Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Optus Stadium - 5000 empty seats??? 6 years 2 days ago #144530

• Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161

UNKA2 wrote: On another tack, i went online to buy some ticks for eags v cats.( didnt want to risk not being able to walk up on the day etc) Mainly to take me 5 year old grandson, as well as me daughter. So adults tickets ( with unrestricted view, well who wants restricted view tickets anyway) were $100 each, and $60 for a 5 year old kid. It was a once off for me, but at $260 never again

Fark!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Optus Stadium - 5000 empty seats??? 6 years 2 days ago #144531

• Ti Em
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 250
On Saturday I had a look at how much a ticket to the Eagles v Swans match would cost and the cheapest adult full price were $100. Not surprised there was thousands of empty seats.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Optus Stadium - 5000 empty seats??? 6 years 2 days ago #144532

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836

Bazza wrote:

UNKA2 wrote: On another tack, i went online to buy some ticks for eags v cats.( didnt want to risk not being able to walk up on the day etc) Mainly to take me 5 year old grandson, as well as me daughter. So adults tickets ( with unrestricted view, well who wants restricted view tickets anyway) were $100 each, and $60 for a 5 year old kid. It was a once off for me, but at $260 never again

Fark!

brilliant stadium but what an absolute disgrace, you'd pay less that half that in Melbourne. Maybe why they didn't go to 70k, allows them to price gouge the poor old punters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Optus Stadium - 5000 empty seats??? 6 years 2 days ago #144534

• Roman
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 149

ArkRoyal wrote: anch -- your right -- but I promise you that if the crowds drop off in the middle of winter, Langdon will start going on about it on the radio.

And when teams keep losing and cannot make the Top 8 in the second half of the season. You just wait and see.
The stadium will be half full and it will look empty. Fans are fickle!

Optus Stadium - 5000 empty seats??? 6 years 2 days ago #144535

• Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161

Roman wrote:

ArkRoyal wrote: anch -- your right -- but I promise you that if the crowds drop off in the middle of winter, Langdon will start going on about it on the radio.

And when teams keep losing and cannot make the Top 8 in the second half of the season. You just wait and see.
The stadium will be half full and it will look empty. Fans are fickle!

Have to agree Roman that will happen, plus being there Sunday what stands out to me is how many older crew are members, and the hassle of public transport with a losing team will soon fall into the too hard basket.

Optus Stadium - 5000 empty seats??? 6 years 1 day ago #144569

• The Major
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18

Senior Seagull wrote:

Bazza wrote:

Fark!

brilliant stadium but what an absolute disgrace, you'd pay less that half that in Melbourne. Maybe why they didn't go to 70k, allows them to price gouge the poor old punters.

Just purchased tickets to 4 Melbourne games for a trip across for round 3 - Cheapest $50 most expensive $60.
All reasonably good seats level two behind the goals in most cases.

Last edit: by The Major.

Optus Stadium - 5000 empty seats??? 6 years 1 day ago #144597

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355

And what makes me really, really angry is the next ""big"" news story we'll have to sit through being how the new stadium isn't full all the time!! The media will be """reporting""" how it's losing money and running at a loss etcetra etcetera.
And all the stupid plonkers will all sit there and wonder why!!!

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 342 guests and one member online

• Swedgen

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes