Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Freo’s flag 5 years 1 month ago #163921

• 58shark
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
Looking like Freo might have to buy a trophy cabinet. Their first flag may come from their woman’s team.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Freo’s flag 5 years 1 month ago #163927

• Ti Em
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 250
They did win a couple of WAFL flags not long ago - don't you get a trophy with that?

Freo’s flag 5 years 1 month ago #163928

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351

58shark wrote: Looking like Freo might have to buy a trophy cabinet. Their first flag may come from their woman’s team.

How very sexist of you 58shark, woman's team. Lol. Actually it's a team of women coached by a man. I knew it wouldn't be long before some Eagles supporter or Freo hater (I would have had my money on Unholytugboat) to slip the jibe in but you've gone early 58 when all they've done is won their first 3 games. Long way to go before they win any silverware and knowing the Melbourne dominated AFL, even if Freo finish on top and make the GF, the AFL will probably insist the game has to be played in Melbourne because of some pre existing agreement or because Melbourne viewers need to see it before Milo o'clock.
Get on your bike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ooollllrrrrrry2

Freo’s flag 5 years 1 month ago #163930

• UNKA2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 116
Am i the only one who gets sucked in when the sports news mentions Freo and football, then find out its the womens team.? Seriously hoping on the coat tails of our most popular sport in the country, and getting huge media etc, for a level of comp thats about u/14 standard. Couldnt give a rats about Freos first flag etc, unless it was the real thing. Absoulte joke. .............. RANT OVER

Freo’s flag 5 years 1 month ago #163933

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207

DD wrote:

58shark wrote: Looking like Freo might have to buy a trophy cabinet. Their first flag may come from their woman’s team.

How very sexist of you 58shark, woman's team. Lol. Actually it's a team of women coached by a man. I knew it wouldn't be long before some Eagles supporter or Freo hater (I would have had my money on Unholytugboat) to slip the jibe in but you've gone early 58 when all they've done is won their first 3 games. Long way to go before they win any silverware and knowing the Melbourne dominated AFL, even if Freo finish on top and make the GF, the AFL will probably insist the game has to be played in Melbourne because of some pre existing agreement or because Melbourne viewers need to see it before Milo o'clock.

Don't worry, as soon as he gets wind of this topic he'll be all over it.

Freo’s flag 5 years 1 month ago #163934

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543

UNKA2 wrote: Am i the only one who gets sucked in when the sports news mentions Freo and football, then find out its the womens team.? Seriously hoping on the coat tails of our most popular sport in the country, and getting huge media etc, for a level of comp thats about u/14 standard. Couldnt give a rats about Freos first flag etc, unless it was the real thing. Absoulte joke. .............. RANT OVER

I'm with you Unk...who cares in all seriousness?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Freo’s flag 5 years 1 month ago #163942

• Tiger Tales
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 134

BC wrote:

UNKA2 wrote: Am i the only one who gets sucked in when the sports news mentions Freo and football, then find out its the womens team.? Seriously hoping on the coat tails of our most popular sport in the country, and getting huge media etc, for a level of comp thats about u/14 standard. Couldnt give a rats about Freos first flag etc, unless it was the real thing. Absoulte joke. .............. RANT OVER

I'm with you Unk...who cares in all seriousness?

While most posters on here couldn't care less about the AFLW, I'd be bloody rapt if Claremont averaged nearly 6000 spectators at each home game.

Maybe the WAFL should reduce the entry fee or even scrap it and see if clubs can pick up the lost gate in extra food, beverage and merchandise sales?

Freo’s flag 5 years 1 month ago #163944

• Tiger of old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230
If the wafl got the huge media attention that aflw gets AND was free entry then we probably would get 6000 a game
The following user(s) said Thank You: UNKA2

Freo’s flag 5 years 1 month ago #163952

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
The 1950's called and they want their footy supporters back. I think most people on here have made it clear what they think of the womens competition so why keep banging on about it? Flick the off switch and leave it to those of us who quite like watching it.

Freo’s flag 5 years 1 month ago #163956

• UNKA2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 116

mikeh wrote: The 1950's called and they want their footy supporters back. I think most people on here have made it clear what they think of the womens competition so why keep banging on about it? Flick the off switch and leave it to those of us who quite like watching it.

I dont watch it, so no need to switch off. Mine was an opinion and we are all allowed them.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 378 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes