Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Worst WAFL season ever? 5 years 6 months ago #157569

• Stand the Test
  • Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
You have to be a positive person to continue to go every week and get on here - just someone tell me how this season in any way better than previous ones...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Worst WAFL season ever? 5 years 6 months ago #157571

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

Stand the Test wrote: You have to be a positive person to continue to go every week and get on here - just someone tell me how this season in any way better than previous ones...

Easy for me, I got my team back.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Worst WAFL season ever? 5 years 6 months ago #157573

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874
Sorry Grump but if you are a Perth, SD or EF (the 3 clubs that have never aligned nor received extra benefits from the WAFC and not surprisingly are currently the 3 clubs with the longest Premiership droughts) supporter we are entitled to be a little angered and disappointed by what the WAFC have single handedly allowed to take effect over a certain period of time now to completely destroy the comp...there is little to no light I can see at the end of the tunnel for the WAFL unless something is done to help clubs EAST of their beloved Western Coastal Plain to the city!

Worst WAFL season ever? 5 years 6 months ago #157574

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Bazza wrote: More chaos next year with the advent of the WCE reserves team.

Apparently the cost of the licence for them will go from 450K to 800K , giving 100K each to trad clubs.

I think your maths are a bit out.that is only a extra $350,000 and east perth are starting $175,000 behind.i would expect a extra $20,000 each after the royals come back to parity.

Worst WAFL season ever? 5 years 6 months ago #157575

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329
What is the role of the Wafc.To oversee the Eagles and Dockers down to the Auskick kids. Basically all footy in Wa.As for the Wafl they have a mess to clean up at WP.An Eagles stand alone Wafl side and EF and Subi at either end of the scale.
If Perth come good that will help the Wafl.Massive changes already with the colts and the women's league replacement of the ressies.Looks like the AFL is calling the shots.Very important to raise the age of Afl draftees instead of plucking boys out of the colts as teenagers. We all know the Wafl of today won't be around in a decade if not at all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Worst WAFL season ever? 5 years 6 months ago #157576

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

Beasley Hutton wrote: Sorry Grump but if you are a Perth, SD or EF (the 3 clubs that have never aligned nor received extra benefits from the WAFC and not surprisingly are currently the 3 clubs with the longest Premiership droughts) supporter we are entitled to be a little angered and disappointed by what the WAFC have single handedly allowed to take effect over a certain period of time now to completely destroy the comp...there is little to no light I can see at the end of the tunnel for the WAFL unless something is done to help clubs EAST of their beloved Western Coastal Plain to the city!

Do not disagree with you but I am / was trying put a positive view that for you there are some really positives to come out of the season at Basso.

I was chatting to an ex EP player whose son plays for another team and had a coaching role at the eventual colts premiers in another year ( bit vague but ..... ), we were joined by the CEO of your club and we all could see some good things on the horizon for both of our clubs. He, your CEO saw good things in the changes to the coaching a league and colts and felt that whilst it may take another season that it will happen, he was pleased that EP was back to being EP ( maybe that he played for us a long time ago). He is very positive abt the Swans future and unlike some other clubs seems to have a good business head rather than just seeing it as a club.
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Worst WAFL season ever? 5 years 6 months ago #157577

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Grump wrote:

Stand the Test wrote: You have to be a positive person to continue to go every week and get on here - just someone tell me how this season in any way better than previous ones...

Easy for me, I got my team back.

Season only improved once the announcement was madeI It was still hard watching certain eagles players getting games and knowing that their were better players playing in the reserves.

Worst WAFL season ever? 5 years 6 months ago #157578

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

gtrxuone wrote: What is the role of the Wafc.To oversee the Eagles and Dockers down to the Auskick kids. Basically all footy in Wa.As for the Wafl they have a mess to clean up at WP.An Eagles stand alone Wafl side and EF and Subi at either end of the scale.
If Perth come good that will help the Wafl.Massive changes already with the colts and the women's league replacement of the ressies.Looks like the AFL is calling the shots.Very important to raise the age of Afl draftees instead of plucking boys out of the colts as teenagers. We all know the Wafl of today won't be around in a decade if not at all.

That's it in a nutshell, wont be around much longer as we know it.

Worst WAFL season ever? 5 years 6 months ago #157579

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

chaddy22 wrote:

Bazza wrote: More chaos next year with the advent of the WCE reserves team.

Apparently the cost of the licence for them will go from 450K to 800K , giving 100K each to trad clubs.

I think your maths are a bit out.that is only a extra $350,000 and east perth are starting $175,000 behind.i would expect a extra $20,000 each after the royals come back to parity.

800 k they were not paying before for a licence..the alignment money goes but the dockers payments stay...don't they?

Worst WAFL season ever? 5 years 6 months ago #157580

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Beasley Hutton wrote: Sorry Grump but if you are a Perth, SD or EF (the 3 clubs that have never aligned nor received extra benefits from the WAFC and not surprisingly are currently the 3 clubs with the longest Premiership droughts) supporter we are entitled to be a little angered and disappointed by what the WAFC have single handedly allowed to take effect over a certain period of time now to completely destroy the comp...there is little to no light I can see at the end of the tunnel for the WAFL unless something is done to help clubs EAST of their beloved Western Coastal Plain to the city!

East Fremantle are not EAST of the West Coast Plain.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 1264 guests and one member online

• Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog