Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Smith, Warner, Bancroft BANNED 6 years 20 hours ago #144625

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351
Smith and Warner banned for 12 months and Bancroft got 9 months. That sends a big message. I think this was a culmination and tipping point of bad behaviour, bad team culture and all under Lehman's watch. He should step down immediately.
Get on your bike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal, gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Smith, Warner, Bancroft BANNED 6 years 20 hours ago #144627

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
DD: yes, 'pretty please' in relation to Lehmann leavinng, pretty please? Australian Cricket Board.
The following user(s) said Thank You: UNKA2, gtrxuone

Smith, Warner, Bancroft BANNED 6 years 16 hours ago #144662

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355
..Have heard Smith and Warner will also be required to perform unpaid community service during the suspension period. That won't go down very well with either of them!
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Smith, Warner, Bancroft BANNED 5 years 11 months ago #144808

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10
interesting just heard on ABC radio.. Forgive me I was listening to a WAFL football game. Subi v EP  Sutherland NSW grade side has said they would welcome Steve Smith back into the side. Can anyone tell me if Steve will be able to play Sheffield shield as that would be interesting. I assume Smith from what I heard he is only banned from playing for Australia? Does this mean he could play Sheffield Shield? That would be good for the Shield competition. I would love to have Bancroft back in the WACA Shield side.
Can anyone clarify if this is the case? Yes I know lots of questions but it would certainly help the banned players if they could play at Grade cricket and Shield cricket for their state.
I suppose Big Bash could be added to the equation as a player is not representing Australia if that is the case with the Ban
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head

Last edit: by Cardy.

Smith, Warner, Bancroft BANNED 5 years 11 months ago #144810

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327

Cardy wrote: interesting just heard on ABC radio.. Forgive me I was listening to a WAFL football game. Subi v EP  Sutherland NSW grade side has said they would welcome Steve Smith back into the side. Can anyone tell me if Steve will be able to play Sheffield shield as that would be interesting. I assume Smith from what I heard he is only banned from playing for Australia? Does this mean he could play Sheffield Shield? That would be good for the Shield competition. I would love to have Bancroft back in the WACA Shield side.
Can anyone clarify if this is the case? Yes I know lots of questions but it would certainly help the banned players if they could play at Grade cricket and Shield cricket for their state.
I suppose Big Bash could be added to the equation as a player is not representing Australia if that is the case with the Ban

Cardy the story seems to change everyday.A few days back it was a total ban from all Cricket. Like the suspension you get in the racing industry. Then I heard ysrda arvo that the Waca was trying to apply on Bancroft's behalf.So he could play for his club side Willeton I think.But as it stands its a total ban from all cricket.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cardy

Smith, Warner, Bancroft BANNED 5 years 11 months ago #144811

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351
They can play grade cricket but not Sheffield Shield.
Get on your bike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cardy, UNKA2, gtrxuone

Smith, Warner, Bancroft BANNED 5 years 11 months ago #144812

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 373
Am I the only one on watching Smith’s teary presser left thinking that his tears were a bit of a sideshow?

Smith, Warner, Bancroft BANNED 5 years 11 months ago #144813

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327

Dirty Weekender wrote: Am I the only one on watching Smith’s teary presser left thinking that his tears were a bit of a sideshow?

DW the British Press have not missed him.One of there newspapers front page was CRY BABY.Even the New York Times had a cheap shot at Smudger.

Last edit: by gtrxuone.

Smith, Warner, Bancroft BANNED 5 years 11 months ago #144814

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Thanks guys.. It is something that wasnt made clear and heard the bit about Smith and got me thinking.
The whole thing has been a circus thanks to the media.. A lot of points have been left out conveniently,
Listing to 2GB last night and all the callers were ringing saying pissed off with Warner because he didnt front the press... Until the announcer said Warner did not return with Bancroft and Smith and was on a later flight. We had the false news from the UK just after it just happened that Lehman was aware of the lot and had resigned.. from the announcer he said the journalist was a "Reputable cricket reporter of note"
Turns out it was all crap. Ok he is resigning after the current test but the media jumped onto the Pom reporters report and reported it as fact.

I have my views on the whole debacle and blame a lot of the Hype from the piss poor Australian media who have gone to shit over the last few years. I did put a post on another site in regards to my views. I know I will get some abuse from a few e.g Guilty Hang them... but surprise I had 50 likes on the post and they had none. Here is my post here. Might as well see if any agree with my views. Whilst I respect your right to your opinion It doesnt mean I have to agree with it. :) :)

My views
Sutherland (CEO of the Cricket Australia) has been caught up in the media hype with his penalties. Lets look at the ICC penalties put on the players.. Smith got a 1 match suspension and Bancroft got a fine and 3 demerit points. Thats off the world governing authority of Cricket. It must be classed as "alleged ball tampering" as when the umpires inspected the ball there was NO damage to the ball and the ball was used for the remainder of the overs.The Australian cricket board under Sutherland took the punishments to the exreme considering the above. No double jeopardy rules came into play e.g what the ICC punishment was was not considered sufficient. The Australian Cricket Board took it to the extreme with their penalties.Talk about Mass Hysteria in the Australian media considering the actual offence and the Australian Cricket Board.Our country was renown for giving people a fair go but due to the present Media we have in this country this does not apply. It is just headline cheating by the media that has bought about the punishments given out. We only have to look at recent events in the case of Barnaby Joyce and so many other minor issues that the media controlled.I suggest if the ACB wants to take it to the top they themselves resign for not doing their job in the first place in controlling the Australian Cricket team who have in the last few years have been stepping over the line. Even our DUD PM got involved and that is a worry as he talks shit.
The statements he made about sledging floored me. Has anyone here listened to Question time in parliament? All they do is sledge each other every day and achieve nothing. Turnbull is a oxygen thief.
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Smith, Warner, Bancroft BANNED 5 years 11 months ago #144816

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355

DD wrote: They can play grade cricket but not Sheffield Shield.

That is my understanding of it too.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 538 guests and 2 members online

• Time For a Flag
  • Swedgen

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes