Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

ODI series V India 5 years 2 months ago #162492

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
I have been struggling to fathom the selectors rationale for the squad in this series. If comments from Coulter-Nile and Agar are an indication,it looks like the players are struggling to follow it as well. Surely all selections for 50 over cricket now need to be made with the coming World Cup in mind and whilst Khwaja and Sean Marsh are probably worthy selections, my feeling is that if Australia want to do anything in the World Cup, we are going to have to get some power at the top of the order. Scores of under 300 will just not cut it anymore.

This means Chris Lynn and Darcy Short should be playing as much 50 over stuff as possible. Travis Head should also be an integral part of the team given his powerful batting and his ability to fill the 5th or 6th bowler slot. What an opportunity lost to give these 3 guys a run against the 2nd best ODI team in an ultimately meaningless series. I don't understand can someone explain it to me?.

On a positive note great to see GOAT and Zampa picked, I think we will need quality spin as well as some serious pace to challenge for the latter stages of the tournament.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal, gtrxuone, Archie Duda Goal Machine

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by mikeh.

ODI series V India 5 years 2 months ago #162519

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872
As I young fella used to wait with great anticipation after the Test Series finished for the old World Series Cup one day clashes to start.....maybe it is a sign of me getting old but I could not really care less about this upcoming series vs India.
In fact I am more interested in the selections for the upcoming Tests vs Sri Lanka to see what Hohns & Chappell can come up with there to leave us all bewildered again!
The following user(s) said Thank You: UNKA2, ArkRoyal, Archie Duda Goal Machine

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

ODI series V India 5 years 2 months ago #162521

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
I think it’s a bit concerning that the media (and others) seem to think that beating SRL is a given and everyone is looking forward to the Ashes. I reckon the Aussies are ripe for picking by any team atm.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

ODI series V India 5 years 2 months ago #162523

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
True 58 shark, I reckon Bangladesh would give us a run for our money at the moment.

ODI series V India 5 years 2 months ago #162530

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
You can never take anything for granted, but after watching Sri Lanka v NZ here it will be a huge step down in class.....more so with Matthews out too....he is the Pujara of their team......also their bowling was pop gun at best.....tho Aust batting was pop gun at best too.....just need some of these boys to turn 30s into 50s...then into 100s.....guys like Latham and Nichols for NZ could do it, can't see why Harris and Head can't either.

Like you BH I am more interested in what Hohns and Chappell bring forth at the selection table....no changes most likely because Aust cricket is right bang smack in the middle of the BBL....or something totally contradictory to what they have said so far...

ODI series V India 5 years 2 months ago #162629

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
Great to see Turner get the nod in the ODI side with M Marsh being ruled out.....Turner looks to be in good nick, more than one can say about Mitch's current form...hopefully Turner gets a chance of playing....need a finisher in this side.....Actually anyone who can score a run or even find the boundary would be great....
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

ODI series V India 5 years 2 months ago #162632

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yes great for Ashton and he has been in good form. I wonder though if the selectors have heard that he is not bowling this year and if they wanted to replace Marsh with a like for like ( a batsman who can bowl a bit or a bowler who can bat a bit) maybe they might have been better off going with Agar or Coulter-Nile. Maybe they have been blacklisted for daring to criticise the selectors?. Short and Head would have been other potential replacements I guess as they are both handy for 4 or 5 over spells as change bowlers in an ODI.
Anyway good luck to Turner and I hope he gets an opportunity.

ODI series V India 5 years 2 months ago #162651

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
It'll be interesting to see how Behrendorff and Richardson go against India tomorrow. I also notice they're resting Bumrah for the series which is a bonus. This should be a good contest.

ODI series V India 5 years 2 months ago #162661

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
Do you think Pandya and Rahul will be considered after their “indiscretion”?
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

ODI series V India 5 years 2 months ago #162664

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

58shark wrote: Do you think Pandya and Rahul will be considered after their “indiscretion”?

I don't think they will be required 58shark. This series is shaping up as a real mismatch with India stacked with a group of proven ODI performers and one of the favourites for the World Cup. In contrast Australia come into this series having only won 3 ODIs out of the last 27 in the past two years with a collection of inexperienced players or guys who have already been tried at this level and failed. Doesnt auger well for a competitive series.Hardly surprising when you realise that the domestic 50 over competition is now played as a pre- season tournament over about 4 weeks in September/October and there is no other opportunity for state players to hone their skills at other times in the season.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 367 guests and 2 members online

• Demons Forever
  • Time For a Flag

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes