Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

AFL equality......?? 5 years 1 month ago #164431

• UNKA2
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 116
So all is equal in the AFL, as they are at pains to bleat about.
AFLW, a "serious"real competition with finals etc, and promoted as such.
Now the JLT pre season comp, basically practice matches, with no meaning as such.

So entry for the REAL COMP (aflw) is $0
Entry for JLT ( practice matches) is $20:00.

Can someone ask the AFL why????
The following user(s) said Thank You: Grump, DD, CasualObserver

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

AFL equality......?? 5 years 1 month ago #164432

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358
And already they (women players) are carrying on about equal pay. One of them the other day mentioned some AFL X players were getting 50k while the women only get, I think it was something like 37k for a "whole" season which in AFLW is how many games? 5, 6, 8 games?

Here they are banging on already about equality when they are bringing NOTHING through the gate. I've got Foxtel and I'd be lucky if I've watched 10 minutes of it. Curiosity only.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CasualObserver

AFL equality......?? 5 years 1 month ago #164433

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 217
If they charged for entry to AFLW there would be relations only. At least with free entry friends do come along as well.
I guess that the TV coverage covers some of the cost of running the comp.
I have watched a bit and unlike women's cricket, basketball, soccer etc, it appears to me that AFLW players have not attained the skill levels of the game their counterparts in other sports have. I think that the physical nature of their game is the key here. The women, generally speaking, are not as hard at the ball as the men and ball-handling by hand and foot and general use of the ball (ie finding targets) leaves much to be desired. Not an attractive game to watch but if the women enjoy it that is good.
Just MHO.

Last edit: by smokey.

AFL equality......?? 5 years 1 month ago #164434

• Leather Stops
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 109

smokey wrote: If they charged for entry to AFLW there would be relations only. At least with free entry friends do come along as well.
I guess that the TV coverage covers some of the cost of running the comp.
I have watched a bit and unlike women's cricket, basketball, soccer etc, it appears to me that AFLW players have not attained the skill levels of the game their counterparts in other sports have. I think that the physical nature of their game is the key here. The women, generally speaking, are not as hard at the ball as the men and ball-handling by hand and foot and general use of the ball (ie finding targets) leaves much to be desired. Not an attractive game to watch but if the women enjoy it that is good.
Just MHO.

the good news is that if you dont like it then watch the Australian Mens NETBALL games. Not sure if on TV.

AFL equality......?? 5 years 1 month ago #164435

• UNKA2
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 116
Read somewhere that Channel 7 had dropped the womens games, and transferred it to 72, due to lack of viewers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone, CasualObserver

AFL equality......?? 5 years 1 month ago #164438

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329

UNKA2 wrote: Read somewhere that Channel 7 had dropped the womens games, and transferred it to 72, due to lack of viewers.

Channel 7 also tried to swap the Ashes for Wimbledon. And CH9 said no.

AFL equality......?? 5 years 1 month ago #164447

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

gtrxuone wrote:

UNKA2 wrote: Read somewhere that Channel 7 had dropped the womens games, and transferred it to 72, due to lack of viewers.

It wont be long before its dropped from free to air is my guess, unless the AFL pay to put it on.

The minute they charge at the gate, there will be 200 people there, if they were real about it , they would be playing it at same time as mens, they don't because they know it would fail to get any air.

I am a huge fan of female sports, hockey netball swimming tennis, women's footy to me will never match them.

I can understand Ch 9 hanging onto the All England Open its a global event, Ashes is two countries one of which on a global scale is small market.

Last edit: by Bazza.

AFL equality......?? 5 years 1 month ago #164465

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329

Bazza wrote:

gtrxuone wrote:

It wont be long before its dropped from free to air is my guess, unless the AFL pay to put it on.

The minute they charge at the gate, there will be 200 people there, if they were real about it , they would be playing it at same time as mens, they don't because they know it would fail to get any air.

I am a huge fan of female sports, hockey netball swimming tennis, women's footy to me will never match them.

I can understand Ch 9 hanging onto the All England Open its a global event, Ashes is two countries one of which on a global scale is small market.

I heard Paul Hazelby say on the Radio.That Comissioner Taylor asked Steven Hocking from the AFL to travel to Perth.And speak to the Wafl Club Presidents about a few matters.The biggest issue being the future AFL reserves.
Mr Hocking told the club Presidents. That the future Afl ressies is off the radar till 2022 and might be a Vic based competition. And there preference atm was to play AFLW before the mens AFL games.That making the woman's league the new ressie comp.Not to different to what the Wafc is going to do here with the pre Wafl league game.

AFL equality......?? 5 years 1 month ago #164467

• Devonleigh
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 64
Can anybody shed some light on 4 current reports of alleged sexual harassment in the aflw?

AFL equality......?? 5 years 1 month ago #164468

• Leather Stops
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 109

Devonleigh wrote: Can anybody shed some light on 4 current reports of alleged sexual harassment in the aflw?

I think it has to do with the umpires frees as some ladies were screaming they were not holding the man..
The following user(s) said Thank You: CasualObserver

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 897 guests and 2 members online

• Senior Seagull
  • Kick it long

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL