Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

People Smugglers are back in business! 5 years 1 month ago #163749

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543

jackspratt wrote:

BC wrote: There is no grandfather clause saying it's for current detainees only. That amendment was mentioned by Shorten but I don't believe it was accepted and included in the draft bill.

The amendment is in the Bill - ie transfers are "grandfathered".

parlinfo.aph.gov.au/parlInfo/search/disp...c46b0262413%22;rec=0

Section 6.

Jack ...my reading of that suggests you can only apply for medical repatriation if you're in a regional processing country i.e you can't apply if you're in Indonesia or wherever even if you've been deemed a refugee. I see nothing there that suggests future arrivals into Manus and Nauru won't be afforded the same opportunity as it doesn't say it's restricted to only those currently in Nauru or Manus and not to any new arrivals. If I'm wrong I'll stand corrected but if that's the case it's certainly ambiguous at best and misleading at worst as it doesn't categorically rule out arrivals after the date of Assent.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by BC.

People Smugglers are back in business! 5 years 1 month ago #163750

• jackspratt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273
BC the amending legislation I linked says:

2) A transitory person is a relevant transitory person if:

(a) the person:

(i) is in a regional processing country on the day this section commences; or

(ii) is born in a regional processing country; and.........

A “Relevant transitory person” is defined as a transitory person who is assessed by a treating doctor as requiring medical or psychiatric assessment or treatment and is not receiving appropriate medical or psychiatric assessment or treatment in the regional processing country.

ps I'm getting too old for this. :)

People Smugglers are back in business! 5 years 1 month ago #163751

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Thats my point...it doesn't include refugees in other countries or those that have been assessed and moved on to the US or wherever...it doesn't categorically state that new arrivals are excluded.

People Smugglers are back in business! 5 years 1 month ago #163756

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
The other thing I'd like to mention on this is that it's a huge risk being taken by Shorten. At the first sign of an interception at sea by Border Force, the Govt will be all over it even if its just a dinghy with a couple Indon locals on it and trumpeting Labor will lose control of the border all over again if elected. I'm surprised he didn't ask Phelps to wait until after the election with a promise he'll walk it through parliament.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

People Smugglers are back in business! 5 years 1 month ago #163757

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 144

gtrxuone wrote: Recently spoke to an asylum seeker who got Australian citizenship. Has 7 children aged between new berths to around 6 years old.Thats worth about $1200 a week on Social Security. His wife was flushing the used nappies down the toilet.Water Corp had to come out and fix the ploblem.
Not going to defend this federal government. They have been useless the last 6 years and doubled our foreign debt to 1 trillion dollars.And used an unsustainable east coast property boom to boost the economy.
But on this they are the only ones with a working solution. Íf there 400 boats waiting to go.At $90,000 for the processing of 1 assaylem seeker.With about 10% of the applicant's deemed genuine refugees.

Ohh hospitals on Mannus Island and Nauru are better than most Wa country town hospitals.They have been given the green tick from the WHO+United Nations.

Why was she flushing the used nappies down the toilet?
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Last edit: by Mr AFL.

People Smugglers are back in business! 5 years 1 month ago #163761

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327

Mr AFL wrote:

gtrxuone wrote: Recently spoke to an asylum seeker who got Australian citizenship. Has 7 children aged between new berths to around 6 years old.Thats worth about $1200 a week on Social Security. His wife was flushing the used nappies down the toilet.Water Corp had to come out and fix the ploblem.
Not going to defend this federal government. They have been useless the last 6 years and doubled our foreign debt to 1 trillion dollars.And used an unsustainable east coast property boom to boost the economy.
But on this they are the only ones with a working solution. Íf there 400 boats waiting to go.At $90,000 for the processing of 1 assaylem seeker.With about 10% of the applicant's deemed genuine refugees.

Ohh hospitals on Mannus Island and Nauru are better than most Wa country town hospitals.They have been given the green tick from the WHO+United Nations.

Why was she flushing the used nappies down the toilet?

??

People Smugglers are back in business! 5 years 1 month ago #163766

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
if they do win it will be a one-term governemnt which will be a shame. What people in the ALP must accept is that if the people smugllers/illegal immigrants wish to land, and you in turn wish to prevent the same from happening, by default, you have to use force to turn the boats around.

People Smugglers are back in business! 5 years 1 month ago #163771

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
Yep, this is a small chink in the system but a chink never the less, its the thin edge of the wedge for those that want to bring the entire system down. Labor can't help themselves we know they are absolutely hopeless in this area from recent history.

People smugglers will be warming up the motors for the change of gov in 3 months.

People Smugglers are back in business! 5 years 1 month ago #163772

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161

jackspratt wrote:

BC wrote: Correct gtr...they will be getting boats prepared to sail across ports in Indonesia as we
speak. Once the Bill receives Royal Assent, the horizon will look like the landing of Dunkirk.

That's all that Morrison and his rabble could wish for - it is the only way they could avoid the impending electoral wipeout.

ps did anyone note how many recently departed Liberal (sic) Party members voted for the amendments?

This is a gift for the libs, but to be honest labors policies aren't travelling that well of late Franking Credits Tax went over like a lead balloon, and the Negative Gearing changes are an Albatros around the neck for them as home prices are plummeting coast to coast , people are already in negative equity and Bowen still wants to make them worth less.

Still a big ship to turn around, but remember Hewson and Latham both fell over at the line. I reckon Morrison might out campaign Shorten.

People Smugglers are back in business! 5 years 1 month ago #163773

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327

Bazza wrote:

jackspratt wrote:

BC wrote: Correct gtr...they will be getting boats prepared to sail across ports in Indonesia as we
speak. Once the Bill receives Royal Assent, the horizon will look like the landing of Dunkirk.

That's all that Morrison and his rabble could wish for - it is the only way they could avoid the impending electoral wipeout.

ps did anyone note how many recently departed Liberal (sic) Party members voted for the amendments?

This is a gift for the libs, but to be honest labors policies aren't travelling that well of late Franking Credits Tax went over like a lead balloon, and the Negative Gearing changes are an Albatros around the neck for them as home prices are plummeting coast to coast , people are already in negative equity and Bowen still wants to make them worth less.

Still a big ship to turn around, but remember Hewson and Latham both fell over at the line. I reckon Morrison might out campaign Shorten.

Baz where already struggling to maintain our health+social security system +look after our pensioners.+the indigenous people.Even the cost of stopping the boats is enormous. Mannus+Nauru and paying the USA to repatriating the genuine refugees.

Last edit: by gtrxuone.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 278 guests and 2 members online

• Demons Forever
  • one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL