Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Save the WAFL 6 years 7 months ago #135398

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874
Save The WAFL what are your thoughts on the domination by 1 particular side in Subiaco over the last 20 years-

17 Finals series
11 GF's in the last 14 years
Possibly 7th Flag in the last 14 years

This was also a club that received a large compensation package to depart Subiaco Oval back in 2003 and yet were still able to keep 500 tickets and their bar with all the takings.
Surely once they received the large compensation package that should have forgone all links to the ground not being able to triple dip in this instance.
All of this has taken place whilst the WA Football system has clubs running chook raffles just to survive.

I am against the alignment but this mob have made just as much of a mockery to the WAFL as the 2 aligned sides and at least with the alignment WAFL clubs have received some much needed extra funds unbelievably including Subiaco!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog, Falcon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Save the WAFL 6 years 7 months ago #135400

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I'm guessing he's a Subi supporter myself BH, ironic his avatar states 4 out of 5 ain't bad and has Subi as the odd one out lol, i lol at the clowns on here all five of them that are going to support Subi in the GF they think they speak for all WAFL supporters.

Save the WAFL 6 years 7 months ago #135401

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
Subiaco Football Club have $2 Million Cash at Bank.

Mind you I can't remember the other WAFL Presidents kicking up to much of a stink about the Subiaco Rivers of Gold, they got some points system brought in but a fair distribution of funds from Subiaco Oval never happened and its ancient history now as from next year.

Save the WAFL 6 years 7 months ago #135402

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Bazza wrote: Subiaco Football Club have $2 Million Cash at Bank.

Mind you I can't remember the other WAFL Presidents kicking up to much of a stink about the Subiaco Rivers of Gold, they got some points system brought in but a fair distribution of funds from Subiaco Oval never happened and its ancient history now as from next year.

Doesn't really matter though the damage has been done this current side is still going to be dominant for a few years yet.

Save the WAFL 6 years 7 months ago #135403

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Agree - the damage is done, money in the bank and flags in the cabinet, plus some residue success to come still plenty of cash to draw on. as I say its ancient history and the time to act has come and gone.

Save the WAFL 6 years 7 months ago #135404

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
On another front, Claremont have done very well in the post AFL era, with limited resources.

Some clubs adapted to change and some like EFFC didn't and have gone into decline.

Save the WAFL 6 years 7 months ago #135410

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874
The damage has well and truly been done no doubts you only have to have a look at the results above from 2003 to see that, one can only hope we havent lost a generation of WAFL fans or potential ones as a result of this one sided farce.
Bemused that there has been no mention of this 15 year rort by the Save The WAFL mob at least we have actually received some compensation from the alignment unlike the Subiaco situation!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog, Falcon

Save the WAFL 6 years 7 months ago #135430

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332

Beasley Hutton wrote: Save The WAFL what are your thoughts on the domination by 1 particular side in Subiaco over the last 20 years-

17 Finals series

This was also a club that received a large compensation package to depart Subiaco Oval back in 2003 and yet were still able to keep 500 tickets and their bar with all the takings.
Surely once they received the large compensation package that should have forgone all links to the ground not being able to triple dip in this instance.
All of this has taken place whilst the WA Football system has clubs running chook raffles just to survive.

I am against the alignment but this mob have made just as much of a mockery to the WAFL as the 2 aligned sides and at least with the alignment WAFL clubs have received some much needed extra funds unbelievably including Subiaco!

Interesting figures there Beas. Now could you please give us the figures for the 40 year period between 1944-84?
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Save the WAFL 6 years 7 months ago #135448

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

DG wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote: Save The WAFL what are your thoughts on the domination by 1 particular side in Subiaco over the last 20 years-

17 Finals series

Interesting figures there Beas. Now could you please give us the figures for the 40 year period between 1944-84?

When the WANFL/WAFL was the real deal - EF dominated the league with flags, then WP and EP.

Subi were completely shite house for most of their exuistence , there was a flash here and there , but they had a revival in the mid 80s , before the eagles seat cash came rolling in, Bunton , some help from the League and new sponsors got that going, they also got given a new set of zones to pull them out the crap.

Yep - then again compare EF pre Eagles and post eagles.

there's been winners and losers on both side of the ledger,
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal, gtrxuone

Last edit: by Bazza.

Save the WAFL 6 years 7 months ago #135457

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
This thread is not about Subi's domination, if it were it would mention other eras where teams have dominatted. Imagine what EP achieved between 1959-1972, the PFC between 1966 and 1980, the five grand finals of SD between 1980 and 1990. the four grand finals of the 1960s by the black and whites, to say nothing of Claremont's great effort from 1980 to 1996. Instead, the thread is about the illegimacy of Subiaco's success. Let us be honest about it. Now, being honest about it, I think you would have to point to Subiaco's advantages if you were discussing this part of the WAFL's history; but, one should also accept that the club has been well run since 1980, had a reasonable zone, had a lot of luck with clearances and sponsorship monies, recruitted well and devellopped a good ethos, which when all is taken together with the club's advantages, should at least be acknowledged by people whom are critical of the club.

Last edit: by ArkRoyal.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 853 guests and 2 members online

• BC
  • Kick it long

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL