Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

On Topic? 4 years 11 months ago #166858

• FIN
  • FIN's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4
Can I ask why when a TOPIC is started it seems to be an opportunity for many to abuse each other -
Go off topic ...
Start a toxic conversations ..
or
Get involved in their own little world of vitriol and past references to each other???

I appreciate I have of late smacked the media and the WAFC - but, to the point of distraction? I think not.

Could that be why its pretty obvious there are more 'readers/guests' than 'contributors'??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

On Topic? 4 years 11 months ago #166872

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
Welcome to the forum Fin as I assume you are a new poster. You are correct in saying that threads are sometimes derailed by people who have no real interest in debating issues, rather just getting involved in personal abuse or having a shot at other clubs. This is separate from banter which is "taking the piss" but in a humourous and more good natured way.
I think that the majority of posters on here are genuine supporters of their clubs either WAFL or AFL and I tend to respond to points that they make and ignore the people who are just here to stir up others.
The forum has lost a number of long time posters over the last 6 months,some have been banned, others have chosen to leave for their own reasons. Any forum needs new members to survive and I would encourage anyone reading this to join this forum and contribute your views, it is well moderated and small enough that your views don't get lost in a sea of comments as per Bigfooty which has a huge membership
I would also hope that you continue to contribute to the forum.

On Topic? 4 years 11 months ago #166901

• FIN
  • FIN's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4
Mikeh
Cheers for the reply - and staying on topic :)

The jury remains out on my staying to contribute to be honest
Sadly in my short time here I'm yet to feel most cannot help but attack each other or trolling or just drift back to personal agendas - Humour, dry or otherwise is great / sarcasm can be a fun tool as is comical banter.

I chose to join to enjoy and learn from others on their observations of a club - a game - a player etc
BUT ON TOPIC please

But I guess 'Forest for the trees' as they say

I Hope to stay apart of the banter ...

Last edit: by FIN.

On Topic? 4 years 11 months ago #166909

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839
Stick with it FIN !!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

On Topic? 4 years 11 months ago #167448

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
The simple solution to all this off topic, the slagging , the numpty posters is to have moderators exercise the level of moderation required, quite simple really.

If the poster doesn't like it complain but understand that Leedy or Winger whichever is the WP one has every right to edit their thread and keep it on topic (within some boundaries) and if that means that dumb comments get blown away then sobeit!

Yep I will probably get blown away and so I should.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Last edit: by Grump.

On Topic? 4 years 11 months ago #167449

• OzFooty
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 146
Grump despite several attempts to offer WP supporters moderation rights on their thread none have taken up the offer so they can hardly complain about outsiders posting about their club. I haven't even received a reply to offers to make them moderators.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grump, ArkRoyal

Last edit: by OzFooty.

On Topic? 4 years 11 months ago #167469

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839
Maybe it's just a WP thing to not accept responsibility for sorting their own stuff out?

On Topic? 4 years 11 months ago #167482

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
A bloody good site that is free and some people still have a whinge? FFS, you could give some people a free hot pie on a cold day and they’d still whine because there wasn’t any sauce on it!!!!
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

On Topic? 4 years 11 months ago #167488

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
Shark58: 100 per cent correct.

On Topic? 4 years 11 months ago #167494

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357
Just thought it worth mentioning here, been a bit of talk about those banned or old keyboard warriors no longer around these days but there has been a few good new additions to Ozfooty this year who are making a good contribution and livening up discussion even if some are stirring the pot a bit. I'm referring to Stand the Test, therealswansman and FIN. Always worth a read and a few new Royals members i notice have come out of the woodwork.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stand the Test

Last edit: by DD.
  • Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 259 guests and 6 members online

• westaussieguy
  • swansfan4life
  • Success Hill
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky