Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

WA Tourism Struggles 5 years 9 months ago #151734

• Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
Another poor return on WA Tourism figures , just a 1% increase in total numbers while Tassie booms, and our total spend has collapsed.

I really have my doubts if it was really that good here anyway, I think the vast majority of visitors came here for work or business and once the boom demand dropped so did the visitors,

I reckon McGowan is dreaming with his plans that Tourism will somehow make up for the loss in mining, to make matters worse Emirates are dropping one daily flight.

Sport can play a roll for sure, event tourism around the stadium should help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WA Tourism Struggles 5 years 9 months ago #151736

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Bazza wrote: Another poor return on WA Tourism figures , just a 1% increase in total numbers while Tassie booms, and our total spend has collapsed.

I really have my doubts if it was really that good here anyway, I think the vast majority of visitors came here for work or business and once the boom demand dropped so did the visitors,

I reckon McGowan is dreaming with his plans that Tourism will somehow make up for the loss in mining, to make matters worse Emirates are dropping one daily flight.

Sport can play a roll for sure, event tourism around the stadium should help.

What the bell tower and betty's jetty not huge tourist attractions?

WA Tourism Struggles 5 years 9 months ago #151739

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
People shouldn't be surprised at that news. The well known problems and issues need acting upon. Otherwise it will only turn into another talk-fest of inaction.

WA Tourism Struggles 5 years 9 months ago #151740

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
No but when you combine them with other Barnett legacies such as the new stadium, Yagan Square, the Museum currently under construction just to name a few then we're starting to get a few things together.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

WA Tourism Struggles 5 years 9 months ago #151742

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358
So Colin's Big Town attractions are a flop. Must be something wrong with the figures. I thought that was going to drag Perth out of the small town tag and in with the big boys. Colin's Canal is just another place to go and get pissed. I just took a walk over the Matagurup Bridge and it's more spectacular driving past it when it's lit up at night. It is quite an engineering feat but I can't get my head around banning anything but locals and buses and taxis access to the East Perth side of it on game and event days.

We can no longer brag about our beautiful clean air here because of the obsession with burning off bushland around Perth Hills and the state. It seems to happen all year round these days and casts the most toxic air you can breath all over our city and suburbs. It's got to be worse for our lungs than breathing in second hand smoke from a smoker and exhaust emissions.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

WA Tourism Struggles 5 years 9 months ago #151750

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
Born and bred in West Oz. Wouldn’t have it any other way.

SIGNED:
Proud to be West Australian
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

WA Tourism Struggles 5 years 9 months ago #151887

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BC wrote: No but when you combine them with other Barnett legacies such as the new stadium, Yagan Square, the Museum currently under construction just to name a few then we're starting to get a few things together.

Agree mate, to be fair most of these projects are far too early to have had any major impact at all on the figures
To criticize EQ is just hopeless stupidity, its clearly still a work in progress with construction still underway on the main hotel and develooments, there is also the indigenous arts centre to be added at some point.
Then there is the stadium which i think is the real jewell in the crown, its allready broken all records attendance wise , and with international events like Chelsea and inter state events like State of Origin , that have to help, whate we really need is a big international meet multi event multi day event to utilise it fully.

Add in the museum as you mention and you have an improved city, but I think we are still always going to play second fiddle to Sydney and Queesland. Geography doesnt help us.
Took a look at the foot bridge , seems a highly complex structure for something that does a very simple task .

WA Tourism Struggles 5 years 9 months ago #151892

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Bazza wrote:

BC wrote: No but when you combine them with other Barnett legacies such as the new stadium, Yagan Square, the Museum currently under construction just to name a few then we're starting to get a few things together.

Agree mate, to be fair most of these projects are far too early to have had any major impact at all on the figures
To criticize EQ is just hopeless stupidity, its clearly still a work in progress with construction still underway on the main hotel and develooments, there is also the indigenous arts centre to be added at some point.
Then there is the stadium which i think is the real jewell in the crown, its allready broken all records attendance wise , and with international events like Chelsea and inter state events like State of Origin , that have to help, whate we really need is a big international meet multi event multi day event to utilise it fully.

Add in the museum as you mention and you have an improved city, but I think we are still always going to play second fiddle to Sydney and Queesland. Geography doesnt help us.
Took a look at the foot bridge , seems a highly complex structure for something that does a very simple task .

Bazza I am sure I don't need to tell you the attendance of the 1979 WAFL GF. To mention that attendance records have been broken is positively quaint given it was a WAFC decision to reduce the capacity of Subiaco Oval. Given that the new stadium has a larger capacity and that the population of Perth has increased dramatically it is beggars belief that you can use the increased attendance as a positive; it is just a natural progression of population and capacity change.

As for the new footbridge; is it undercover or is it like Claremont Oval stand?

WA Tourism Struggles 5 years 9 months ago #151912

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Pull your head out of your backside swan , the stadium has been an outsnading success attendance wise, there is no denying it. The eagles now have one of the highest average attendances in the AFL..if not highest.

WA Tourism Struggles 5 years 9 months ago #151913

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
As for the bridge , Mcgowans half baked finish means its not as good as planned, and as for painting it in Collingwood colours wtf is that all about...looks crsp.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 733 guests and one member online

• Mr AFL

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977