Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Cricket World Cup 2019 4 years 10 months ago #169106

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Fark it looks like Eng have won the WC....bit of a blink and miss WC it seems...when do the ashes start.....LOL....

Obviously a fantastic opening performance by Eng in all facets, though SA are the perennial under achievers at these tournaments, historically chokers of the highest order......yep Eng are up and running, well deserved favourites, but pretty sure a lot can happen in the tournament....seems like Archer is fastest bowler ever knocking Amla's grill.....how old is Amla again?.....would love to see a repeat of that T20 final where Stokes last over went for plenty, resulting in Eng losing.....seeing the fella in tears and shock was priceless post Braithwaite assault....hopefully the fella will be bought down a peg or 3....tho am hoping this isn't the start of a successful summer of cricket by the England team....gonna be a long one if it is...
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Freezin.

Cricket World Cup 2019 4 years 10 months ago #169109

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
yes they look pretty daunting at the moment. They don't seem to have too many weaknesses and now have a bowler in Jofra Archer who can intimidate the opposition. It will take a very good team to beat them, maybe India if Kohli and Dohni both have days out. South Africa seem to have a lot of aging players in the field. I can't believe they didn't pick Miller, he is their X factor player. Amla has been a great servant but he may be struggling to hold his place. Their bowling apart from Tahir is pretty predictable and even though they will be competitive, I can't see them being major threats.

Cricket World Cup 2019 4 years 10 months ago #169113

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329
What a catch from Stokes...RSA looked in trouble when I finished watching last night..There batsman where not using there feet against the English spinners... The Poms do look pretty good...
All the Captains where at the Royal Palace yesterday.. The QEII thought it was funny standing next to 202 cm Windies captain Holder.And Prince Harry had a joke with Aaron Finch about his age + lack of form..The Australian captain response was to just laugh.

Last edit: by gtrxuone.

Cricket World Cup 2019 4 years 10 months ago #169114

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Every 50 over World Cup people say this will be the last 50 over Tournament. But it looks in good shape to me and will continue in 2023.
Who tipping the winner
My tip --West Indies.

Cricket World Cup 2019 4 years 10 months ago #169117

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874
To be brutally honest Freeze in the World Cups I can remember dating back to 1979 this is the very first time I have actually believed England will win it.
I knew they would get rolled in 1987 & 1992 by better one day sides in Australia & Pakistan respectively as the Poms were too old and slow.
Everything is in their favour- at home, their best side, all fit, young and seemingly hungry......absolutely no excuses if they choke again!

Cricket World Cup 2019 4 years 10 months ago #169138

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yeah Eng do appear to have all the physical bases covered with a great mix of power, accumulaters,
speed and spin... mentally can Eng deliver will be the key question....on paper at their best Aust have the same quality....tho more with speed than spin...which I think will be either Aust positive or negative.....do worry about Aust ability to play Eng leggie more so than Archer et al....Starc and Cummins need to be on the money v Eng top order....early wickets and put some pressure on the likes of Stokes and Buttler....should be a fantastic comp....Eng to lose perhaps

Cricket World Cup 2019 4 years 10 months ago #169139

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Only left arm Windie bowler medium pace or above.I can remember was Bernard Julian in the 1970's medium pacer.Windies have a genuine left arm quick Cottrell,looks the goods.

Cricket World Cup 2019 4 years 10 months ago #169142

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207
Sobers bowled some left arm fast medium, he was that great an all-rounder he also spun it both ways as a left arm spinner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal, gtrxuone

Cricket World Cup 2019 4 years 10 months ago #169144

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Looks like Pakistan are doing their usual subtle implosion act v the WI.....you gotta love the Paki's....they will probably come out and roll Eng with ease....yep Julian is the only leftie I can remember watching.....Sobers was a tad before my time.....can think of a few all right right arm WI bowlers tho!

Last edit: by Freezin.

Cricket World Cup 2019 4 years 10 months ago #169145

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

ooollllrrrrrry2 wrote: Sobers bowled some left arm fast medium, he was that great an all-rounder he also spun it both ways as a left arm spinner.

Just found out there was a player in the late 1990's.Who played 32 tests and 30 ODI's called Pedro Collins
Didn't know Sobers bowled left.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal, ooollllrrrrrry2

Last edit: by gtrxuone.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 355 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977