Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Aust tennis open 5 years 2 months ago #162957

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357

mikeh wrote:

DD wrote:

mikeh wrote: Great win by Barty today in the womens. I think she has the potential to win a grand slam at some stage.

Another win today over Sharapova in 3 sets. Into the quarter finals. Di Minaur doesn't excite me, he's another Hewitt clone with no big weapons and too much Comm'on. Kirgios and Tomic are a couple of flogs that are an embarrassment to tennis and a blight on tennis. Super talented spoilt little cunts. Hopefully there is something better than all of them around the corner out on the junior courts somewhere, someone humble with some big weapons who is capable of breaking into the top ten and staying there.

The reality is tennis is not a big deal here compared most countries in Europe and Asia where they will live and breathe tennis.

Did you see young Poparin on Saturday DD? He is only 19 and took Pouille (french seed number 28) to 5 sets after being down 2 sets to nil
Whilst not an Aussie, I was super impressed with Greek 20 year old Stefanos Tsitsipas who knocked Federer out tonight. He seems to have all the shots and an ice cold temperament. I had the feeling that I was watching a changing of the guard with the big 4 now gradually being overtaken by the young players.

Just had a bit of a look at Popyrin this morning Mike looks like he's got some weapons big serve and really hits the ball hard. One to watch, hopefully he doesn't get a big head like the other two.

Osaka through to the qtrs after another tough match. She is learning to fight through against tough opponents. Seems like she and Barty are on opposite sides of the draw. It would be an Australian Open marketers dream to see those two in the final and not sure who would be crowd favourite TBH. Probably Barty just but Osaka is a probably the most liked player male or female atm because of the way she carries herself. Both of them are good sports.

Looks like Osaka is due to clash with Serena in the semi finals if both make it that far. That will be the most watched and anticipated tennis match in a long time. Hopefully Herald Sun cartoonist Mark Knight has got his crayons sharpened and ready to go. Lol
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by DD.

Aust tennis open 5 years 2 months ago #162971

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Looks like the crayons are coming out then.....Serena is all niceties when she wins.....when she loses she is very much a spoilt prima dona...pity Halep lost, would of loved to see Serena spit one again.....hopefully she does v Osaka.
The following user(s) said Thank You: UNKA2

Aust tennis open 5 years 2 months ago #163010

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
Serena's really gonna spit it now as she just got knocked off in the quarters. I wonder who she'll abuse this time?

Aust tennis open 5 years 2 months ago #163012

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015

BC wrote: Serena's really gonna spit it now as she just got knocked off in the quarters. I wonder who she'll abuse this time?

Looks like Pliskova came back from a virtually impossible position in that 3rd set too so will be interesting to see the reaction.

Aust tennis open 5 years 2 months ago #163013

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
Yep...serving for the match at 5-1 in the third when she rolled an ankle apparently and Pliskova won the next 6 straight....personally I'm glad she's out as I can't stand her histrionics.
The following user(s) said Thank You: UNKA2

Aust tennis open 5 years 2 months ago #163062

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Well who would of thought....Aussies in the men's, women and mixed doubles finals....great to see.....Nadal looks in pretty good nick....put away the Greek youngster pretty easy

Aust tennis open 5 years 2 months ago #163105

• Freezin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Well done to Stosur on her doubles win....hopefully Peers, Sharma and Smith can follow her lead.

Aust tennis open 5 years 2 months ago #163226

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357
Been a few days since the Australian Open women's final. I just watched the post match presentation again and I have to say it was fantastic to see two women the crowd love for different reasons and both women showed great humility and won the crowd over. Hard to say there was a crowd favourite in that match. Serena take note and maybe retire gracefully and enjoy being a mum.

Those two women put Kyrios and Tomic in the shade. Demonstrates two opposite ends of the spectrum, what's right and what's wrong with tennis.

On the match itself Kvitova showed great guts to save 3 match points on serve in the second set and the pressure showed on Osaka who had a meltdown after losing the second set. She left the court in tears with a towel over her head but came out with a different demeanour in the 3rd set. You could see she told herself not to show emotion whether she won or lost a point and held herself together to get on top of her opponent. She is an absolute star and a credit to her upbringing.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 373 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog