Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

It's over 5 years 9 months ago #150417

• One Eyed Royal
  • One Eyed Royal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5
There is a god....the alignment is over......and I don't care if we run last for the next 10 years:) :) :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

It's over 5 years 9 months ago #150420

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Be careful what you wish for. lol
Good news and good luck for your Club even though I hate it.

Now it is up to the WAFC to come up with rules that are fair to everybody.
Yeah right !!!

Also time for some decent fixturing again a pipe dream knowing the WAFL clowns.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Last edit: by Demons Forever.

It's over 5 years 9 months ago #150423

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Demons Forever wrote: Be careful what you wish for. lol
Good news and good luck for your Club even though I hate it.

Now it is up to the WAFC to come up with rules that are fair to everybody.
Yeah right !!!

Also time for some decent fixturing again a pipe dream knowing the WAFL clowns.

See link: www.wafootball.com.au/news/15085/east-pe...ment-with-west-coast

If anyone believes that G Taylor will give a scintilla of consideration about doing the right thing to ensure the WAFL clubs and competition viability I have a coat hanger and a rock at bargain prices for sale. All proceeds to go to the save the WAFL fund.

Now the WAFL clubs can veto any additional club wanting to enter the WAFL. It will be incumbent on all club members to ensure that each club votes against another club entering the WAFL.

It's over 5 years 9 months ago #150427

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
Good news for East Perth and their supporters.

The question now remains though as to what next. We have seen how the current model has worked over the last six seasons and it's fair to say that pretty much everyone was against it.

While I would love for the WAFL to be left alone and an AFL reserves competition to be formed, the likelihood of this coming into affect wont be until 2020 or 2021 or at least that's the timeline that I have heard.

No one wants to see the Eagles align with Perth or any other WAFL team but there is a very strong chance that they will have an involvement in the WAFL until we know for sure whether or not an AFL reserves competition will be formed.

The best case scenario as I see it without the usual 'just send them over to the VFL' response is that the Eagles would have their own team making it a 10 team competition where each club plays each other twice. There would still be byes but this would mean that the most weeks any club would go between home games is three.

Last edit: by Mr AFL.

It's over 5 years 9 months ago #150430

• ooollllrrrrrry2
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 207
Have Perth voted at their meeting yet?

It's over 5 years 9 months ago #150432

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Mr AFL wrote: Good news for East Perth and their supporters.

The question now remains though as to what next. We have seen how the current model has worked over the last six seasons and it's fair to say that pretty much everyone was against it.

While I would love for the WAFL to be left alone and an AFL reserves competition to be formed, the likelihood of this coming into affect wont be until 2020 or 2021 or at least that's the timeline that I have heard.

No one wants to see the Eagles align with Perth or any other WAFL team but there is a very strong chance that they will have an involvement in the WAFL until we know for sure whether or not an AFL reserves competition will be formed.

The best case scenario as I see it without the usual 'just send them over to the VFL' response is that the Eagles would have their own team making it a 10 team competition where each club plays each other twice. There would still be byes but this would mean that the most weeks any club would go between home games is three.

Mr AFL why should we let them have their own team. Let's go back to the situation where the players stay at their original club when drafted and ES players are allocated in a reverse draft. If the Eagles don't like that proposal the players don't play in the WAFL. Simple as that.

It's over 5 years 9 months ago #150433

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357

One Eyed Royal wrote: There is a god....the alignment is over......and I don't care if we run last for the next 10 years:) :) :)

Well, I hope that news is correct OER. They could have given the shit of a thing the flick before but apparently there wasn't ""enough time"" to complete the paperwork!
However we were all told (not long ago) the alignment is in place until 2021 / or 12 months notice needs to be given. Given the fact we've been told of 12 months notice, sad to say it's here for the 2019 season, sadly!
It's going to be a bit of a mess I'm afraid! How is another club going to enter the Wafl?
There are too many unanswered questions here.
If you are correct it's going to be interesting watching this story unfold.

It's over 5 years 9 months ago #150440

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

One Eyed Royal wrote: There is a god....the alignment is over......and I don't care if we run last for the next 10 years:) :) :)

That’s good news if it comes off. Now I can go back to hating ep for the right reasons.
Wouldn’t worry about the next 10 years though. They’ll have enough do re me to buy flags - sound familiar?
The Eagles should be allowed to enter their own WAFL club. So should Freo. Let’s see how the SuperCoach goes when he has to work for a flag.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

It's over 5 years 9 months ago #150446

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
Well that's certainly thrown a cat among the pigeons...
As someone else has stated there add more un answered questions than anything

1 where does this leave the compensation payments Wafl clubs are currently getting ? What will EPFC get if anything going forward ?
2 are things falling into place for the lathlain ground share and Perth to take up the alignment
3 according to the ch 9 report tonight WCE preference is for a stand alone team
???

It's over 5 years 9 months ago #150449

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145

swan42 wrote:

Mr AFL wrote: Good news for East Perth and their supporters.

Mr AFL why should we let them have their own team. Let's go back to the situation where the players stay at their original club when drafted and ES players are allocated in a reverse draft. If the Eagles don't like that proposal the players don't play in the WAFL. Simple as that.

They are going to have some involvement whether we like it or not. The WAFL is never going to go back to what it was, just like beer prices are not going to be what they were in the 1970's and 1980's. The latter much to my disappointment :P

We have seen how an alignment model has worked over the last six years and I don't think that any supporter wants to see an alignment with another team. Even a team such as mine who haven't set the world on fire on field over the last 40 years.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 239 guests and 6 members online

• swansfan4life
  • Success Hill
  • one time only
  • Ted Nugent

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes