Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

It's over 5 years 8 months ago #150509

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207

Swandog wrote: I reckon the smokey in all this could be $ubiaco aligning with Wet Toast, after all the cash is drying up and they are asking members for donations, plus they can make a seats deal arrangment at Optus if they want to be the Eagles bitches :lol: :whistle: :P

I don't think it's is a far fetched a possibility, although that doesn't have to mean Subiaco. There could be another WAFL club that emerges as an alignment option.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

It's over 5 years 8 months ago #150511

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161

ooollllrrrrrry2 wrote:

Swandog wrote: I reckon the smokey in all this could be $ubiaco aligning with Wet Toast, after all the cash is drying up and they are asking members for donations, plus they can make a seats deal arrangment at Optus if they want to be the Eagles bitches :lol: :whistle: :P

I don't think it's is a far fetched a possibility, although that doesn't have to mean Subiaco. There could be another WAFL club that emerges as an alignment option.

I think that is a possibility ( Subiaco ), make no mistake there will be one or two WAFL boards discussing the matter right now..I think its more likely to be Perth , they are already all set up for it, its almost a lay do lazarre with shared facilities.

If they push for a stand alone team , I reckon that could cause havoc, raiding for extra players etc, what will be their home ground? Lathlain I guess, what about reserves will they have them as well?? gets rid of the bye I guess..with 10 teams ,,

More importantly whats going to happen to the comp payments Wafl clubs are getting on the basis of the alignment with Epfc? No alignment with one mob would mean reduced payments.

Broader picture, is this the first step in a bigger plan, a national reserves, a re modelled Wafl with mergers etc..

lots of unknowns.

It's over 5 years 8 months ago #150532

• Roman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 149
I thought the alignment was all honky dory! by extending it to 2021.

It's over 5 years 8 months ago #150551

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

Roman wrote: I thought the alignment was all honky dory! by extending it to 2021.

If the reaction at half time on saturday from a very senior EP official was anything to go on that is a far from the truth as you can get!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

It's over 5 years 8 months ago #150552

• one time only
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 32
Without mentioning any names Grump, can you expand on that?

It's over 5 years 8 months ago #150553

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

one time only wrote: Without mentioning any names Grump, can you expand on that?

no just trust me that there were few issues that should not have been happening!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

It's over 5 years 8 months ago #150555

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207

Grump wrote:

one time only wrote: Without mentioning any names Grump, can you expand on that?

no just trust me that there were few issues that should not have been happening!

Which suggests that neither East Perth and the weagles will be together next year and will try to expedite the exit.

It's over 5 years 8 months ago #150556

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161

Roman wrote: I thought the alignment was all honky dory! by extending it to 2021.

That was exactly the case a few months ago, which makes me think it is all a bit strange timing wise,

It's over 5 years 8 months ago #150591

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355

ooollllrrrrrry2 wrote:

Grump wrote:

Which suggests that neither East Perth and the weagles will be together next year and will try to expedite the exit.

I think you'll find they will be together for next season. But not the one after.
Another member was saying somewhere 20 months notice needs to be given. And the start of next season is nowhere near that time frame!
If they do pull it off sooner than that, why couldn't they have done it previously?!!

It's over 5 years 8 months ago #150605

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007

westaussieguy wrote:

ooollllrrrrrry2 wrote:

Grump wrote:

I think you'll find they will be together for next season. But not the one after.
Another member was saying somewhere 20 months notice needs to be given. And the start of next season is nowhere near that time frame!
If they do pull it off sooner than that, why couldn't they have done it previously?!!

Apparently if its a mutual agreement then things can happen quickly. Sort of like divorce really.......

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 220 guests and 2 members online

• Mr AFL
  • DD

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes