Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Internet Streaming,Optus TV and the Future 5 years 9 months ago #149532

• Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
Why is this happening?

It appears we are going backwards in terms of reliable broadcasting.

I have had Optus ever since they took over the EPL, and its never been right, inf act most of the time its been hopeless, buffering, stopping, terrible picture quality.

The World Cup has been the same.

About 4 weeks ago my Fetch TV stopped working altogether and after 3 weeks of unresolved calls to India, they sent me a new Box, this also has failed to work, in the meantime on the weekend I spent most the time trying to log on and get the app going, finally Sunday I got it going on my tablet...picture quality was not great but it did play with buffering.

What I cannot work out is why we are moving to this streaming content of sport when its totally inferior to Digital TV via Antennae or Cable/Satellite TV??? If this is the future then its not looking that flash.

Use Digital TV for major events.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Internet Streaming,Optus TV and the Future 5 years 9 months ago #149539

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355
Doesn't say very much for our ""supposedly"" modern day and age! Does it?

Internet Streaming,Optus TV and the Future 5 years 9 months ago #149548

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
Ah the decisions made in Canberra and by big business, they effect us all and we have little say in them. The democratic process is really just a license to tell what to do and how but it is better than other places.

As for the ABC, this is an argument that I find quite funny. Those on the right have an opinion that pillaries it and those on the left wring their collective hands in anguish that it doesn't do enough! Then there are those who want them to spend more on local productions and less on imported stuff but where is all the british stuff.

For what it worth my opinion is that if you are the slightest bit right then the ABC will always be left but only left of your opinions, in reality it is middle of the road but needs to clean up some of its programming. It should not try to be controversial in an outlandish manner ( the chaser was at times to much) but programmes like Utopia are very funny and very australian. Their news is not what all want but then if you use it as a balance to the commercial stations that insist on having dog or cat stories as their big headlines it will work. The other channels for kids and teens work quite well for my grand kids and so I think their fine.

Like most things it can do better but it is ok by me cos if I don't like it I switch stations or channels!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Internet Streaming,Optus TV and the Future 5 years 9 months ago #149552

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872
Amazing to think that nearly 50 years ago the supposed landing of the man on the moon was broadcast clearly across the world and yet 50 years later you cant even live stream sport without interference and disruption...so much for progress!

Internet Streaming,Optus TV and the Future 5 years 9 months ago #149554

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

westaussieguy wrote: Doesn't say very much for our ""supposedly"" modern day and age! Does it?

Eaxctly we are going backwards

Internet Streaming,Optus TV and the Future 5 years 9 months ago #149555

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Beasley Hutton wrote: Amazing to think that nearly 50 years ago the supposed landing of the man on the moon was broadcast clearly across the world and yet 50 years later you cant even live stream sport without interference and disruption...so much for progress!

Yep, my point exactly , we could broadcast from the moon via Satellite to a Antennae on Analogue Black and White TV, no cables, no disruption and all free.

Internet Streaming,Optus TV and the Future 5 years 9 months ago #149563

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1350
SBS is taking over the broadcast for the next 48 hours until Optus sort it out. Apparently they are waiting for Uber to deliver a new modem.
Get on your bike.

Internet Streaming,Optus TV and the Future 5 years 9 months ago #149567

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327
Looks like Australia's 3 rd world data will continue for some time to come.Fair to say both major political party's in power have made a horrible mess of this.With a 60 billion dollar bill and not to much to show for that massive amount of money.
Funny story last year in my local area.Water Corp dug up the road and worked in the trench's for weeks.Asked one of the workers if they where doing NBN.He looked at me strangely and said no.A week later after WC had finished the NBN came through. And dug up the same newly relaid roads.hmmm.

Internet Streaming,Optus TV and the Future 5 years 9 months ago #149579

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
I find it hilarious Mr Turnbull being all pompous and huffy at Optus when the connection issues are just a symptom of his governments crap NBN which has seen Australias data speeds fall below some 3rd world countries. I was surprised how much faster the internet was in Vietnam when I was there on holiday earlier this year.

Last edit: by mikeh.

Internet Streaming,Optus TV and the Future 5 years 9 months ago #149582

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355

mikeh wrote: I find it hilarious Mr Turnbull being all pompous and huffy at Optus when the connection issues are just a symptom of his governments crap NBN which has seen Australias data speeds fall below some 3rd world countries. I was surprised how much faster the internet was in Vietnam when I was there on holiday earlier this year.

Don't mean to get off topic.
Is that the same Mr Turnbull that enjoys the NBN the way it was meant to be at Point Piper & Kirribilli house by enjoying the 100 Mbps download speeds and the 40 Mbps upload speeds. Enjoying the same speeds he said ordinary citizens would have no use for! And obviously are not getting.
And even old Abbot said a download speed of only 25Mbps will be "more than enough" for the average Australian household.
And of course old Malcolm can just relax in the knowledge the taxpayers are picking up the bill for each of the higher speed tier NBN plans, at $120 per month for Point Piper, and $95 per month for Kirribilli House.
And he cannot deny it, because the newspaper article gives a good description.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 459 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL