Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

US Open 5 years 7 months ago #156423

• Dempsey
  • Dempsey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 18
I love my tennis but the TV coverage is just a joke with the constant talking and now interviews with "celebrities" whilst the game is going on in the back ground...you have to ask what next..........basketball hyped up music?

Also how does Serena get an exemption to bring a dog into the players box? Yet another look at me opportunity..........

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

US Open 5 years 7 months ago #156444

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Dempsey wrote: I love my tennis but the TV coverage is just a joke with the constant talking and now interviews with "celebrities" whilst the game is going on in the back ground...you have to ask what next..........basketball hyped up music?

Also how does Serena get an exemption to bring a dog into the players box? Yet another look at me opportunity..........

Dempsey I think that is what you can probably expect similar approach on channel 9 next summer with the exception of the dog of course (otherwise the member (at the moment) of New England might have a heart attack).

I certainly hope that the Australian Open officials responsible for the scheduling of matches do not repeat the 2018 scheduling and remember their words that it is an outside tournament and players need to prepare for the potentially hot weather.

US Open 5 years 7 months ago #156499

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
Absolutely disgraceful tantrum by Williams. I don't care how many titles she has won, she is not a champion because she lacks respect for the game, officials and her opponent. It is all about Serena. Don't forget she has previous form with incidents like this.
That poor Japanese girl was in tears at the end when it should have been the happiest day of her life. She actually apologised for winning would you believe.
As for those peanuts in the crowd who booed Osaka during the match, I would wonder if they had a brain between them. It is all about the Trump methodology of shouting down and abusing people who don't fit in with your world view. The same for the internet trolls who abused Millman for having the audacity to beat Federer.
The WTA if they had any guts would hand Williams and others like her a suspension for behaviour like that but of course they won't because the TV partners would not accept this potential loss of revenue.

Last edit: by mikeh.

US Open 5 years 7 months ago #156501

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358
Totally agree with both of you. Disgraced selfish performance by Serena that took the limelight off a history making achievement by Naomi Osaka who became the first Japanese player (M or F) to win a major. As you said Mike she basically apologised to the crowd because she knew who they were rooting for. I've always felt the Williams sisters are attention seekers that love the spotlight on them.

I hope Serena never makes another major final let alone win one and I just hope that beautiful young girl goes on to be a multiple major champion.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

US Open 5 years 7 months ago #156507

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
Quite a disgraceful display by Williams!
.Sad to say, Osaka will remember the day probably for all the wrong reasons
Hope the Japanese player can put this behind her and move on.

US Open 5 years 7 months ago #156524

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

westaussieguy wrote: Quite a disgraceful display by Williams!
.Sad to say, Osaka will remember the day probably for all the wrong reasons
Hope the Japanese player can put this behind her and move on.

Serena likes to think she's sugar and spice and all things nice.She has form for bad behaviour plus I thnk she is not a humble loser.

US Open 5 years 7 months ago #156525

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
There is a reason why Bradman played cricket and not tennis

US Open 5 years 7 months ago #156537

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874
Yet again more disgraceful behaviour from a tennis player...what is it with these primadonnas?

US Open 5 years 7 months ago #156547

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
She completely lost it , pretty ugly tbh.

US Open 5 years 7 months ago #156548

• Time For a Flag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The VFL is not the AFL
  • Thank you received: 133
Will be remembered for this as much as anything else
Victorians still laugh at West Aussies because of the way we bailed out the vfl and then allowed it to be called it the AFL!

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 2054 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• AbrahamErype
  • whatoma
  • ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric