Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

The US is in such a mess. 6 years 5 months ago #136353

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
I can't believe what happened yesterday. More killings in one horrific instance by a lunatic with a gun than we have in Australia in a year. The 2nd Amendment is 200 years old and has been taken completely out of context by those who wish to profit from it....i.e the NRA and gun manufacturers. I'm not sure what can be done as gun ownership is out of control.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The US is in such a mess. 6 years 5 months ago #136354

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
Mate, I can believe it happened. - Sadly.
Two dark truths about the US, 1, It will happen again, , 2, They will do nothing about it.
How a person can walk into a hotel, check into a room with 10 high powered assault rifle in mind boggling, but yes you can do it there.

Thank God for our UK like approach to guns, and for John Howard doing something about it.

Mate I was reading a really good piece about this whole Constitutional Right to bear arms, apparently prior to WW II owning a gun was actually considered quite taboo in the US, it wasn't until the 1960s that the NRA really started pushing the issue and it took hold, the article tends to trace it back to the Black Panther Movement and their public demonstrations with guns.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Last edit: by Bazza.

The US is in such a mess. 6 years 5 months ago #136355

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
mind you...according to Wikipedia the US comes in at a little over 3.5 deaths by gun related homicides per 100,000 people whereas Honduras is almost 67....don't think I'll be going to Honduras any time soon.

The US is in such a mess. 6 years 5 months ago #136356

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BC wrote: mind you...according to Wikipedia the US comes in at a little over 3.5 deaths by gun related homicides per 100,000 people whereas Honduras is almost 67....don't think I'll be going to Honduras any time soon.

US runs about 10.5 Gun Deaths including all forms, Accidents Suicides Murder etc., a fair comparison would be the UK for a modern wealthy democracy with some sort of rule of law , they run at 0.23 per 100,000.

The US is in such a mess. 6 years 5 months ago #136357

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
yep...it's amazing...when you see those idiots at far right rallies in states like Texas legally carrying semi-automatic weapons then you know there's a big problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

The US is in such a mess. 6 years 5 months ago #136358

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
You wouldn't be a cop there for quids.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BC

The US is in such a mess. 6 years 5 months ago #136359

• Falcon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 154
Even if they ban guns over there tomorrow it is way to late, the amount of firearms out in the community now is ridiculous and we are not talking 22s or double barrel shot guns used for rabbit hunting, we are talking full on military assault weapons used in wars.

Unfortunately the horse has bolted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal, gtrxuone

The US is in such a mess. 6 years 5 months ago #136360

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I agree Falcon, I'm afraid there are just way to many out there now, and with the US porous border with Mexico very easy to smuggle more in, as BC pointed out Honduras and Belize etc. are virtually lawless..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Falcon, gtrxuone

The US is in such a mess. 6 years 5 months ago #136361

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355
And a slightly different tack to this story. In many instances whenever a mass type shooting takes place in the divided states, the share price of ammunition and gun maker companies rise. Strange as it appears, that is usually the case. Profits arise from misery, mayhem and heartache. As usual, there will be more useless talkfests, and sadly no positive changes will emerge from the old wild west way of thinking.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

The US is in such a mess. 6 years 5 months ago #136362

• jackspratt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273

Bazza wrote: I agree Falcon, I'm afraid there are just way to many out there now, and with the US porous border with Mexico very easy to smuggle more in ...............

Google "gun trade US and Mexico" - you may get a big shock.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 228 guests and one member online

• Frothy

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes