Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

It's over 5 years 8 months ago #150452

• screemar
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 9
so ep have a couple of million bananas in the bank now. They will be a force, they will pick up players from all over the place in no time. sell your soul for a few years, save the doe. it was a stratagy and good luck to them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

It's over 5 years 8 months ago #150453

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 144
If we went back six years ago and the only two options were continue as it did with the Eagles aligning with East Perth or the Eagles having their own side what would people have preferred?

It's over 5 years 8 months ago #150454

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Mr AFL wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Mr AFL wrote: Good news for East Perth and their supporters.

The question now remains though as to what next. We have seen how the current model has worked over the last six seasons and it's fair to say that pretty much everyone was against it.

While I would love for the WAFL to be left alone and an AFL reserves competition to be formed, the likelihood of this coming into affect wont be until 2020 or 2021 or at least that's the timeline that I have heard.

No one wants to see the Eagles align with Perth or any other WAFL team but there is a very strong chance that they will have an involvement in the WAFL until we know for sure whether or not an AFL reserves competition will be formed.

The best case scenario as I see it without the usual 'just send them over to the VFL' response is that the Eagles would have their own team making it a 10 team competition where each club plays each other twice. There would still be byes but this would mean that the most weeks any club would go between home games is three.

Mr AFL why should we let them have their own team. Let's go back to the situation where the players stay at their original club when drafted and ES players are allocated in a reverse draft. If the Eagles don't like that proposal the players don't play in the WAFL. Simple as that.

They are going to have some involvement whether we like it or not. The WAFL is never going to go back to what it was, just like beer prices are not going to be what they were in the 1970's and 1980's. The latter much to my disappointment :P

We have seen how an alignment model has worked over the last six years and I don't think that any supporter wants to see an alignment with another team. Even a team such as mine who haven't set the world on fire on field over the last 40 years.

I repeat the WAFC cannot unilaterally impose a 10th team on the WAFL clubs. The WAFL clubs have to agree to the 10th team. No club is going to go into a host club alignment with the Eagles and no 10th team.

It's over 5 years 8 months ago #150461

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
That may be the case Swan but as you know the WAFC have done in the past and will probably continue to do in the future what they like.

The Eagles and Dockers put money into the competition and I think if push came to shove and this money was threatened to be taken away then majority of the WAFL clubs would allow them to have their own team with very strict recruiting rules in place.

And it has been spoken about that there could be an AFL reserves team in 2020 or 2021 so it might only be for a season or two anyway.

Last edit: by Mr AFL.

It's over 5 years 8 months ago #150463

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Mr AFL wrote: That may be the case Swan but as you know the WAFC have done in the past and will probably continue to do in the future what they like.

The Eagles and Dockers put money into the competition and I think if push came to shove and this money was threatened to be taken away then majority of the WAFL clubs would allow them to have their own team with very strict recruiting rules in place.

And it has been spoken about that there could be an AFL reserves team in 2020 or 2021 so it might only be for a season or two anyway.

I don't agree with your premise that the Eagles and Freo put money into the WAFL. They pay money to the owners of their licences.

A very simple question: if the Eagles only have 10 players available for this team, where do they get the other players from or do they pay with just 10 players?

It's over 5 years 8 months ago #150466

• Dazzler
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 384

swan42 wrote: A very simple question: if the Eagles only have 10 players available for this team, where do they get the other players from or do they pay with just 10 players?

Hungry Jacks and Bunnings carparks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

It's over 5 years 8 months ago #150470

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Dazzler wrote:

swan42 wrote: A very simple question: if the Eagles only have 10 players available for this team, where do they get the other players from or do they pay with just 10 players?

Hungry Jacks and Bunnings carparks

More likely they will stuff up another competition and raid it for players.

It's over 5 years 8 months ago #150471

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

swan42 wrote:

Mr AFL wrote: That may be the case Swan but as you know the WAFC have done in the past and will probably continue to do in the future what they like.

I don't agree with your premise that the Eagles and Freo put money into the WAFL. They pay money to the owners of their licences.

A very simple question: if the Eagles only have 10 players available for this team, where do they get the other players from or do they pay with just 10 players?

They put money into the WAFC which in turn gets invested into to WAFL. Not all of it does but some of their money does go into the WAFL.

That would be an interesting situation wouldn't it. Each AFL team has 44 players on it or there abouts I think. You would think that 16-18 extra players would be enough for them to be able to have their own reserves side. Some of these players would come from other WAFL sides but they shouldn't be allowed to go and pick 3-4 players from one club which would then totally stuff that club up. I think it would be fair to say they could try and recruit maybe 8-10 players from the amateurs and maybe have a rule where three or four players aged between 18-22 that aren't on your AFL list have to play each week.

Or you could go this way with 6 players from the amateurs, 4 players aged between 18-22, then the other 6-8 players they have to recruit from interstate and find them jobs etc... like the other WAFL clubs.

Last edit: by Mr AFL.

It's over 5 years 8 months ago #150501

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Mr AFL wrote:

swan42 wrote:

They put money into the WAFC which in turn gets invested into to WAFL. Not all of it does but some of their money does go into the WAFL.

That would be an interesting situation wouldn't it. Each AFL team has 44 players on it or there abouts I think. You would think that 16-18 extra players would be enough for them to be able to have their own reserves side. Some of these players would come from other WAFL sides but they shouldn't be allowed to go and pick 3-4 players from one club which would then totally stuff that club up. I think it would be fair to say they could try and recruit maybe 8-10 players from the amateurs and maybe have a rule where three or four players aged between 18-22 that aren't on your AFL list have to play each week.

Or you could go this way with 6 players from the amateurs, 4 players aged between 18-22, then the other 6-8 players they have to recruit from interstate and find them jobs etc... like the other WAFL clubs.

Neither the Eagles nor the Dockers own the AFL licences to the two WA domiciled AFL teams.

It's over 5 years 8 months ago #150507

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386
I reckon the smokey in all this could be $ubiaco aligning with Wet Toast, after all the cash is drying up and they are asking members for donations, plus they can make a seats deal arrangment at Optus if they want to be the Eagles bitches :lol: :whistle: :P
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 348 guests and 2 members online

• westaussieguy
  • Ted Nugent

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977