Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

People Smugglers are back in business! 5 years 1 month ago #163729

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1349
Thanks to the likes of Kerryn Phelps, Labor and the Greens new legislation has passed for 2 doctors to give approval for asylum seekers to be transferred to Australia on medical grounds. In other words these fools have opened a backdoor way that WILL BE EXPLOITED by asylum seekers. They will swallow anything to make themselves sick to get a transfer to Australia where they will apply for asylum in Australia.

The good thing about this is it's handed the government further proof that Labor can't be trusted to protect Australia's borders and it's a slap in the face to those going through the right channels to seek asylum here.
Get on your bike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bats, Bazza, BC, UNKA2, smokey, Leather Stops

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

People Smugglers are back in business! 5 years 1 month ago #163732

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
Grump...DD is on the money...we'll now have hundreds of asylum seekers on Manus and Nauru saying they have serious illnesses even if they don't and support groups approaching sympathetic Dr's to support their repatriation to Australia for treatment. Once here, they apply to the courts to stay in Australia which generally gets dragged out for years....in other words they'll never go back. People smugglers will seize on this opportunity in no time and next thing you know it's on again. Jump on a boat, get picked up by Border Force and transferred to Manus or Nauru and say you're ill...and the wheel goes around and around....more deaths at sea...more people on boats,...smugglers getting rich...Labor in government...it's all too familiar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza, Leather Stops

Last edit: by BC.

People Smugglers are back in business! 5 years 1 month ago #163736

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Grump...if someone gets picked up on a boat in a months, six months or a years time and is transferred to Manus or Nauru they will have the same opportunity to be repatriated to Australia under this legislation as those already in detention. There is no grandfather clause saying it's for current detainees only. That amendment was mentioned by Shorten but I don't believe it was accepted and included in the draft bill.

Last edit: by BC.

People Smugglers are back in business! 5 years 1 month ago #163737

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

BC wrote: Grump...if someone gets picked up on a boat in a months, six months or a years time and is transferred to Manus or Nauru they will have the same opportunity to be repatriated to Australia under this legislation as those already in detention. There is no grandfather clause saying it's for current detainees only. That amendment was mentioned by Shorten but I don't believe it was accepted and included in the draft bill.

BC sorry but i have just broken a new years resolution, that I would not respond or got involved in non football threads as they always fraught with danger and more so that not all folk on here are as rational as you, I am/have deleted my posts
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended
The following user(s) said Thank You: BC

Last edit: by Grump.

People Smugglers are back in business! 5 years 1 month ago #163739

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1349

Grump wrote:

BC wrote: Grump...if someone gets picked up on a boat in a months, six months or a years time and is transferred to Manus or Nauru they will have the same opportunity to be repatriated to Australia under this legislation as those already in detention. There is no grandfather clause saying it's for current detainees only. That amendment was mentioned by Shorten but I don't believe it was accepted and included in the draft bill.

BC sorry but i have just broken a new years resolution, that I would not respond or got involved in non football threads as they always fraught with danger and more so that not all folk on here are as rational as you, I am/have deleted my posts

Don't be shy about giving your own opinion Grump. Memo to Swan42 : let's see the next news poll after this bill is passed. Lol
Get on your bike.

People Smugglers are back in business! 5 years 1 month ago #163742

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327
Recently spoke to an asylum seeker who got Australian citizenship. Has 7 children aged between new berths to around 6 years old.Thats worth about $1200 a week on Social Security. His wife was flushing the used nappies down the toilet.Water Corp had to come out and fix the ploblem.
Not going to defend this federal government. They have been useless the last 6 years and doubled our foreign debt to 1 trillion dollars.And used an unsustainable east coast property boom to boost the economy.
But on this they are the only ones with a working solution. Íf there 400 boats waiting to go.At $90,000 for the processing of 1 assaylem seeker.With about 10% of the applicant's deemed genuine refugees.
Ohh hospitals on Mannus Island and Nauru are better than most Wa country town hospitals.They have been given the green tick from the WHO+United Nations.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leather Stops

Last edit: by gtrxuone.

People Smugglers are back in business! 5 years 1 month ago #163744

• jackspratt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273

BC wrote: There is no grandfather clause saying it's for current detainees only. That amendment was mentioned by Shorten but I don't believe it was accepted and included in the draft bill.

The amendment is in the Bill - ie transfers are "grandfathered".

parlinfo.aph.gov.au/parlInfo/search/disp...c46b0262413%22;rec=0

Section 6.

People Smugglers are back in business! 5 years 1 month ago #163745

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Correct gtr...they will be getting boats prepared to sail across ports in Indonesia as we
speak. Once the Bill receives Royal Assent, the horizon will look like the landing of Dunkirk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

People Smugglers are back in business! 5 years 1 month ago #163746

• jackspratt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273

BC wrote: Correct gtr...they will be getting boats prepared to sail across ports in Indonesia as we
speak. Once the Bill receives Royal Assent, the horizon will look like the landing of Dunkirk.

That's all that Morrison and his rabble could wish for - it is the only way they could avoid the impending electoral wipeout.

ps did anyone note how many recently departed Liberal (sic) Party members voted for the amendments?

People Smugglers are back in business! 5 years 1 month ago #163747

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327

BC wrote: Correct gtr...they will be getting boats prepared to sail across ports in Indonesia as we

Hope it's not as big as Dunkirk. One thing that really gets under my skin .For the 90% that a deemed Q jumpers.Is we pay them what ever it costs them to come over.And send them away with a $12,000 cheque.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 462 guests and one member online

• Froggy

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020