Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Eddie's Offer to the Government 4 years 11 months ago #166247

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351
Say what you will about Eddie Maguire, most football fans who don't follow Collingwood despise the man but he is forever the promoter and has the gift of the gab and knows a thing or two about business and who's phone number he doesn't have in his contacts on his iPhone isn't worth knowing about.

I despised the bloke when he was heavily involved in extending the agreement with the AFL to make sure the grand final is played at the MCG until 2056 at least, but he is gracious and intelligent enough to admit we probably have the best stadium in the world and the amenities surrounding it and he is basically saying our West Australian government is not doing enough to promote games against the big interstate clubs and they can use him (probably for a tidy sum lol) to get involved to promote interstate games at Optus Stadium.

IMHO the government would be negligent if they don't at least sit down and discuss it with him. Paul Papalia should be making contact with him as we speak and make time to catch up with him when he's here to cover the Derby.
Get on your bike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BC

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Eddie's Offer to the Government 4 years 11 months ago #166249

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
I'm not sure having Eddie on board will bring more people to games DD...in fact it will probably have the opposite effect. I actually don't mind him except when commentating the Pies as he's obviously so biased it's not funny.

Eddie's Offer to the Government 4 years 11 months ago #166253

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
Cannot stand the clown.

He would actually put people off coming here.

In saying that the Sneakers the Paps are flunking on tourism badly...despite the big promises.

Eddie's Offer to the Government 4 years 11 months ago #166255

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351
Pretty sure Eddie isn't saying appoint me to call all games at Optus Stadium, he would be promoting interstate games at Optus Stadium from Melbourne. He would use his media profile and bring people together to make things happen. He obviously believes we are not doing enough to promote interstate games to bring fans over to the game and at the same time bring in tourism dollars. The bloke knows his stuff he is the ultimate promoter. You don't knock back blokes like that and whinge later that tourism is down.
Get on your bike.

Last edit: by DD.

Eddie's Offer to the Government 4 years 11 months ago #166263

• jackspratt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273
Not so sure it would be of great benefit.

First up, you can be sure Eddie would be asking for a motza to be put on a retainer.

Then - who is going to come "from the East"? It would only be those from the bigger and/or, stronger clubs (Wobblers, Handbaggers, Poos & Wees, Melbourne, Tiggers), and only when they were playing the Eagles.

In which case, Optus would already be full, or close to it. So no extra money there.

I lost count of how many times, when I was a frequent visitor to the East coast in the 80s and 90s for business and sport, people would say to me "I would love to visit Perth, but it is soooo far away". :ohmy:

It hasn't gotten any closer in the intervening years, and there was usually a distinct silence when I reminded them that Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane were just as far away from Perth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 58shark

Eddie's Offer to the Government 4 years 11 months ago #166266

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
If he’s commentating the Eagles game, I’ll be turning the sound down and tuning into the radio.

Don’t let him fool you, his offer is only to play the big man while he fleeces us. He doesn’t give a rat’s about WA and WAFooty, least of all the Eagles.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Eddie's Offer to the Government 4 years 11 months ago #166268

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327
Around 20 years ago when Swan Districts where bankrupt. And the Football Comission wanted to kick Swans out of the Wafl.Eddie done a lot of work on the east coast helping raise money for Swans with Leon Baker.Sportsnights +tin rattling at Collingwood - Essendon games.Eddie a legend in my book.Even a 20 minute special feature on the footy show.He done a lot more than most Wa Football people.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, UNKA2, DD

Last edit: by gtrxuone.

Eddie's Offer to the Government 4 years 11 months ago #166269

• UNKA2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 116

58shark wrote: If he’s commentating the Eagles game, I’ll be turning the sound down and tuning into the radio.

Don’t let him fool you, his offer is only to play the big man while he fleeces us. He doesn’t give a rat’s about WA and WAFooty, least of all the Eagles.

Hows that chip going 58???

Eddie's Offer to the Government 4 years 11 months ago #166271

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

UNKA2 wrote:

58shark wrote: If he’s commentating the Eagles game, I’ll be turning the sound down and tuning into the radio.

Down the same track as your continued negativity me old mate!!!!
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Eddie's Offer to the Government 4 years 11 months ago #166274

• UNKA2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 116

58shark wrote:

UNKA2 wrote:

Down the same track as your continued negativity me old mate!!!!

So ya didnt get me praise of yer beloved eagles obvioulsy !!

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 503 guests and one member online

• Swedgen

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes