Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

SOO (RL) 5 years 8 months ago #151645

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161

swan42 wrote:

Bazza wrote:

swan42 wrote:

anchorman wrote: The State Of Origin rugby league comes to Perth next season with the second game of the series to be played at Optus.
Do forum members think that the WA public will take this game on board and turn out in droves to see it, or will the stadium be filled with those supporters from NSW and QLD, where the game,RL, that is,is mainly payed?
Will WA ever forgive both rugby codes for the reaming out the state has had from both bodies of the sport.
Will any one on here go?

The Western reds were a victim ofMurdoch.

Over 11,000 to watch the Force and Samoa last Saturday night I believe.

You crack me up...

Did you go alone to the Fake Force Swan given your die hard support,,,nope..says it all really.

Bazza if I were to call you say a "doddering old buffoon" it would not provide any support to my point of view. The fact is that there is significant support of the Western Force in Perth. The fact is that they are supported financially by one of the richest men in Australia.

The State of Origin rugby league matches are some of the highest rating sports on Australian tv.

Thanks for confirming you didn't go,

I repeat the Rugby state of origin has ZERO to do with the State of WESTERN AUSTRALIA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SOO (RL) 5 years 8 months ago #151646

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

swan42 wrote:

Bazza wrote: Could not give a rats arse , its has a total of Zero to do with WA.

Bazza on a par with Australia Day in its relevance to Western Australia then?

At least we are part of AUSTRALIA, Queensland and NSW are not part of WA.

If people are interested in State of Origin in this State they should be lobbying the AFL for the real WA deal and a return of TRUE - AUSTRALIAN RULES - STATE OF ORIGIN , WA v VIC - not this imported rubbish...

SOO (RL) 5 years 8 months ago #151647

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
It has zero to do with the Vics as well and they got 90,000 a few weeks ago.

SOO (RL) 5 years 8 months ago #151648

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BC wrote: It has zero to do with the Vics as well and they got 90,000 a few weeks ago.

hardly surprising given it borders NSW

SOO (RL) 5 years 8 months ago #151649

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BC wrote: according to The Worst over 30,000 tickets sold since they went on-line yesterday...go figure.

Would not surprise me given the huge ex pat NSW and Qld crew here lus Kiwis, but overwhelmingly the novelty value alone would be huge...

What are ticket sales Glory v Chelsea...a dead rubber friendly , slowish I think...

SOO (RL) 5 years 8 months ago #151654

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BC wrote: according to The Worst over 30,000 tickets sold since they went on-line yesterday...go figure.

Hey BC, talking ticket sales and the new stadium, do you reckon the WAFL GF will set the same pace ticket sale wise this year?

SOO (RL) 5 years 8 months ago #151655

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
I reckon that will depend on how they price them. If they're say $20 and sit where you like they might get a half way decent crowd made up of WAFL supporters and others who've been priced out of going to the stadium for other events previously and just want to go for a look.

SOO (RL) 5 years 8 months ago #151658

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BC wrote: I reckon that will depend on how they price them. If they're say $20 and sit where you like they might get a half way decent crowd made up of WAFL supporters and others who've been priced out of going to the stadium for other events previously and just want to go for a look.

Normally $25 General Admission isn't it,,sit where you like,

Decent as in? 12K?

SOO (RL) 5 years 8 months ago #151659

• alahoy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32

Bazza wrote:

BC wrote: It has zero to do with the Vics as well and they got 90,000 a few weeks ago.

hardly surprising given it borders NSW

I would argue that the NRL has made more in-roads into the Aussie Rules states than the AFL has made into the rugby states. And this is with a lack of a team here. NRL tv ratings are up - AFL is falling.

SOO (RL) 5 years 8 months ago #151661

• Jjim
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 132
Like the game or not State of Origin rugby is an event and people will go. I don't particularly follow the game but watch the state of origin on TV because of the passion the teams put in.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 324 guests and 2 members online

• Shark Tragic
  • Bulldog1990

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL