Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

The Ross Lyon conundrum 4 years 9 months ago #171507

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
Freo might honour the current contract with Lyon and see who gets thrown up at the end of 2020. Blokes in assistant positions like Sam Mitchell, Jarrod Schofield, Brett Kirk, Justin Longmuir would have had an extra year to get experience in the coaches box. Put one of them in the job with someone like Paul Roos or similar as a mentor for a year or two might work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Ross Lyon conundrum 4 years 9 months ago #171511

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
Just a question. Is the whole problem Ross, or are your players not as good as everyone thinks?
While no one questions Fyffe and his absolute football brilliance, could you honestly put him up against Selwood, Danger, Hurn, Pendlebury et al?
There’s something in those 4 players that I believe puts them in front of your captain as a dogged leader. Yeh, yeh, yeh, I know.....I’m a “troll”.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

The Ross Lyon conundrum 4 years 9 months ago #171514

• swansfan4life
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 132

mikeh wrote: Hmmmmm. Alan Richardson just pulled the pin at St Kilda. Surely Lyon wouldn't go back there would he?

Surely St Kilda wouldnt want him back.

The Ross Lyon conundrum 4 years 9 months ago #171515

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145

DD wrote: I've decided to throw this topic up here in the bar because it is the most talked about topic in football here in The West. I heard a caller this morning on a podcast on Sport FM say he believes something big is going to come out about Ross Lyon in the next two weeks that involves a coaching move back to Melbourne. When quizzed by Jack and Clarkey about whether it's just his opinion or he has some intel, this guy said "No comment". For me that is Fremantle's "Get out of Jail Free" card is this type of scenario panning out. Fremantle don't want to blow a million bucks by sacking Lyon at the end of the season. We need more West Australian influence back in Fremantle and rid the club of the Victorian influence. After all we are a West Australian club representing a famous West Australian town and we need our identity back.

I hope James from Scarborough is on the money.

Was it the Sports Breakfast podcast DD and if so can you remember how far in it was when this caller rang in?

The Ross Lyon conundrum 4 years 9 months ago #171517

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357

Mr AFL wrote:

DD wrote: I've decided to throw this topic up here in the bar because it is the most talked about topic in football here in The West. I heard a caller this morning on a podcast on Sport FM say he believes something big is going to come out about Ross Lyon in the next two weeks that involves a coaching move back to Melbourne. When quizzed by Jack and Clarkey about whether it's just his opinion or he has some intel, this guy said "No comment". For me that is Fremantle's "Get out of Jail Free" card is this type of scenario panning out. Fremantle don't want to blow a million bucks by sacking Lyon at the end of the season. We need more West Australian influence back in Fremantle and rid the club of the Victorian influence. After all we are a West Australian club representing a famous West Australian town and we need our identity back.

I hope James from Scarborough is on the money.

Was it the Sports Breakfast podcast DD and if so can you remember how far in it was when this caller rang in?

Sorry my bad it was the Tony Micale podcast on Monday the 15th about 5 min 30 seconds in.

www.sportfm.com.au/20190715_tony_micale.mp3
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

The Ross Lyon conundrum 4 years 9 months ago #171518

• Leather Stops
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 109

DD wrote: .. We need more West Australian influence back in Fremantle and rid the club of the Victorian influence. After all we are a West Australian club representing a famous West Australian town and we need our identity back.

Perhaps you need more nous from the Vics & less local?

The Ross Lyon conundrum 4 years 9 months ago #171521

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Leather Stops wrote:

DD wrote: .. We need more West Australian influence back in Fremantle and rid the club of the Victorian influence. After all we are a West Australian club representing a famous West Australian town and we need our identity back.

Perhaps you need more nous from the Vics & less local?

Until Peter Bell was appointed Football Operations Manager the club was entirely run by Victorians and where has that got us? All current coaches are from Victoria including Ross Lyon, David Hale, Anthony Rock and Brent Guerra. Maybe you need to do your homework?
Get on your bike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

The Ross Lyon conundrum 4 years 9 months ago #171522

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
Here's the reason why Lyon will more than likely see out his contract and why he's so smug about it. If Freo pay him out early, it's quite likely it'll cost them double under the AFL's soft cap penalty regime.

www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-17/what-is-t...world-sport/11313372

The Ross Lyon conundrum 4 years 9 months ago #171523

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yes I've been getting the sense Ross is quite smug about his contract and the fact he's got the club in a corner. That's all well and good but up until now he's never been a sacked coach. That will change next year because once it has become evident to him he is not getting another contract extension he will either pre empt his own exit in face saving fashion or the club will tap him out before the end of the season.

Mark Duffield wrote in the West app today I was able to read before they ended the complimentary free period, he posed the question "Could Ross Lyon return to St Kilda"? A couple of ex Saints have said they would welcome him back and he's the sort of hard edged coach they need. Hopefully that grows legs and Ross's manager and St Kilda start talking. Listen out for reports about Mrs Lyon enrolling the kids back in school in Melbourne or making real estate enquiries.
Get on your bike.

Last edit: by DD.

The Ross Lyon conundrum 4 years 9 months ago #171526

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
with some of people being mentioned as options, they would better off staying with Lyon. He has always been too loyal to his players, whether they could play or not. I learned that a long time ago, even as a school kid, from watching coaches, such as, Todd and Armstrong.

Last edit: by ArkRoyal.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 501 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020