Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

AFL equality......?? 5 years 1 month ago #164496

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 840

gtrxuone wrote:

Bazza wrote:

gtrxuone wrote:

UNKA2 wrote: Read somewhere that Channel 7 had dropped the womens games, and transferred it to 72, due to lack of viewers.

Channel 7 also tried to swap the Ashes for Wimbledon. And CH9 said no.

It wont be long before its dropped from free to air is my guess, unless the AFL pay to put it on.

The minute they charge at the gate, there will be 200 people there, if they were real about it , they would be playing it at same time as mens, they don't because they know it would fail to get any air.

I am a huge fan of female sports, hockey netball swimming tennis, women's footy to me will never match them.

I can understand Ch 9 hanging onto the All England Open its a global event, Ashes is two countries one of which on a global scale is small market.

I heard Paul Hazelby say on the Radio.That Comissioner Taylor asked Steven Hocking from the AFL to travel to Perth.And speak to the Wafl Club Presidents about a few matters.The biggest issue being the future AFL reserves.
Mr Hocking told the club Presidents. That the future Afl ressies is off the radar till 2022 and might be a Vic based competition. And there preference atm was to play AFLW before the mens AFL games.That making the woman's league the new ressie comp.Not to different to what the Wafc is going to do here with the pre Wafl league game.

GTR if what you say above is the outcome then thats as good as we could expect, a full blown AFL ressies comp would crush the last remaining breath out of the WAFL but this plan has much less impact.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

AFL equality......?? 5 years 1 month ago #164498

• gtrxuone
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329

Senior Seagull wrote:

gtrxuone wrote:

Bazza wrote:

gtrxuone wrote:

UNKA2 wrote: Read somewhere that Channel 7 had dropped the womens games, and transferred it to 72, due to lack of viewers.

Channel 7 also tried to swap the Ashes for Wimbledon. And CH9 said no.

It wont be long before its dropped from free to air is my guess, unless the AFL pay to put it on.

The minute they charge at the gate, there will be 200 people there, if they were real about it , they would be playing it at same time as mens, they don't because they know it would fail to get any air.

I am a huge fan of female sports, hockey netball swimming tennis, women's footy to me will never match them.

I can understand Ch 9 hanging onto the All England Open its a global event, Ashes is two countries one of which on a global scale is small market.

I heard Paul Hazelby say on the Radio.That Comissioner Taylor asked Steven Hocking from the AFL to travel to Perth.And speak to the Wafl Club Presidents about a few matters.The biggest issue being the future AFL reserves.
Mr Hocking told the club Presidents. That the future Afl ressies is off the radar till 2022 and might be a Vic based competition. And there preference atm was to play AFLW before the mens AFL games.That making the woman's league the new ressie comp.Not to different to what the Wafc is going to do here with the pre Wafl league game.

GTR if what you say above is the outcome then thats as good as we could expect, a full blown AFL ressies comp would crush the last remaining breath out of the WAFL but this plan has much less impact.

SS I think the AFL put there toe in the water.And quickly pulled it out.Very secret meeting didn't read or hear anything about it .
Just have a feeling that the Eagles Wafl side is going to be good for the Wafl.Adding the redevelopment of Lathlain Park.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by gtrxuone.
  • Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 360 guests and one member online

• gtrxuone

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog