Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

WESTERN BULLDOGS 2016 AFL PREMIERS 7 years 6 months ago #106903

• Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
Yep Congrats to them a long wait over

That's another drought ended , the Swans in 2005 and Fitzroy I guess via Brisbane , that just leaves Melbourne and Saints as long running droughts it's fair to say the Afl equalisation policy is coming up with the goods it would of been hard to see Footscray ever going all the way under the old vfl rules when big money ruled,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WESTERN BULLDOGS 2016 AFL PREMIERS 7 years 6 months ago #106904

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374
Congrats to the Bullies...well deserved

Missed the game yesterday having to work and after hearing all the hoopla last night about how good a game this was I sat down to enjoy the replay this morning...whilst I can't fault the hardness and endeavour shown by both teams for people to be calling this one of the greatest games ever is a bit of a stretch...a great result in terms of the fairytale that is the Bullies but taking the emotion of the result out of it as for the game itself it was hardly a 120min highlight reel...a bit of perspective please...Sydney forwards didn't get near it, bullies butchered the ball going forward in the first half, actually both teams struggled with delivery inside 50 most of the day. Swans players will be gutted today on review as reality is they didn't bring it on the day and were out worked by the Bullies. Hard to call it the greatest game ever when both teams aren't on. Rant over!

WESTERN BULLDOGS 2016 AFL PREMIERS 7 years 6 months ago #106905

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015

Dirty Weekender wrote: Congrats to the Bullies...well deserved

Missed the game yesterday having to work and after hearing all the hoopla last night about how good a game this was I sat down to enjoy the replay this morning...whilst I can't fault the hardness and endeavour shown by both teams for people to be calling this one of the greatest games ever is a bit of a stretch...a great result in terms of the fairytale that is the Bullies but taking the emotion of the result out of it as for the game itself it was hardly a 120min highlight reel...a bit of perspective please...Sydney forwards didn't get near it, bullies butchered the ball going forward in the first half, actually both teams struggled with delivery inside 50 most of the day. Swans players will be gutted today on review as reality is they didn't bring it on the day and were out worked by the Bullies. Hard to call it the greatest game ever when both teams aren't on. Rant over!

Agree DW, there were so many dropped marks and missed targets. The game as a spectacle was vastly inferior to the GWS v Dogs preliminary final which was an outstanding game. It was the outcome that was more exciting yesterday.

Last edit: by mikeh.

WESTERN BULLDOGS 2016 AFL PREMIERS 7 years 6 months ago #106906

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874
Congrats to the Footscray (where the fark is Western) Bulldogs but I agree with DW & Mike the only one's beating their chest about it being one of the great GF's of all time are the usual knob jockey Vic media and those with extremely short memories. Wouldnt get within a bulls roar of the 89 GF, or 77, 05, 06, 09, 10 & 12 for that matter. There was something worse than the skills on show tho and that was the 'interesting' umpiring ...is the sliding rule not relevant in a GF??????

WESTERN BULLDOGS 2016 AFL PREMIERS 7 years 6 months ago #106911

• UNKA2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 116

Beasley Hutton wrote: Congrats to the Footscray (where the fark is Western) Bulldogs but I agree with DW & Mike the only one's beating their chest about it being one of the great GF's of all time are the usual knob jockey Vic media and those with extremely short memories. Wouldnt get within a bulls roar of the 89 GF, or 77, 05, 06, 09, 10 & 12 for that matter. There was something worse than the skills on show tho and that was the 'interesting' umpiring ...is the sliding rule not relevant in a GF??????

So does Brad Hardie who called it one of the best GF's of all time, qualify as a knob jockey Vic media now that he resides there, or a WA media man...?????

WESTERN BULLDOGS 2016 AFL PREMIERS 7 years 6 months ago #106921

• Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

Dirty Weekender wrote: Congrats to the Bullies...well deserved

Yeah the skills were not the greatest, Swans didnt really bring their best,massive opprtunity wasted, plenty down , Rohan Tippet ordinary, Franklin injured early, Hanners later, Kennedy kept them alive, reckon they lost it in the first qrt, really needed to get out of the blockw well but with the dogs in the game were left wide open, the closeness and lead changes were what made it a good specatacle.

WESTERN BULLDOGS 2016 AFL PREMIERS 7 years 6 months ago #106928

• Leather Stops
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 109

Beasley Hutton wrote: Congrats to the Footscray (where the fark is Western) Bulldogs but I agree with DW & Mike the only one's beating their chest about it being one of the great GF's of all time are the usual knob jockey Vic media and those with extremely short memories. Wouldnt get within a bulls roar of the 89 GF, or 77, 05, 06, 09, 10 & 12 for that matter. There was something worse than the skills on show tho and that was the 'interesting' umpiring ...is the sliding rule not relevant in a GF??????

It was not pretty to watch but it was one of the best where the underdog contained a team of "champions". The pressure on the Swans was too much for them & even with ten minutes to go I thought the Swans would win. Stringer had been over rated & proved it. Tom Boyd was worth the money. Picken was great but the defenders did the job on the usually free flowing Swans.
As a footnote Doggies aslo won the VFL & Ladies premierships. A rare feat.. Great for football as I thought they would lose all finals they played. Beveridge's grand father would have been proud.

WESTERN BULLDOGS 2016 AFL PREMIERS 7 years 6 months ago #106933

• kirbs
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 17

Leather Stops wrote:

It was not pretty to watch but it was one of the best where the underdog contained a team of "champions". The pressure on the Swans was too much for them & even with ten minutes to go I thought the Swans would win. Stringer had been over rated & proved it. Tom Boyd was worth the money. Picken was great but the defenders did the job on the usually free flowing Swans.
As a footnote Doggies aslo won the VFL & Ladies premierships. A rare feat.. Great for football as I thought they would lose all finals they played. Beveridge's grand father would have been proud.

Unfortunately LS current day AFL is not pleasant to watch, turning more like Rugby every day

WESTERN BULLDOGS 2016 AFL PREMIERS 7 years 6 months ago #106945

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357
Good for the game to see a club that has had such a long drought get up and great to see a club other than Hawthorn, Sydney or Geelong win a flag.

I have never seen a side handball over their head so often and with such good effect. It is obviously something they work on. I think we will see all clubs following that trend. The Bulldogs have set a new benchmark, they just take the game on at all costs. Who Dares Wins. They dared, and they won.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 329 guests and one member online

• Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020