Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Stadium stupidity. 5 years 3 months ago #160711

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
You would have to wonder how many tickets have been sold to this game and if it is less than 20,000 per day whether or not the WACA may be a better option as it would have a much better atmosphere
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Stadium stupidity. 5 years 3 months ago #160713

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

anchorman wrote: How ridiculous is the decision not to allow the spectators access to the upper levels of the Perth stadium during the Perth test match.
I understand their logic, but it is stupidity.CA and Venueslive have made the decision.
It is all about people beeing seen I know, but this appears to be a decision from CA that gives the people who have the TV rights to screw the general public... yet again.
A full upper deck will not have the same impact as a full lower deck.
A very short sighted decision.I wonder how many people this will put off from attending.

I can't wait to read BH's response that the taxpayers of WA that paid for the stadium will not have access to it in its entirety.

Stadium stupidity. 5 years 3 months ago #160720

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872
42 this is a Cricket Australia & VenuesLive decision you do realise I suppose you will blame Barnett for this as well?
Speaking of Stadium issues 42 remember the cost, design and construction problems with Perth Arena under your beloved Labor Party?!

www.watoday.com.au/national/western-aust...h-20100310-pz4b.html

But just to prove my non bias when it comes to politics Perth Arena is another great asset to be completed in WA in the last decade and will be for decades to come much like Perth Stadium!

Stadium stupidity. 5 years 3 months ago #160721

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote: 42 this is a Cricket Australia & VenuesLive decision you do realise I suppose you will blame Barnett for this as well?
Speaking of Stadium issues 42 remember the cost, design and construction problems with Perth Arena under your beloved Labor Party?!

www.watoday.com.au/national/western-aust...h-20100310-pz4b.html

But just to prove my non bias when it comes to politics Perth Arena is another great asset to be completed in WA in the last decade and will be for decades to come much like Perth Stadium!

I will blame Barnett for the loss of WA's triple A credit rating.

I noticed you have failed to address the water contamination at both PCH and betty's jetty. Similarly, no comment re the presence of asbestos at PCH.

I certainly do not resile from supporting a party that is interested in the less fortunate of our society; that is interested in health care and education; climate change etc.

Stadium stupidity. 5 years 3 months ago #160722

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327
This sounds like a disaster in the making.Like Mike H said can we move this game back to the Waca.We still have 11 days to do so.A lot will depend on the first test to see if the Aussies show a bit of backbone.If so ticket sales could exceed expectations. And a full open Optus Stadium could be a possibility. Mantawarra Bridge will be working overtime,lol.

Stadium stupidity. 5 years 3 months ago #160724

• BC
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
Sean when you signed up with WA Granny Flats to build your 1 bedroom unit out the back of your mum's place for you to live in a few years ago and they subsequently subcontracted to a local plumber to install a dunny in the bathroom who instead put it in the kitchen....is that your fault or that of the contractors and/or subcontractors?

Stadium stupidity. 5 years 3 months ago #160725

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I think the people who made the decision to close should be forced to spend the day in the full sun so they may have an informed view for the next summer.

Stadium stupidity. 5 years 3 months ago #160726

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

swan42 wrote: I think the people who made the decision to close should be forced to spend the day in the full sun so they may have an informed view for the next summer.

Hopefully they will be seated next to those backwards types that believe Perth Stadium, Matagarup Bridge, Yagan Square, Elizabeth Quay, Perth Arena et al should not have been built and or at their present ideal locations!

Stadium stupidity. 5 years 3 months ago #160833

• BC
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
Interesting that the stadium could theoretically pay for itself within 10 years...I wonder how it would have gone if Barnett had followed Langoulant's recommendation and Labor had their way?

www.watoday.com.au/national/western-aust...20181204-p50k81.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Stadium stupidity. 5 years 3 months ago #160835

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BC wrote: Interesting that the stadium could theoretically pay for itself within 10 years...I wonder how it would have gone if Barnett had followed Langoulant's recommendation and Labor had their way?

www.watoday.com.au/national/western-aust...20181204-p50k81.html

Was always going to be the way BC, thank god Barnett had the grand foresight and long term vision to build a world class stadium in an ideal, iconic Perth location....unlike the other mob of numptys!

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 586 guests and 5 members online

• BC
  • mikeh
  • Whitey
  • Blackduck
  • Johnny Leonard

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma