Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Stokes acquitted 5 years 8 months ago #154123

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Interesting to see Stokes get off.....thought the video was pretty conclusive.....wonder if an appeal will go in from the two guys he didn't hit in the video.....tho money might stop them....Interesting world we live in
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Stokes acquitted 5 years 8 months ago #154146

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
From what I saw, then reading the report on what happened, I thought he was going to get done. The Ashes must be coming up soon?
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Stokes acquitted 5 years 8 months ago #154178

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874
You have to laugh at the absurdness of it all........we here in Australia ban 3 blokes for 12 months for the obscene crime of roughing up a cricket ball.......meanwhile in England one of their cricketers (another an accomplice) punch drunkenly king hits 2 innocent fellas outside a pub is somehow unbelievably acquitted despite the damning footage and then is picked straight away for the 3rd Test this weekend vs the Curries........to borrow me ol mate Freeze's favourite acronyms- LOL!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Stokes acquitted 5 years 8 months ago #154190

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
BH, Freeze: I wonder what Andrew Strauss has made of it all, given that he did not pick him for the last Ashes tour?

Stokes acquitted 5 years 8 months ago #154199

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329
The night in question. Stokes and two of his mates where leaving the pub.The CCTV camera shows Stokes going down an alley next to the pub. Wasn't there 3 men kicking a man already on the ground.And BS and his two mates just evened up the odds.It took a really long time for the Police to lay charges under pressure.They seen it for what it really was.

Last edit: by gtrxuone.

Stokes acquitted 5 years 8 months ago #154245

• Leather Stops
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 109

gtrxuone wrote: The night in question. Stokes and two of his mates where leaving the pub.The CCTV camera shows Stokes going down an alley next to the pub. Wasn't there 3 men kicking a man already on the ground.And BS and his two mates just evened up the odds.It took a really long time for the Police to lay charges under pressure.They seen it for what it really was.

CRAP. Stokes was VERY aggressive & "bounced" one bloke over better than he bowls..
ONE year for sandpaper. One ashes series in Australia for a maniac..

Last edit: by Leather Stops.

Stokes acquitted 5 years 8 months ago #154254

• Greatwhiteshark
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32

Beasley Hutton wrote: You have to laugh at the absurdness of it all........we here in Australia ban 3 blokes for 12 months for the obscene crime of roughing up a cricket ball.......meanwhile in England one of their cricketers (another an accomplice) punch drunkenly king hits 2 innocent fellas outside a pub is somehow unbelievably acquitted despite the damning footage and then is picked straight away for the 3rd Test this weekend vs the Curries........to borrow me ol mate Freeze's favourite acronyms- LOL!!!!!!! :woohoo:

With all due respect BH Stokes was suspended from the Ashes tour so it's not as if the English Cricket board did nothing. He didn't get off scott free with them. As for the law and the legal action well thats another story I guess. He obviously had a good lawyer and some hush money.

Stokes acquitted 5 years 8 months ago #154255

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

Leather Stops wrote:

gtrxuone wrote: The night in question. Stokes and two of his mates where leaving the pub.The CCTV camera shows Stokes going down an alley next to the pub. Wasn't there 3 men kicking a man already on the ground.And BS and his two mates just evened up the odds.It took a really long time for the Police to lay charges under pressure.They seen it for what it really was.

CRAP. Stokes was VERY aggressive & "bounced" one bloke over better than he bowls..
ONE year for sandpaper. One ashes series in Australia for a maniac..

On top of that, he flicked a cigarette at one of the bloke’s head prior to the incident. He was always going to carry it on.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Stokes acquitted 5 years 8 months ago #154262

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

Greatwhiteshark wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: You have to laugh at the absurdness of it all........we here in Australia ban 3 blokes for 12 months for the obscene crime of roughing up a cricket ball.......meanwhile in England one of their cricketers (another an accomplice) punch drunkenly king hits 2 innocent fellas outside a pub is somehow unbelievably acquitted despite the damning footage and then is picked straight away for the 3rd Test this weekend vs the Curries........to borrow me ol mate Freeze's favourite acronyms- LOL!!!!!!! :woohoo:

With all due respect BH Stokes was suspended from the Ashes tour so it's not as if the English Cricket board did nothing. He didn't get off scott free with them. As for the law and the legal action well thats another story I guess. He obviously had a good lawyer and some hush money.

He missed the Ashes hiding whilst still on his full English contract (worth 7 figures minus the match payments he missed vs Australia last Summer-although his IPL contract would substantially cover that 100 times over).....hardly seems like a penalty to me GWS?!

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Stokes acquitted 5 years 8 months ago #154263

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Greatwhiteshark wrote:

He missed the Ashes hiding whilst still on his full English contract (worth 7 figures minus the match payments he missed vs Australia last Summer-although his IPL contract would substantially cover that 100 times over).....hardly seems like a penalty to me GWS?!

And here I was thinking that one had the presumption of innocence until proved guilty; so I am at a loss as to what penalty there should be for him.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 549 guests and 8 members online

• Whitey
  • Demons Forever
  • Shark Tragic
  • Success Hill
  • Swedgen
  • one time only
  • Country member
  • bolter