Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Well done West Coast Eagles Premiers 2018 5 years 6 months ago #157853

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
Its all about West Coast tonight and rightly so but I have some sympathy for Collingwood in that it takes two teams to make an epic grand final and its tough to lose a game like that. I thought Nathan Buckley was all class from the time he consoled the cheer squad leader before the game when the banner ripped to the press conference after the game which would have been excruciating. I really hope he gets to hold up the cup one day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone, jackspratt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Well done West Coast Eagles Premiers 2018 5 years 6 months ago #157854

• jackspratt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273
Agree with that, mike.

Buckley seems to have come a long way in the last 12 months. Prior to that, I saw him as someone who felt entitled, and with very few runs on the board to back it up.

A bit of humility becomes him.

Well done West Coast Eagles Premiers 2018 5 years 6 months ago #157855

• Archie Duda Goal Machine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 256
Agree with you both, Mike and Jack.
I also thought it was a nice touch by Nathan Buckley to console the errant runner who got in Jaidyn Stephenson's way in the third quarter.
I don't particularly like either team, but they put on a superb show on footy's biggest stage.
I enjoyed the game that much I was hoping it would be all square at full time so we had to go to extra time.

Well done West Coast Eagles Premiers 2018 5 years 6 months ago #157856

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
Yep got win as I expected , overcame a very poor start tbh they looked gone in the first quarter but grinded out a win , at least it was a close grand final unlike most of the finals series.

Well done West Coast Eagles Premiers 2018 5 years 6 months ago #157857

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357
Channel Eagles not hiding their delight. Drove passed their headquarters tonight in Osborne Pk and the whole building is lit up blue and gold lol.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Well done West Coast Eagles Premiers 2018 5 years 6 months ago #157874

• Tiger of old
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230
Very entertaining game of footy and pretty bloody tough. Thought the two former Tigers Barass and the Guv were superb in defence.

Well done West Coast Eagles Premiers 2018 5 years 6 months ago #157875

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015

Tiger of old wrote: Very entertaining game of footy and pretty bloody tough. Thought the two former Tigers Barass and the Guv were superb in defence.

Given that Mcgovern probably shouldnt have played, his contribution to the victory was astonishing. Collingwood would be 2018 premiers if not for his numerous intercept marks.
Barass was outstanding and kept the big American who destroyed Richmond last week under control. He is poised and an excellent decision maker. Schofield and Hurn also were good in what was a very solid defensive unit in the last 3 quarters

Well done West Coast Eagles Premiers 2018 5 years 6 months ago #157876

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

jackspratt wrote: Agree with that, mike.

Buckley seems to have come a long way in the last 12 months. Prior to that, I saw him as someone who felt entitled, and with very few runs on the board to back it up.

A bit of humility becomes him.

With you there jack. As a player he certainly was a figjam, but the last couple of years he has changed and I found him, this year, to be quite likeable. Even McGuire on the radio this morning was quite humble. Not sure it’s because he can be a likeable person if he tries or the fact that his team lost left him no other option than “nice”.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Well done West Coast Eagles Premiers 2018 5 years 6 months ago #157877

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

mikeh wrote:

Tiger of old wrote: Very entertaining game of footy and pretty bloody tough. Thought the two former Tigers Barass and the Guv were superb in defence.

Given that Mcgovern probably shouldnt have played, his contribution to the victory was astonishing. Collingwood would be 2018 premiers if not for his numerous intercept marks.
Barass was outstanding and kept the big American who destroyed Richmond last week under control. He is poised and an excellent decision maker. Schofield and Hurn also were good in what was a very solid defensive unit in the last 3 quarters

They said on the radio today that Guv has carried that injury for some weeks along with a bit of internal bleeding on the injury. Tough bugger if true.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Well done West Coast Eagles Premiers 2018 5 years 6 months ago #157879

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357
Leigh Mathews today was quite emphatic that the Dom Sheed mark that resulted in the winning goal should have been a Collingwood free kick for blocking. Someone should remind him about the "Leo Barry you star" moment in 2005 when in fact Ashley Sampi should have been awarded a free kick for holding denying him the opportunity to win the game. I wonder if it was the other way around if Leigh Mathews would be making such a big deal about it?
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dingo

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 355 guests and 3 members online

• Whitey
  • Success Hill
  • Cjayflavel

Newest Footy Recruits

• RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020