Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Optus Stadium - 5000 empty seats??? 6 years 1 month ago #144507

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
All the comments above have a good grain of truth in them, but I am still waitting for someone to tell me when we will fill it on a regular basis.

The first two days of an Ashes test?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Optus Stadium - 5000 empty seats??? 6 years 1 month ago #144508

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2876

ArkRoyal wrote: All the comments above have a good grain of truth in them, but I am still waitting for someone to tell me when we will fill it on a regular basis.

The first two days of an Ashes test?

They have had 6 events at the Perth Stadium so far and only the rugby and aflw didn’t draw at least 53,000.
The mcg is only full for 1 event a year.
Have you attended our magnificent new world class Stadium as yet AR?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Optus Stadium - 5000 empty seats??? 6 years 1 month ago #144509

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2021
They will be relying on the AFL games mainly this year AR, although Chelsea FC will be playing there in July. Taylor Swift will have the entire teenage population of Perth there in October and I believe there is a State of Origin Rugby league match and a Bledislowe cup game mooted for 2019. Test V India next summer and one day internationals, as well as all the Scorchers games. Perth will also host some games in the 20/20 world cricket cup in 2020. The capacity is now there to attract these big events that was not there before. Dare we say there could be the possibility of an AFL grand final there one day or is that too fanciful given the 60000 capacity?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, ArkRoyal

Last edit: by mikeh.

Optus Stadium - 5000 empty seats??? 6 years 1 month ago #144517

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
mh: thanks sir a good post -- I totally forgot about the scorchers and international events
bh: I am glad you have the stadium for all the regular sport devotees. It looks really good, but we must not refer to it as a smaller MCG as Slater called it

I won't visit it for lots of reasons, sportting as well as personal which I won't bore you with on here. For me, all the positive comments on here have led me to conclude that Barnett did the right thing.

Optus Stadium - 5000 empty seats??? 6 years 1 month ago #144519

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
anch -- your right -- but I promise you that if the crowds drop off in the middle of winter, Langdon will start going on about it on the radio.

Optus Stadium - 5000 empty seats??? 6 years 1 month ago #144522

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
5000 empty seats, eh!!
That's just bloody shockin'. Wonder who is brewing up this storm in their teacup?

Optus Stadium - 5000 empty seats??? 6 years 1 month ago #144525

• Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

Mr AFL wrote: Not all members rock up. That happens at all stadiums.

Also isn’t there roughly 10000 seats give or take, left over for tourism packages, corporate packages etc that have nothing to do with either the Eagles or Dockers.

Maybe when saying it’s a sellout they take into account that these seats are already allocated.

That's not what happened at all.

Obviously there was a stuff up, and yep, the eagles have come out and admitted there was , turns out 1 in 10 tickets were never sold and were not put back up for resale , as off Friday they were still coming up as sold. Including about 2 entire blocks.

As reported last night on the news the sports minster was not happy with it.

Optus Stadium - 5000 empty seats??? 6 years 1 month ago #144526

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

58shark wrote: What a load of fkn shit this topic is. You all whinge about Subi oval, then when we get a stadium that is world class, it's too big, it's too small its this, its that....ffs you just can't please some people. This stadium will be everything we need as time goes by, but you'll still find something to whinge about. Don't forget, if it wasn't for those evil West Aussie AFL clubs, this stadium would never have been built, and you'd still be whinging about Subi oval. Go figure!!

Pull your head in

If its a shit subject why was the Minister of Sport asking the exact same question as me...

Why were the WA public locked out to the tune of 7000 people of a game purported to be a full house and SHOULD of been, to get less than the cricket in what should of been a full house on AFL Game 1 was a total failure in the Ticketing system..

Get this clear , I am a 100% supporter of the new stadium , I just don't want to see it empty due to ticketing stuff ups, which the eagles have now admitted they made.

Optus Stadium - 5000 empty seats??? 6 years 1 month ago #144527

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

ArkRoyal wrote: The thing is, lads and lasses, Burswood is far too big for Perth -- there is just not the support for the AFL in this town. Something, in fact, which will become increasinglly apparent mid-season, particularly if both clubs have poor results.

I dont think its too big at all, I think 60,000 is ideal, some insisted 70,000 was needed but nope, 60K is fine for us, the complex is excellent and Ive been lucky to attend two events, the ODI and Eagles v Swans, catering and bar service is excellent, although I must the say the organisation at the ODI was a lot better than the AFL, in terms of stewarts directing people to seats and signage was better as well, no idea why they changed that.

I do agree however that the crowds will drop this year, I think the dockers might feel this the most, they seem to be having trouble selling members packages, the eagles on the other side have a massive wait list, so walk up will be the key for the dockers and in winter and given a lot of Sunday games I reckon they will drop a bit without a good season and that doesn't look promising.

In terms of transport , I trained it from the western suburbs , seat all the way up , but they still need to tweak things a bit to make it clear whats direct and whats not to the stadium as there is mass confusion once you get to Perth as to to get off or stay on, some announcements on the train or the stations are needed, on the shuttle service, why would you stop at Claisbrook and Mc Iver when there is isnt enough room to slip a cigarette paper in?

Going home there was a bit of a hold up at the station about 30 minutes but in the end got out of there OK, direct home, seat all the way...no worries.

No doubt about it, Subi was rooted and should of been gone 10 years ago.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

Last edit: by Bazza.

Optus Stadium - 5000 empty seats??? 6 years 1 month ago #144529

• UNKA2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 116
On another tack, i went online to buy some ticks for eags v cats.( didnt want to risk not being able to walk up on the day etc) Mainly to take me 5 year old grandson, as well as me daughter. So adults tickets ( with unrestricted view, well who wants restricted view tickets anyway) were $100 each, and $60 for a 5 year old kid. It was a once off for me, but at $260 never again

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 274 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog
  • FremantlesFinest