Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Is this the greatest election failure ??????????? 4 years 10 months ago #168645

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357

gtrxuone wrote: DD it hasn't taken long for Shorten to start wheeling+dealing.Behind closed doors.Hes put the Mozz on Albo and is backing Burke.

GTR the bloke is an absolute weasel I noticed him in his concession speech or the day after talking with great gusto about "the trade union movement". We never heard him refer to them like that in his time as opposition leader but now he's lost his dream job he is off the leash and showing his true colours. Reckon we've dodged a bullet not letting this bloke into The Lodge. As you rightly point out he's back to his power-broking ways when he knifed Rudd in the back for Julia and vice versa. I can't believe how that bloke was ever rewarded with the top job within the Labor Party. Obviously a reward by the "Trade Union Movement".
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Is this the greatest election failure ??????????? 4 years 10 months ago #168646

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329

DD wrote:

gtrxuone wrote: DD it hasn't taken long for Shorten to start wheeling+dealing.Behind closed doors.Hes put the Mozz on Albo and is backing Burke.

GTR the bloke is an absolute weasel I noticed him in his concession speech or the day after talking with great gusto about "the trade union movement". We never heard him refer to them like that in his time as opposition leader but now he's lost his dream job he is off the leash and showing his true colours. Reckon we've dodged a bullet not letting this bloke into The Lodge. As you rightly point out he's back to his power-broking ways when he knifed Rudd in the back for Julia and vice versa. I can't believe how that bloke was ever rewarded with the top job within the Labor Party. Obviously a reward by the "Trade Union Movement".

He also didn't acknowledge Scomo or congratulate him.Think all he said was he had spoken to Scomo but not 100% sure.That was very Salty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DD

Is this the greatest election failure ??????????? 4 years 10 months ago #168656

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
I was looking forward to Bowen being Alp leader once he had familiarised us all with the house he grew up in. Watf?

Is this the greatest election failure ??????????? 4 years 10 months ago #168658

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318

Stand the Test wrote: I was looking forward to Bowen being Alp leader once he had familiarised us all with the house he grew up in. Watf?

Is this the greatest election failure ??????????? 4 years 10 months ago #168687

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329
5 days after the federal election with 3 seats still in doubt.
Party's Totals are you Lnp 77-ALP 66-5 others-3 in doubt.
The 3 seats are Lillee Qld -ALP lead by 850 votes.90% counted
Maquarie NSW-LNP lead by 150 votes.90% counted
Cowan WA.-ALP lead by 750 votes.82% counted.Given Labor where smashed in Pearce+Stirling.+Moore Would be a good effort from Anne Aly to hang on in Cowan 2 elections in a row.In a Perth Northern Suburb seat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Last edit: by gtrxuone.

Is this the greatest election failure ??????????? 4 years 10 months ago #168688

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
It looks like Albo is about to be installed as Leader of the Opposition. I must say he doesn't do it for me and is just another union hack in the Shorten mould imo. I think they would have been far better off with Jim Chalmers who's from the Queensland right and could have pushed a more moderate agenda rather than the failed class warfare model but time will tell I guess.

Is this the greatest election failure ??????????? 4 years 10 months ago #168689

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
it is the ALP after all lads -- Hawke was a trade union 'hack'

Is this the greatest election failure ??????????? 4 years 10 months ago #168691

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BC wrote: It looks like Albo is about to be installed as Leader of the Opposition. I must say he doesn't do it for me and is just another union hack in the Shorten mould imo. I think they would have been far better off with Jim Chalmers who's from the Queensland right and could have pushed a more moderate agenda rather than the failed class warfare model but time will tell I guess.

I first noticed Jim Chalmers watching Parliament time in the last days before the election and he seemed like a pretty slick operator, looks on the younger side maybe late 30's I'm guessing and a pretty good looking rooster who I can see will have appeal. He just needs to bide his time and play the long game. I can already see the Coalition winning the next election unless there is more party chaos (fricken hope not), so after the next election if Labor is unsuccessful that will be Jim Chalmers time.
Get on your bike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BC

Last edit: by DD.

Is this the greatest election failure ??????????? 4 years 10 months ago #168693

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
I watched him on Q&A this week and he presented very well. He's a tick over 40 I think and has a PhD in politics and the like. You could be right DD in that he's only been around 5 or 6 years and biding his time until after the next election could see him elevated to the leaders spot. What I think differentiates him from the likes of Albo and co is that he has no obvious connections to a union so doesn't carry that baggage around.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DD

Is this the greatest election failure ??????????? 4 years 10 months ago #168694

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yep and Labor could obviously do with winning a few Queensland seats. We know how parties are obsessed with polls so he might even get his chance before the next election if Labor is lagging in the polls but we know about polls don't we? If Labor is lagging in the polls 6 months out from the next election they should start getting excited. Lol. But I stand by my thinking, unless there is chaos within the government or some major scandal I can't see them losing the next election under Scott Morrison .
Get on your bike.

Last edit: by DD.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 395 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020