Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Another Cliff Hanger Federal Election 4 years 11 months ago #166106

• gtrxuone
  • gtrxuone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327
Polling done over the weekend by the Sydney Morning Herald.Shows the LNP will retain all there NSW seats .And win back Wentworth and 3 western suburbs Sydney Seats.Herbert,Lindsey+Penrith.Tony Abbott in trouble with a possible 12% swing.
I'n QLD the government holds 8 seats by less than 4%.But it looks like there votes holding in Qld with One Nation preferences.
If they lose 1 seat in Sa+Wa.The Lnp still has 77 or 78 seats.So it looks like Labour has to win 5 seats off the Government in Victoria. However the most unpredictable state is Queensland. We will see what happens in the next month.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Another Cliff Hanger Federal Election 4 years 11 months ago #166108

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
I don't think the Libs have any chance of winning.

NSW wont perform quite as good as expected, I reckon Abbott is gone in his seat said that for a while. They might sandbag a few seats maybe win back Wentworth, but that will be about it.

Qld they can expect to lose 4 or 5 including Dutton.

The will lost 3 seats here, Porter Hastie and Wyatt are gone. Maybe 4.

SA and Vic are even bigger problems.

Labor by 10 plus seats for mine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Last edit: by Bazza.

Another Cliff Hanger Federal Election 4 years 11 months ago #166110

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Btw I wouldn't read much into the recent Newspoll , it was taken before Labor announced the big Medicare cancer thing, I reckon they will out campaign the Libs on that. Despite the fact that its 90% BS given most stuff is already covered by the public system, its emotive are people grab it.

Another Cliff Hanger Federal Election 4 years 11 months ago #166112

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Bazza wrote: I don't think the Libs have any chance of winning.

NSW wont perform quite as good as expected, I reckon Abbott is gone in his seat said that for a while. They might sandbag a few seats maybe win back Wentworth, but that will be about it.

Qld they can expect to lose 4 or 5 including Dutton.

The will lost 3 seats here, Porter Hastie and Wyatt are gone. Maybe 4.

SA and Vic are even bigger problems.

Labor by 10 plus seats for mine.

A friend of mine Baz gets right into all this stuff for the Libs.They think there going to win back Cowan off Anne Ally.

Another Cliff Hanger Federal Election 4 years 11 months ago #166113

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hope he is right, but as much as I would like to see the Libs win as Shorten will be the biggest disaster for the economy is living memory I reckon the two term factor, leadership changes etc are too much for the them to get over.

Another Cliff Hanger Federal Election 4 years 11 months ago #166114

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1350
A few commentators are saying Bill Shorten has had his birthday cake moment over electric cars. I haven't been following it but apparently he is stumbling over his answers and the coalition are all over it. Sounds like Billy is really a wannabe Greenie.
Get on your bike.

Another Cliff Hanger Federal Election 4 years 11 months ago #166119

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

DD wrote: A few commentators are saying Bill Shorten has had his birthday cake moment over electric cars. I haven't been following it but apparently he is stumbling over his answers and the coalition are all over it. Sounds like Billy is really a wannabe Greenie.

Yeah the electric car thing is a shambles, thought bubble, listened to a Electron Physics guy talk about it on the radio Sunday said its all total BS, you are never going to able to speed up recharge times enough to make it viable in 10 mins, cars need 7 or 8 hrs for a recharge over night.

Another Cliff Hanger Federal Election 4 years 11 months ago #166120

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
That said I don't reckon many people will change votes enough to save the libs, no doubt a lot of people get sucked into this renewable energy scam ignoring it cant survive without subsidies, tell them the gov will pay for their new electric car and clowns will vote for it, ignoring the fact it comes at a huge cost to everyone else.

Another Cliff Hanger Federal Election 4 years 11 months ago #166134

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Bazza wrote:

DD wrote: A few commentators are saying Bill Shorten has had his birthday cake moment over electric cars. I haven't been following it but apparently he is stumbling over his answers and the coalition are all over it. Sounds like Billy is really a wannabe Greenie.

Yeah the electric car thing is a shambles, thought bubble, listened to a Electron Physics guy talk about it on the radio Sunday said its all total BS, you are never going to able to speed up recharge times enough to make it viable in 10 mins, cars need 7 or 8 hrs for a recharge over night.

Also the cost of a home recharge is like having two swampy a\c on your roof of your house.

Last edit: by gtrxuone.

Another Cliff Hanger Federal Election 4 years 11 months ago #166135

• jackspratt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273
A few interesting quotes (taken from a twatter account I can't directly link to):

You will note that hypocrisy and bullshit come in several different flavours - all coloured blue. :P

Here's Josh Frydenberg and Paul Fletcher posing outside Parliament House with the Mitsubishi Outlander, Tesla Model S and Model X, Nissan Leaf, Hyundai IONIQ and BMW i8.

Here's Josh Frydenberg saying "those ridiculing [electric vehicles] will end up buying them"

Josh Frydenberg
‏Verified account @JoshFrydenberg

Great to test drive the #Tesla Model S this morning at Parliament House, thanks to Behyad Jefari of the #ElectricVehicle Council.

Greg Hunt
‏Verified account @GregHuntMP

With @Brighsun_EV today on their electric powered bus, which has traveled 1,000km on one battery charge.

Oh! , and the (then) Energy Minister Angus Taylor, from October last year:

The ultra-rapid charge will provide a range of up to 400km in just 15 minutes, compared to a current charging time of several hours.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 264 guests and one member online

• Frothy

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes