Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

The PC brigade 6 years 6 months ago #137289

• 58shark
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
BC made a comment on the new changes thread "I don't know about new changes but the sheilas being shown on the dating site advertisements are a distraction that's for sure. B) " Reminded me of a Paul Murray Live segment I watched last week. The PC brigade have very quietly hinted that the word "sheila" is a derogatory term. Even one of his panel agreed. FMD where the bloody hell are we heading with this shit??? They've been sheilas since Adam was a boy - and not one whinge about it!
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The PC brigade 6 years 6 months ago #137290

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
agree 58...it's bullshit. I recall when Gillard was PM around the time she made her speech giving it to Abbott for being a sexist and misogynist, Christopher Pyne stood up in parliament and made the same point about PC. He said it was fast approaching when you couldn't use the term bloke anymore to which one of the Labor backbenchers shouted out "sit down you sheila !!!". It was pretty funny at the time but it does go to show how ridiculous the whole thing has become.

Last edit: by BC.

The PC brigade 6 years 6 months ago #137296

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

BC wrote: agree 58...it's bullshit. I recall when Gillard was PM around the time she made her speech giving it to Abbott for being a sexist and misogynist, Christopher Pyne stood up in parliament and made the same point about PC. He said it was fast approaching when you couldn't use the term bloke anymore to which one of the Labor backbenchers shouted out "sit down you sheila !!!". It was pretty funny at the time but it does go to show how ridiculous the whole thing has become.

And that's why Im voting no to SSM , because all the same crew of cretins behind all this bs are the ones behind ssm.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

The PC brigade 6 years 5 months ago #137340

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I see they want to change the name of the Peel region because Thomas Peel was involved in the Pinjarra massacre...they may as well change Fremantle too as Captain Fremantle wasn't squeaky clean in his treatment of the original inhabitants either.

The PC brigade 6 years 5 months ago #137345

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329

Bazza wrote:

BC wrote: agree 58...it's bullshit. I recall when Gillard was PM around the time she made her speech giving it to Abbott for being a sexist and misogynist, Christopher Pyne stood up in parliament and made the same point about PC. He said it was fast approaching when you couldn't use the term bloke anymore to which one of the Labor backbenchers shouted out "sit down you sheila !!!". It was pretty funny at the time but it does go to show how ridiculous the whole thing has become.

And that's why Im voting no to SSM , because all the same crew of cretins behind all this bs are the ones behind ssm.

Agree Baz and there also trying to re-wright history at all levels.What really annoys me is they think there single vote is more important than yours or mine.They have all gone Troppo the last year since President Trump won.
Look at the last week's Austria and the Chezue Republic elected Trump type leaders.Last week the EU stopped Hungary from printing a commemorative Gold Coin with a Christian Reference printed on one side.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Last edit: by gtrxuone.

The PC brigade 6 years 5 months ago #137350

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BC wrote: I see they want to change the name of the Peel region because Thomas Peel was involved in the Pinjarra massacre...they may as well change Fremantle too as Captain Fremantle wasn't squeaky clean in his treatment of the original inhabitants either.

Yep, then there's Stirling. Canning. Roe. Forrest, Darling Broome, ,,the list goes on and on, you know the blokes that actually built the joint under almost unbelievably hard conditions from basically next to nothing.

The PC brigade 6 years 5 months ago #137351

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358
Peel is a pretty lame name so I wouldn't be opposed to renaming the region but not for some aboriginal name. But Barnett started all of this when he went weak kneed and agreed to change the name of one our great public holidays, Foundation Day to WA Day. FFS I will never refer to it as that. It should be restored its a fucken insult if you don't like what it represents you don't have to just enjoy the public holiday like I enjoy Easter and Xmas and Boxing day. I'm an athiest and I'm sure I'm in the company of hundreds of thousands in this state but do we protest about the name of the holiday and what it actually represents?

I'll be voting for the WA independent party (or whatever it's called) at the next election that is fighting for our fare share of GST or we secede.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza, gtrxuone

The PC brigade 6 years 5 months ago #137353

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I was really pissed off when Barnett changed Foundation Day.
It painted all the early settlers out of the picture, all the people that broke their backs building the joint, having family that got here when the Goldfields was nothing but a tent city I got all the stories and it was bloody hard.

btw, what religious about the term boxing day? actualy its only called that here and UK and English speaking places , in most European countries its Called St Stephens Day.

The PC brigade 6 years 5 months ago #137356

• 58shark
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

Bazza wrote: I was really pissed off when Barnett changed Foundation Day.
It painted all the early settlers out of the picture, all the people that broke their backs building the joint, having family that got here when the Goldfields was nothing but a tent city I got all the stories and it was bloody hard.

btw, what religious about the term boxing day? actualy its only called that here and UK and English speaking places , in most European countries its Called St Stephens Day.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I once heard it was call boxing day because a lot of the stiff upper lippers used to give their servants a present on the 26th and also swap roles for the day. If that's got any truth in it, lets see if the PC wankers go for a name change.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

The PC brigade 6 years 5 months ago #137359

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

DD wrote: Peel is a pretty lame name so I wouldn't be opposed to renaming the region but not for some aboriginal name. But Barnett started all of this when he went weak kneed and agreed to change the name of one our great public holidays, Foundation Day to WA Day. FFS I will never refer to it as that. It should be restored its a fucken insult if you don't like what it represents you don't have to just enjoy the public holiday like I enjoy Easter and Xmas and Boxing day. I'm an athiest and I'm sure I'm in the company of hundreds of thousands in this state but do we protest about the name of the holiday and what it actually represents?

I'll be voting for the WA independent party (or whatever it's called) at the next election that is fighting for our fare share of GST or we secede.

you make a very good point about religious holidays DD. I'm an atheist as well and would much prefer to work on those religious based days off and save them up for later in the year. I also wonder how far off we are in changing the name of Christmas and Easter so as not to offend other religions.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 391 guests and 3 members online

• Success Hill
  • Time For a Flag
  • Blackduck

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric