Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Mobile Phones and Driving 6 years 6 months ago #135458

• jackspratt
  • jackspratt's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273
The dangerous practice of using mobile phones (calls and/or texting) while driving seems to be a pretty hot topic.
To get the message through, I would suggest that anyone caught using their phone in such circumstances be treated the same a hoon drivers ie:

(Sound of siren)
"Rozzer: Thank you for pulling over sir/madam. I have observed you using you phone while driving

Sir/Madam: But officer, I was just doing a quick check of my text messages/facebook

R: I understand, but that is both dangerous, and illegal. Here is your ticket with a fine of $xxx, plus the loss of y demerit points.

S/M: That's pretty steep,officer

R: Can you please give me your phone after you remove the SIM card(s) and SD card. Here is your receipt for the phone. You can pick it up in 28 days at the central collection point, located at [address]. There will also be a $zzz collection fee, payable at that time.

S/M: ........ but.......but......but......!

R: Have a nice day, sir/madam, and remember to drive safely. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mobile Phones and Driving 6 years 6 months ago #135474

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
I like the thought jack, but with the price of a phone today, the cops would end up with boxes of them.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Mobile Phones and Driving 6 years 6 months ago #135949

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 839
Not when a replacement iPhone or Samsung is over a grand. I agree with Jack, it's right up there with DD as a safety issue and should be treated similarly. Geez there are some people mainly millenials who would have a complete breakdown if they had their phones taken away for a day let alone a month.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 505 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977