Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Have regular checkups 6 years 8 months ago #127289

• Winger
  • Winger's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 131
I would like to share my situation with the members on Ozfooty. About three months ago I woke up and noticed that I had a small shadow tint in my right eyesight. I went to the optometrist who found nothing so I went to an Ophthalmologist who told me that a small piece of cholesterol plaque had broken away from somewhere in my body and lodged in my right eye. In essence I had a mini stoke in my eye. I was directed to a Cardiologist and had a series of tests done. It was found that I have a faulty calcified aortic heart valve and it has to be replaced. I had no symptoms apart from a small muscle spasm near number three rib. It was like a small ant running around under my skin above my heart which over the years the ant got bigger. I have had no pain or any real discomfort. I worked like a white ant, up and down ladders, crawling around in ceilings with no loss of energy and yet this condition has been running in the background from the day I was born, I inherited it from my dad. Surgery is this coming Tuesday. To all the members here on Ozfooty, if it doesn’t feel right or if it feels unusual no matter how small go and get checked and don’t fuck around with the doctor. Ask many questions and demand tests, my doctor was blasé and too casual and he misdiagnosed me eighteen months ago. The muscle spasm was my heart valve regurgitating blood back into my heart and I should have insisted to have tests. Keep well all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OzFooty, 58shark, Grump, DG, Bazza, TheRock, Southerner, ArkRoyal, gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Have regular checkups 6 years 8 months ago #127293

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1191
Wing mate - I sincerely hope you'll be back with us soon , all the best with the Op champion ;)

Have regular checkups 6 years 8 months ago #127294

• OzFooty
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 146
Thank you for sharing that Winger. That is very brave and thoughtful of you. I sincerely wish you all the very best mate. Take care.

Have regular checkups 6 years 8 months ago #127296

• South Hedland Swan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks for sharing and all the best with your surgery and recovery.

Have regular checkups 6 years 8 months ago #127392

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872
All the best Winger.

Have regular checkups 6 years 8 months ago #127394

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
Thank you and you take care and be safe and well!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Have regular checkups 6 years 8 months ago #127400

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
Stay strong mate and thanks for your post

Going further.....Cardiovascular RIsk Assessments are available when every male hits 40 +, your Practice Nurse should initiate a variety of Blood tests to screen for Kidney function, cholesterol, prostate etc.....BMI is checked/recorded , BP etc. Takes 1/2 hr to do, but could be the best 30 minutes you spend of your life. It is not the GP responsibility to make you have such checks, but sometimes the fear of finding something untoward stops folk........just do it boys......

Good luck Winger

Have regular checkups 6 years 8 months ago #127404

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
Thanks for sharing winger, all the best for what's ahead. This sort of thing puts every thing in perspective.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Last edit: by 58shark.

Have regular checkups 6 years 8 months ago #127416

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 836
Well done for sharing Winger, a lot of blokes tend to stick their heads in the sand healthwise so your story is very appropriate. I know from personal experience that early detection and treatment makes all the difference. Get out and get regular checks boys, heart, blood pressure, prostate, the lot!!

Have regular checkups 6 years 8 months ago #127430

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
yes mate...I'm sure all on here wish you a very speedy recovery. footy pales into insignificance when your health is at risk and I think your message is a valid one....well said.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 271 guests and 3 members online

• UNKA2
  • Success Hill
  • chaddy22

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma