Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New Hebredies 5 years 11 months ago #145449

• ArkRoyal
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
Looks like the Chinese Communists are coming after all dun it? Mind you, I won't be holding my breathe for some people on here, Paul Keating, Ross Cameron, among others, to want to do something about it -- they can only smell two things: money and fear.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New Hebredies 5 years 11 months ago #145451

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327

ArkRoyal wrote: Looks like the Chinese Communists are coming after all dun it? Mind you, I won't be holding my breathe for some people on here, Paul Keating, Ross Cameron, among others, to want to do something about it -- they can only smell two things: money and fear.

So Ark they want to build a Naval Base in the middle of the Pacific.Been reading a bit of stuff about the Chinese today.They get technology by stealing it off company's out side of China.Mostly the USA.Germany and Japan.
They have also said today they will look at how foreign company's invest in China.And also said there looking at dropping Tariffs on Imported cars to China.They will all be driving F-150 Ute's or riding Harley Davidson's.They want a fight POTUS Trump will give them one.In 2017 the trade deficit between the US and China was 375 Billion Dollars.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Last edit: by gtrxuone.

New Hebredies 5 years 11 months ago #145455

• ArkRoyal
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
gtr: All true

Worringly, I heard the NZ PM refer to the matter as an issue between sovereign states. Does she seriously believe, that, even our weak kneed lot in Canberra would allow China to build such a base in PNG?

China seeks to do three things,

re-take Taiwan by war if necessary
become the regional hegemon
expel the US navy from the Western Pacific
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

New Hebredies 5 years 11 months ago #145462

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115

ArkRoyal wrote: gtr: All true

Worringly, I heard the NZ PM refer to the matter as an issue between sovereign states. Does she seriously believe, that, even our weak kneed lot in Canberra would allow China to build such a base in PNG?

I’ve spent time in PNG and the Chinese are doing plenty there. But don’t stress, life will continue

New Hebredies 5 years 11 months ago #145463

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115

ArkRoyal wrote: gtr: All true

For

What gives us he US navy the right to be there? Seems a long way from the USA?

New Hebredies 5 years 11 months ago #145466

• ArkRoyal
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Singha: the Americans are in the Pacific because, other nations, including Japan, South Korea and the entire SE Asian region want them to be. They, the Americans, have, if you like, an empire by invitation.

New Hebredies 5 years 11 months ago #145472

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
Apart from having territory in the Pacific, Hawaii, and other islands the USA also happen to be the allies of us and every other liberal democracy in the region.

The US has been the dominant force in the Pacific since 1945, during that time the area has experienced relative peace and amazing prosperity, Japan, South Korea Taiwan and we have prospered. Their naval forces have provided the security for free sea lanes that enable our trade and others.

Its unfathomable someone in Australia would actually think the Chinese militarising Vanuatu was not a problem.

Should it happen, the dereliction by successive NZ governments in terms of defence would really come home to roost, no doubt they are busily running around making phone calls trying to find friends that will help them if the Chinese start doing what they want next door.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal, gtrxuone

Last edit: by Bazza.

New Hebredies 5 years 11 months ago #145485

• ArkRoyal
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Bazza -- correct

New Hebredies 5 years 11 months ago #145537

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161

ArkRoyal wrote: Bazza -- correct

Consider this, there is a fair bit of information suggesting East Timor will allow them to have a base there as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

New Hebredies 5 years 11 months ago #145563

• ArkRoyal
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
the sad thing is Baz, that by doing so, they will make themselves a target if there is ever a war with Peking.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 428 guests and one member online

• Froggy

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020