Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Cricket Expanding at Last 6 years 11 months ago #120199

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327
LH,Ark,Grassy.What about Europe.We know England and Wales.Ireland have a reasonable 50 over side.Holland did have an OK side about a decade ago.Anybody else?
The following user(s) said Thank You: La Hincha, ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cricket Expanding at Last 6 years 11 months ago #120206

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
LH: good one.

The British army startted the game in Corfu in the nineteenth century

I have a couple of stories about two soccer internationals whom became converts of cricket:

Christian Vieri -- a big centre forward -- Italy. He spent his childhood in Australia during the Border era. As a result of Border's exploits with the bat, Vieri used to list him as his sport's hero in Italian soccer magazines. Naturally, the magazines had to do a little blurb on whom Border was

Ditmar Harmann -- midfilder Germany -- he got hooked from watching the Ashes series in 2005. He had a good handle on the game stressing that he apprecitted that the sport was a good mixture of team and individual play. If you made '0', he notted, you knew you had failled, and so did the cricket world, no matter what the team total. Totally different to the sport of soccer, he went on to remark, where one could 'hide' more easilly behind the performance of the team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: La Hincha, gtrxuone

Cricket Expanding at Last 6 years 11 months ago #120207

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327
LH do the Dutch players still play County and Lancashire League.Remember quiet a few of them were playing in England a few years back.

Cricket Expanding at Last 6 years 10 months ago #122582

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872

La Hincha wrote: Big game in a couple of hours. England v Ireland at Lords.

And two Irish produced captains....Porterfield of course and Eoin Morgan who came through the Irish system and played for Ireland before being poached by England.

www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-ireland-2...e/match/1029003.html

The radio commentary should be available via the BBC on their website unless there is a licensing problem.

Watching it now live on Fox Sports 501 LH.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Cricket Expanding at Last 6 years 10 months ago #122678

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
LH Can you say a little bit about the new structure of international cricket? For the moment at least, I think Afghanistan is our best bet in terms of spreadding the game. Uniquelly among cricket teams, especially among weaker teams, bowlling is their strength which will make them a difficult opponent at times.

Last edit: by ArkRoyal.

Cricket Expanding at Last 6 years 10 months ago #122685

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
I went to the world cup match at the WACA in 2015 between Australia and Afghanistan and sat amongst their band of effusive supporters. Even though their team got smashed all over the park by Warner and Smith, these spectators continued their music, dancing and cheering all day. It was fantastic and their team played as if they were loving every moment of the experience, which is totally understandable given the awful history of wars. I thought then as I still do that this was a nation that could well be in the upper echelon of cricket before too long. They certainly have some talented players who will take the team forward.

Cricket Expanding at Last 6 years 10 months ago #122687

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

ArkRoyal wrote: LH Can you say a little bit about the new structure of international cricket? For the moment at least, I think Afghanistan is our best bet in terms of spreadding the game. Uniquelly among cricket teams, especially among weaker teams, bowlling is their strength which will make them a difficult opponent at times.

Much like their near neighbours Pakistan AR who have produced a lot of the most quality destructive bowlers in my time.

Cricket Expanding at Last 6 years 10 months ago #122717

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386
Cricket if not already could become the 2nd most popular sport world wide behind the round ball game
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton, ArkRoyal

Cricket Expanding at Last 6 years 10 months ago #122729

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Swandog wrote: Cricket if not already could become the 2nd most popular sport world wide behind the round ball game

And yet I constantly read that cricket is dieing by some posters on here mate haha :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog, ArkRoyal

Cricket Expanding at Last 6 years 10 months ago #122761

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
SD, BH absolutelly right -- more people live in the Indian sub-continent than China. It would be easily the second most popular sport in the world.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 375 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes