Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT 8 years 1 week ago #91177

• OzFooty
  • OzFooty's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 146
As of today I am pleased to announce Ozfooty.net is under new management and ownership. My primary motivation for taking ownership of Ozfooty is to ensure there always will be a football forum for WA footy fans.

As part of the agreement between myself and Mike and George I shall remain anonymous as I don't want anyone using this forum to think for one minute there is any bias or favour toward or against anyone. This forum is for ALL to enjoy and feel free to express your own opinions without fear or favour. My regular login will therefore not show me as admin or moderator.

As far as moderation goes I hope it is rarely required and I am probably prepared to allow a bit more freedom than previous administrators but there are couple of lines that I ask you don't cross. Never get personal with someone on this forum if you know a persons personal details that's where is should remain. It doesn't belong on a public forum. The other obvious one is personal slander which everyone has a different take on.

My broad view is this, if you are just expressing your personal opinion then that is just that, your personal opinion. I believe in free speech. If however you are making claims of fact that are false or unproven then you are entering into the realm of slander.

As already stated under Terms and Conditions, what you post on here is your own personal Intellectual Property and as such you are responsible for it, not the owner of Ozfooty.net. One thing I will look at changing is to remove the 1 hour time limit to edit your post. As the author of a post I think you should be able to edit it or remove it at anytime.

Moderation: I am open to suggestions regarding moderation. One idea is to have one representative from each club assigned moderation duties. It seems to work well on Big Footy. If you don't wish to be shown as a Moderator I think I can work around that.

I have seen some suggestions that some members have said they would be happy to pay an annual membership fee to ensure this site remains open. I am of the view that most would not stick their hand in their pocket and in any case the most important thing for any website is traffic. For there to be high traffic this site must be interesting and for that to happen we need as many members as possible being logged in and active.

There maybe some banner advertising introduced on this site in the near future to help offset my investment and ongoing administration and development of the site.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by OzFooty.

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT 8 years 1 week ago #91179

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
Thanks for taking this site on board, there are many a relieved WAFL fan for your actions.....as for slander and getting personal...... is it ok if I personally slander the CFC for kicking 19.2 v EF today :lol: .....that's incredible kicking.....to incredible for my liking :S

Last edit: by Freezin.

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT 8 years 1 week ago #91183

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
I would like to add my thanks to you for taking on the web site, as I genuinely enjoy reading the posts of other contributors every day. I am sure the site will be in good hands.
All the best Mike and George for the future.

In terms of feedback, I think that the change in the policy regarding 'editing posts' will prove to be a good one.

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT 8 years 1 week ago #91184

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
Thank you for keeping this site open. I don't post as much now as I used to, but I rely on the site for my WA footygoss. Following Mike and George, you have all done more for WA footy than the hopeless bunch at the WAFC.
Thanks again.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT 8 years 1 week ago #91187

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
Great news, thanks for taking it on, we Wafl people really need the site.

I welcome the banner adds, you need to make a quid.

I also welcome the lifting of the 1 hr limit.

Thank you for making it clear about the personal details rules.

All the best and lets get posting!

Bazza.

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT 8 years 1 week ago #91188

• TheRock
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 36
Well done and congrats on taking over this site. I actually would have missed it without getting my daily WAFL and local footy fix.

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT 8 years 1 week ago #91189

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 217
Thank you to new management for keeping this site afloat. Much appreciated iby all members.
Thanks again to George and Mike for all you hard work in setting up this great forum.

Last edit: by smokey.

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT 8 years 1 week ago #91219

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
ouch!

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT 8 years 1 week ago #91226

• OzFooty
  • OzFooty's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 146
Member SMITH has been removed without warning. That type of post is totally unacceptable. The worst kind as far as I am concerned. Unbelievable.

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT 8 years 1 week ago #91230

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
Thank you for keeping this site alive. Also kudos to George and Mike for all their hard work.

Last edit: by mikeh.
  • Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 1037 guests and 2 members online

• Mr AFL
  • TheFeds

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric