Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

2018 World Cup 5 years 10 months ago #149514

• Ti Em
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 250

gtrxuone wrote:

westaussieguy wrote: A great effort by the Socceroos. Certainly had a good try. They had some bad luck with Frances lobbed goal when the ball landed just behind the goal line after the ball hit the top post. Damn it!
The Socceroos next play Denmark. Fairly certain the Danes did not play in the last tournament, so they will be a difficult opponent I'd imagine

Wag the Danes qualified no 2 behind Poland.Other teams in that group where Montenegro, Armenia+ Romania. Pretty sure Australia probably would of also finished 2nd if we where in that group.so maby a 50/50 game. There a few Danes playing EPL

I am not so convinced the Socceroos would have finished 2nd in UEFA group E and if they did would still have had to get past the Republic of Ireland in a play off. I cannot see the Socceroos beating Denmark or Peru.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal, gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2018 World Cup 5 years 10 months ago #149542

• westaussieguy
  • westaussieguy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
Did not see last nights result coming. Germany just didn't seem to be able to get their running game going. I think the Germans had some 20 to 25 Shots on goal and couldn't score. The Mexicans seemed methodical with their 1 - nil Win. Apparently it's only the 2nd time Mexico has ever beaten Germany.

2018 World Cup 5 years 10 months ago #149547

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

westaussieguy wrote: A great effort by the Socceroos. Certainly had a good try. They had some bad luck with Frances lobbed goal when the ball landed just behind the goal line after the ball hit the top post. Damn it!
The Socceroos next play Denmark. Fairly certain the Danes did not play in the last tournament, so they will be a difficult opponent I'd imagine

Yep, not bad at all I guess, a point would of been ideal, the game style will be diffferent v Denmark , more open and attacking which will leave us open a bit. Peru looked pretty good but went down. I reckon a win is possibble.

2018 World Cup 5 years 10 months ago #149591

• Ti Em
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Bazza wrote:

Yep, not bad at all I guess, a point would of been ideal, the game style will be diffferent v Denmark , more open and attacking which will leave us open a bit. Peru looked pretty good but went down. I reckon a win is possibble.

Peru's speed will trouble us.

2018 World Cup 5 years 10 months ago #149594

• Cesspit
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 119

Ti Em wrote: Teams starting with P to do well. Portugal, Peru and my side other side Polska. I expect Robert "The Machine" Lewandowski to explode and Harry Kane to flop massively.

Good start by Harry.

2018 World Cup 5 years 10 months ago #149596

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Cesspit wrote:

Ti Em wrote: Teams starting with P to do well. Portugal, Peru and my side other side Polska. I expect Robert "The Machine" Lewandowski to explode and Harry Kane to flop massively.

Good start by Harry.

Yep the English are on their way , Panama - next really they should have their next round booked early...

Young side , seems pretty open at this stage, Germany are already a game down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

2018 World Cup 5 years 10 months ago #149601

• Ti Em
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Cesspit wrote:

Good start by Harry.

Yep so much for my theory - shame Tunisia could not hold on for the draw. Penalty looked dubious though so I should'nt grumble too much.

2018 World Cup 5 years 10 months ago #149603

• westaussieguy
  • westaussieguy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
Belarus looked better the longer the match went and ended up winning 3 - nil. The Canal men had a good first half but then seemed to fall away after the long break. Panama finished the match with apparently having only 38% of the Ball possessions.
The England=Tunisia game would have good to see but was on tv far too late. Belgium and England sit on top of their group table.

2018 World Cup 5 years 10 months ago #149607

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

westaussieguy wrote: Belarus looked better the longer the match went and ended up winning 3 - nil. The Canal men had a good first half but then seemed to fall away after the long break. Panama finished the match with apparently having only 38% of the Ball possessions.
The England=Tunisia game would have good to see but was on tv far too late. Belgium and England sit on top of their group table.

That win really is a gate win point for England a thumping win v Panama and I would say they are through , then its just Belgium and a draw and its done.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

2018 World Cup 5 years 10 months ago #149613

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
Moment of truth coming for the Aussies. They really have to get a result against Denmark to keep their destiny in their own hands. Maybe its time to roll out the corner flag puncher to see if he can join the likes of Pele in having scored a goal in 4 world cups.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 917 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977