Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Eagles need to win the flag 5 years 7 months ago #156932

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358
I am a Fremantle supporter but I will be barracking hard for West Coast to win the prelim final and go all the way to win the flag. The biased against us in the West is fanatical amongst the Melbourne media particularly former players who dominate the Melbourne media. As if it's not bad enough the advantages the Melbourne clubs have with the grand final guaranteed to be played at the MCG the precious Victorians are whinging about the cost of flights (something we in the West have become accustomed to since we entered the VFL. All of a sudden its a big deal for a Melbourne club to travel West for a preliminary final.

Then there are some that say if West Coast make it through it will be a one sided grand final. They need to win it to stick it up those Victorians and the establishment that runs the game which is heavily biased towards the Melbourne clubs and and the Sydney market. I believe West Coast showed in the first game against Richmond at Optus Stadium they are the best equipped team to knock off Richmond. Back yourselves and get it done for West Australian football.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal, gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Eagles need to win the flag 5 years 7 months ago #156933

• UNKA2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 116

DD wrote: I am a Fremantle supporter but I will be barracking hard for West Coast to win the prelim final and go all the way to win the flag. The biased against us in the West is fanatical amongst the Melbourne media particularly former players who dominate the Melbourne media. As if it's not bad enough the advantages the Melbourne clubs have with the grand final guaranteed to be played at the MCG the precious Victorians are whinging about the cost of flights (something we in the West have become accustomed to since we entered the VFL. All of a sudden its a big deal for a Melbourne club to travel West for a preliminary final.

Then there are some that say if West Coast make it through it will be a one sided grand final. They need to win it to stick it up those Victorians and the establishment that runs the game which is heavily biased towards the Melbourne clubs and and the Sydney market. I believe West Coast showed in the first game against Richmond at Optus Stadium they are the best equipped team to knock off Richmond. Back yourselves and get it done for West Australian football.

Yeah yeah, the flag has gone outta vic oodles of time in the last 25 years or so, its really a beat up, that the locals will lap up as per the norm. Tell ya something Vics ( who dont barrack for collingwood) would barrack for the eags against em in the GF, such is the hate amongst vic teams. Supporting yer "neighbour" is puke fest, ya hate ya neighbouring teams. Ya guuna barrack for the vic players in the west coast teams???
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Eagles need to win the flag 5 years 7 months ago #156934

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017

UNKA2 wrote:

DD wrote: I am a Fremantle supporter but I will be barracking hard for West Coast to win the prelim final and go all the way to win the flag. The biased against us in the West is fanatical amongst the Melbourne media particularly former players who dominate the Melbourne media. As if it's not bad enough the advantages the Melbourne clubs have with the grand final guaranteed to be played at the MCG the precious Victorians are whinging about the cost of flights (something we in the West have become accustomed to since we entered the VFL. All of a sudden its a big deal for a Melbourne club to travel West for a preliminary final.

Yeah yeah, the flag has gone outta vic oodles of time in the last 25 years or so, its really a beat up, that the locals will lap up as per the norm. Tell ya something Vics ( who dont barrack for collingwood) would barrack for the eags against em in the GF, such is the hate amongst vic teams. Supporting yer "neighbour" is puke fest, ya hate ya neighbouring teams. Ya guuna barrack for the vic players in the west coast teams???

And for the Victorian coach of the Eagles as well Unka2. Total beat up. "us vs them' scenario for the supporters to get outraged over. All of this stuff is just noise. All that matters is what happens on the field. I'm sure all the players couldnt give a stuff about the opinions of washed up ex players.

Eagles need to win the flag 5 years 7 months ago #156937

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
I think JK needs another GF for WCE to redeem himself after that Hawthorn nightmare he had a few years back.....though it won't be easy for the big fella with Rance standing next to him.....on paper WCE look like the only team with multiple options up front and back to beat Richmond....plus wouldn't be great to see Liam Ryan take a few screamers in the GF.....not usually a WCE fan, but lots of EF interest if WCE did make the GF.......so yep I am with DD on this one......carn the Eagles!

Eagles need to win the flag 5 years 7 months ago #156940

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329
Adam Simpson is a fantastic coach.Hes persisted with players that struggled early in there Eagles careers. And some of those players are now his biggest stars.Redden,Yeo,Darling and Jetta.He will need to take his team to a higher level to beat the Dee's and Pies or Richmond over there.But if any coach can it's Simo.

Eagles need to win the flag 5 years 7 months ago #156944

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
Don't they have television in Victoria?

The Eagles have the most talent in the league and it is on that basis that we should judge Simpson. If they make the gf, they will have to overcome a three or four goal home ground advantage.

Last edit: by ArkRoyal.
  • Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 1078 guests and one member online

• Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020