Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

State Of The Union Address. President Trump. 5 years 1 month ago #163588

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
good posts lads -- that is why I have never really wanted to go near the joint.
they have squeezed their middle-class since 1980, even Bill Clinton repealled some of the government programmes put in place by FDR and Johnson. The minimum wage -- 7.25 -- has lost a third of it value since 1968 because of inflation. At this moment, they are trying to get a 'living wage of 15' an hour. However, as people would imagine even if the Federal Congress did double the rate, according to sum scholars, 'the living wage in SF should amount to 23.00. The average cost of living across the 50 states is 16.00.

For those interested, have a quick read of 'US minimum wage' on wikopaedia. From the footnotes to the mentioned article, some good work has been done on this problem by academics in the NE states in the north-east of America.

gtr: your absolutely right on Eisenhower -- he was a good fellow keeping in mind he was from a German speaking family himself. He and Bradley got on well with 'Monty'even more importantly then that, he was decent and honourable enough to have already written his resignation letter to FDR if our invasion had of failled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

State Of The Union Address. President Trump. 5 years 1 month ago #163607

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351
Did anyone catch any of the marathon Oversight Hearing in the US overnight where congress grilled acting Attorney General Mathew Whitaker over alleged interference into the Muller investigation by the DOJ? I just happened to flick on Fox News last night and it was fascinating stuff and quite tense.

Bit similar in some ways to Senate enquiries here and the RC into the banking and finance sector but this was basically a witch hunt by the Democrats trying like there is no tomorrow to find evidence the POTUS had help by the Russians to win the 2016 election. The acting AG only has a week to go before the new AG is sworn in but I tell you Trump will want to keep the current acting AG in the DOJ because he's as faithful as old yella to the United States President.

He gave them absolutely nothing and that was clearly his intention before he went in there.
Get on your bike.

Last edit: by DD.

State Of The Union Address. President Trump. 5 years 1 month ago #163614

• jackspratt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273

DD wrote: The acting AG only has a week to go before the new AG is sworn in but I tell you Trump will want to keep the current acting AG in the DOJ because he's as faithful as old yella to the United States President.

He gave them absolutely nothing and that was clearly his intention before he went in there.

This is the oath sworn by public office holders in the US:

“I, AB, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

No mention of the President.

State Of The Union Address. President Trump. 5 years 1 month ago #163618

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207

jackspratt wrote:

DD wrote: The acting AG only has a week to go before the new AG is sworn in but I tell you Trump will want to keep the current acting AG in the DOJ because he's as faithful as old yella to the United States President.

This is the oath sworn by public office holders in the US:

“I, AB, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.

No mention of the President.

Well hopefully, but maybe too ambitious, when someone is appointed to any governance role they discharge their duties appropriately rather in favour of/or not in favour of someone/some party they are aligned to or like.

State Of The Union Address. President Trump. 5 years 1 month ago #163624

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351
Well obviously the Democrats are determined to do everything possible to find an excuse for getting their ass kicked at the 2016 election and being embarrassed by a very successful President getting things done, despite the obvious opposition to anything he tries to do.

Isn't it the President who chooses the AG or his party? You would be foolish to think the AG won't show a shred of loyalty to the President of the United States.
Get on your bike.

State Of The Union Address. President Trump. 5 years 1 month ago #163677

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161

ArkRoyal wrote: good posts lads -- that is why I have never really wanted to go near the joint.
they have squeezed their middle-class since 1980, even Bill Clinton repealled some of the government programmes put in place by FDR and Johnson. The minimum wage -- 7.25 -- has lost a third of it value since 1968 because of inflation. At this moment, they are trying to get a 'living wage of 15' an hour. However, as people would imagine even if the Federal Congress did double the rate, according to sum scholars, 'the living wage in SF should amount to 23.00. The average cost of living across the 50 states is 16.00.

For those interested, have a quick read of 'US minimum wage' on wikopaedia. From the footnotes to the mentioned article, some good work has been done on this problem by academics in the NE states in the north-east of America.

gtr: your absolutely right on Eisenhower -- he was a good fellow keeping in mind he was from a German speaking family himself. He and Bradley got on well with 'Monty'even more importantly then that, he was decent and honourable enough to have already written his resignation letter to FDR if our invasion had of failled.

One of the things that really annoys me about the place is Tipping, its a rort than they use to justify a low basic wage pretty much in all service industries, but meals and drinks are no longer cheap and then they want to add 10 or 20% on tip, the place that really pissed me off was Canada they have a higher basic wage than here and still wanted another 10 or 20%, as far as Im concerned the price is the price I pay and walk out.

Last edit: by Bazza.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 385 guests and 3 members online

• Demons Forever
  • Danger
  • Tiger Tales

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr