Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Have regular checkups 6 years 9 months ago #127433

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332
All the best mate thanks for that. Also the free bowel cancer kit guys very important
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Have regular checkups 6 years 9 months ago #127502

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
Here's hoping your operation goes well Winger and all the best for a speedy recovery.

Have regular checkups 6 years 9 months ago #127513

• Falcon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 154

Winger wrote: I would like to share my situation with the members on Ozfooty. About three months ago I woke up and noticed that I had a small shadow tint in my right eyesight. I went to the optometrist who found nothing so I went to an Ophthalmologist who told me that a small piece of cholesterol plaque had broken away from somewhere in my body and lodged in my right eye. In essence I had a mini stoke in my eye. I was directed to a Cardiologist and had a series of tests done. It was found that I have a faulty calcified aortic heart valve and it has to be replaced. I had no symptoms apart from a small muscle spasm near number three rib. It was like a small ant running around under my skin above my heart which over the years the ant got bigger. I have had no pain or any real discomfort. I worked like a white ant, up and down ladders, crawling around in ceilings with no loss of energy and yet this condition has been running in the background from the day I was born, I inherited it from my dad. Surgery is this coming Tuesday. To all the members here on Ozfooty, if it doesn’t feel right or if it feels unusual no matter how small go and get checked and don’t fuck around with the doctor. Ask many questions and demand tests, my doctor was blasé and too casual and he misdiagnosed me eighteen months ago. The muscle spasm was my heart valve regurgitating blood back into my heart and I should have insisted to have tests. Keep well all.

Good luck old mate, give me a call when you are up to it, we are all thinking of you, and thanks for the warning.

Have regular checkups 6 years 9 months ago #127525

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386
Best of luck Winger and look forward to catching you at a West Perth game again when we play!!
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Have regular checkups 6 years 9 months ago #127593

• Winger
  • Winger's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 135
Thanks to everybody for their well wishes, it’s fantastic to receive positive posts from people I know and don’t know on the forum, its shows that there are a lot of good folk around. My operation was cancelled today because the last angiogram revealed a blockage in my circumflex artery, the surgeon wanted to do a graft but over the weekend they changed their minds and now they are going to stent the artery this week and then do the valve in four to six weeks time. It’s bloody frustrating because they could of stented the artery during my last angiogram and now I have to go through the whole procedure again but the good news is that my valve operation will be minimal invasive surgery, they go through the ribs and if they can’t do that they will cut a little of the breast bone and go in that way. It was a bit of a shock because it was only last Friday that the registrar rang me in the evening and gave me a run down and said that a stent was out of the question for a whole heap of reasons and that the operation was brought forward by a week and that I attend the hospital on Monday to meet with the Antitheist and then attend the pre op. I have to admit that the folk at Charlie Gardener have been real good, I have had so many scans, blood tests ETC, more pricks than a second hand dart board. Hopefully the stent will be done by Thursday so I can go watch the Falcons play fake Peel.

Have regular checkups 6 years 9 months ago #127603

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115
Very frustrating mate. Good luck with it all and a speedy recovery

Have regular checkups 6 years 9 months ago #127605

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
All the best Winger. Hopefully you will get the best treatment and be back at the footy before too long.

Have regular checkups 6 years 6 months ago #136331

• Winger
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Thanks to all the blokes that posted, i very much appreciate it. I'm having my heart valve operation at 6.00 am tomorrow. ICU for 24 hours and then recovery. Thursday is the big day when they get me out of bed and up and running and have a heap of scans etc. Also they will start to disconnect all the tubes and hopefully i will be home for Sunday with an eight to twelve weeks to full recovery.

Have regular checkups 6 years 6 months ago #136332

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
All the every best to you Winger and I'm sure it'll go brilliantly. The skill of surgeons today is amazing and you'll be back supporting your beloved WP in no time. Good luck tomorrow mate.

Have regular checkups 6 years 6 months ago #136333

• Winger
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Thanks BC. Not looking forward to the tube in the old fella and the food. I am very fortunate to have a beautiful loving wife and family and a fantastic bunch of mates.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 1238 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog