Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

The Feud 5 years 5 months ago #159289

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
Talking of throwing the toys out of the cot, apparently Warner walked off the ground today in a grade game when someone in the opposition sledged him while he was batting.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal, gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Feud 5 years 5 months ago #159304

• ArkRoyal
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
reason enough to not pick him again for Australia -- karma it is especially when one thinks of how he treatted John Trott during his troubles.

The Feud 5 years 5 months ago #159319

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I read today that the sledging comments were made by the brother of the late Phil Hughes so Warner may have done the right thing by walking away from what could have potentially been an explosive incident.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

The Feud 5 years 5 months ago #159325

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357

mikeh wrote: I read today that the sledging comments were made by the brother of the late Phil Hughes so Warner may have done the right thing by walking away from what could have potentially been an explosive incident.

Interesting isn't it? Warner made it quite known he was batting for the memory of (close mate?) Phil Hughes after he died. Maybe his brother is saying don't bother raising your bat and looking to the heavens for my brother again.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Last edit: by DD.

The Feud 5 years 5 months ago #159326

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Mikeh perhaps the "right" thing Warner should of done was ignore and smile off his opponents efforts to rile him ....Warner is 32, with a shed load of elite level cricket under his belt, not some 18 year old green horn playing senior cricket for the first time....yep walking off probably was the right thing for Warner's elevated ego.....but pretty sure staying on the ground, turning off and ignoring the white noise would of been a better maturer way to defuse the situation?....which Warner eventually did by returning 5 mins later and scoring a ton.....just a pity he didn't have the ego or nous to do so in the first place.....

The Feud 5 years 5 months ago #159330

• ArkRoyal
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
DD: you have been a fountain fo good sense when it comes to the Warner question. They have also had to send him home from England not just South Africa. Is he going to walk off during an Ashes Test in England ? He is test player whom had to be baby sat by his club cricket team mates.

Last edit: by ArkRoyal.

The Feud 5 years 5 months ago #159368

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329

DD wrote:

mikeh wrote: I read today that the sledging comments were made by the brother of the late Phil Hughes so Warner may have done the right thing by walking away from what could have potentially been an explosive incident.

Interesting isn't it? Warner made it quite known he was batting for the memory of (close mate?) Phil Hughes after he died. Maybe his brother is saying don't bother raising your bat and looking to the heavens for my brother again.

DD Crash Cradock was just talking to Karl Langdon.He called Warner a FN-Disgrase.

The Feud 5 years 5 months ago #159372

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

gtrxuone wrote:

DD wrote:

DD Crash Cradock was just talking to Karl Langdon.He called Warner a FN-Disgrase.

If thats true, how tame is that?? Especially compared to what Warner has said to opponents in his sledging? What is confusing to me is that they let him come back and resume his innings after 2 minutes.Couldnt they have appealed for him to be timed out?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal, gtrxuone

The Feud 5 years 5 months ago #159374

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329

mikeh wrote:

gtrxuone wrote:

DD wrote:

If thats true, how tame is that?? Especially compared to what Warner has said to opponents in his sledging? What is confusing to me is that they let him come back and resume his innings after 2 minutes.Couldnt they have appealed for him to be timed out?

Mike if Warner that thin skinned .Cricket not the game for him.Dont think his wife helped by making her statement.Crash made no secret he doesn't want Warner to play for Aust again.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 326 guests and one member online

• alahoy

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977