 25m line only last 1 season I think 1983.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.538 seconds
Tweets by @Ozfootynet
promotional tote bags