Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

2017 AFL Membership Numbers Eagles/Dockers fall 6 years 6 months ago #135978

• Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
www.footyindustry.com/?p=3997

Interesting to see how the new stadium will impact on local memberships, will people hold back more with the availability of seats to pick and chose games rather than locked into season passes?

Is the states economic situation having an impact with people not spending as much?
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2017 AFL Membership Numbers Eagles/Dockers fall 6 years 6 months ago #135981

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327
Freo ok considering a couple of average years.Wonder what the Wafl numbers are.

2017 AFL Membership Numbers Eagles/Dockers fall 6 years 6 months ago #135983

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543

Bazza wrote: www.footyindustry.com/?p=3997

Interesting to see how the new stadium will impact on local memberships, will people hold back more with the availability of seats to pick and chose games rather than locked into season passes?

Is the states economic situation having an impact with people not spending as much?

Yes mate...I've got several groups of friends who are Freo members and have been for years and aren't renewing next year because of the anticipated increase in costs. Both Freo and WCE sent out surveys a while ago asking members if they would pay X amount for season seats and the prices being thrown around were way too high according to my mates. A couple are doing the 3 game package thing whilst others will just buy tickets on-line for individual games.

Last edit: by BC.

2017 AFL Membership Numbers Eagles/Dockers fall 6 years 6 months ago #135998

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BC wrote:

Bazza wrote: www.footyindustry.com/?p=3997

Yes mate...I've got several groups of friends who are Freo members and have been for years and aren't renewing next year because of the anticipated increase in costs. Both Freo and WCE sent out surveys a while ago asking members if they would pay X amount for season seats and the prices being thrown around were way too high according to my mates. A couple are doing the 3 game package thing whilst others will just buy tickets on-line for individual games.

Hearing the same my end mate. jump in price etc and extra seat availability, also the delay in getting packages sorted.

In the main the trend seem to be they will select games as they go. 3 game deal sounds OK, a lot better than a whole season.

2017 AFL Membership Numbers Eagles/Dockers fall 6 years 6 months ago #136017

• Viper
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 59
what are WA memberships like compared to other clubs? I keep getting told we are the most expensive. I will get offered a membership next year but any increaase in price i will decline and will be unlikely to attend games. My family have been members since the eagles started and will be parting ways if the price goes up too much. Sad to see so many others going down the same path.

i haven't spoken to one person who said they'll keep going if the price goes up.

2017 AFL Membership Numbers Eagles/Dockers fall 6 years 6 months ago #136022

• jackspratt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273

anchorman wrote: But general admission, the money goes to the AFL.

Not so, according to the AFL website.

Where does the money from ticket sales go?

The revenue from ticket sales is split between the home club, venue and ticket agent.

www.afl.com.au/tickets/faq

2017 AFL Membership Numbers Eagles/Dockers fall 6 years 6 months ago #136024

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543

anchorman wrote: I have not heard of any PRICE being bandies about yet.
I am sure that there has been no mention of it from the Fremantle side of things.
I think people are jumping at shadows.
Of course the price will make a big difference to a lot rejoining either club.I will be there for the first year, but then wait and see.
It is certainly much cheaper to go to games in Melbourne than here in Perth for sure.But much harder to get tickets here than Melbourne.Maybe general admission will become cheaper herr, due to the amount of seats available.If the seats become cheaper in general admission then the chances are more people will go.
If that happens, then the financial situation for both clubs will become precarious.Being a member and having a ticket means all revenue goes to the clubs.But general admission, the money goes to the AFL.

mate...my friends received a survey form from some mob commissioned by the Dockers asking how likely were they to buy ticks for X amount? highly likely, likely, not sure, unlikely and so on...the cost amount being quoted in the survey was way above 2017 prices. So yes I agree there's no certain prices at this stage but based on what they've seen already my friends won't be renewing their memberships if it's anything like the cost they were asked about in the survey.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

2017 AFL Membership Numbers Eagles/Dockers fall 6 years 6 months ago #136066

• jackspratt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

anchorman wrote: That is not what the two clubs tell us JS.

What do they tell us?

Any links?

2017 AFL Membership Numbers Eagles/Dockers fall 6 years 6 months ago #136068

• jackspratt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
I did - it doesn't answer my question, or support your assertion (that the AFL gets the income from general ticket sales), or offer any evidence that my AFL link is incorrect. :unsure:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

2017 AFL Membership Numbers Eagles/Dockers fall 6 years 6 months ago #136082

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BC wrote:

anchorman wrote: I have not heard of any PRICE being bandies about yet.
I am sure that there has been no mention of it from the Fremantle side of things.
I think people are jumping at shadows.
Of course the price will make a big difference to a lot rejoining either club.I will be there for the first year, but then wait and see.
It is certainly much cheaper to go to games in Melbourne than here in Perth for sure.But much harder to get tickets here than Melbourne.Maybe general admission will become cheaper herr, due to the amount of seats available.If the seats become cheaper in general admission then the chances are more people will go.
If that happens, then the financial situation for both clubs will become precarious.Being a member and having a ticket means all revenue goes to the clubs.But general admission, the money goes to the AFL.

mate...my friends received a survey form from some mob commissioned by the Dockers asking how likely were they to buy ticks for X amount? highly likely, likely, not sure, unlikely and so on...the cost amount being quoted in the survey was way above 2017 prices. So yes I agree there's no certain prices at this stage but based on what they've seen already my friends won't be renewing their memberships if it's anything like the cost they were asked about in the survey.

Yep, ssame thing the WCE members received got a hard core WCE bloke in the office, Mr Eagle I call him and he got the same survey, he wrote back stating he expected the same sort of seat for the same price, not negotiable, any price rise and he will crack it big time.

With general admissions , the only reason they were so expensive here was that Subi was a pip squeak set up , 40, 000 seats meant that bugger was available after members , supply and demand meant the WAFC could ask a mint, not so anymore once the new stadium comes on line, with 60K and 10K auto reserved for General Public expect it to be far more affordable.
Once members realise they can pick and chose a few games, a seasons pass wont be required.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 179 guests and 2 members online

• Royals78
  • Frothy

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes