Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

McGowan Government Failing 5 years 1 month ago #164857

• Bazza
  • Bazza's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

Tiger of old wrote:

Grump wrote:

Bazza wrote: Actually , on the same theme and getting back to McGowan , I see he has given up on the Renewables Wave Energy Plan at Albany today, $2.6 Million down the drain as well...lol

Bazza when you invest in anything new or like shares there is a gamble and what would you prefer coal burning and the associated issues of pollution, ash etc or a way of dealing with energy creation in a safer way.

Yep, and it’s chicken feed to the half billion odd dollars that Barnett threw away on the Muja A B power station, there’s some expensive cobwebs there
And Baz you reckon Barnett would have miraculously “wiped the slate clean” on the states finances with the new gst deal and improved iron ore royalties? I think you don’t realise the scope of the states deficit surely.

Would of done it just about without the generous GST or Royalties, Sale of Western Power would of gone a long way towards that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

McGowan Government Failing 5 years 1 month ago #164861

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

DD wrote:

Bazza wrote:

DD wrote:

Bazza wrote:

Tiger of old wrote: I cannot believe how many people out there are getting 45c a kw for their solar panel output. Another massive cost the Barnett govt left.

Yeah, I remember they tried to shut it down and all the bums getting chucked a fit , should of told them to bugger off but they caved in and left it in place, complete rip off. People that signed up before 2011 are still getting it.,

Quite simple Bazza. It's called a contract. They, the government of the day offered incentives to people to install solar panels and there are consequences for breaking a contract. How foolish and arrogant was it of Barnett and his train wreck treasurer at the time Troy Buswell to think they could suddenly stop paying the subsidy and get away with it?

I don't receive it now because I sold my house in 2015 and don't get it on my new home and in doing so did the govt a favour because the subsidy is not transferable when you sell your house.

Incentives, = ridiculous expensive subsidies, pull all the BS subsidies on renewables and see how long they last....and how long the electric train system lasts without base load gas/coal fired power.

The more subsidies are paid the more expensive base load becomes.

Have you or any of your kids ever received a first home buyers grant Baz? We all pay for that whether we use it ourselves or not. No difference.

No I haven't, and I don't agree with the FHBG either . How long would Renewables last without subsidises ? False economy...

McGowan Government Failing 5 years 1 month ago #164863

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

Bazza wrote:

Tiger of old wrote:

Grump wrote:

Bazza wrote: Actually , on the same theme and getting back to McGowan , I see he has given up on the Renewables Wave Energy Plan at Albany today, $2.6 Million down the drain as well...lol

Bazza when you invest in anything new or like shares there is a gamble and what would you prefer coal burning and the associated issues of pollution, ash etc or a way of dealing with energy creation in a safer way.

Yep, and it’s chicken feed to the half billion odd dollars that Barnett threw away on the Muja A B power station, there’s some expensive cobwebs there
And Baz you reckon Barnett would have miraculously “wiped the slate clean” on the states finances with the new gst deal and improved iron ore royalties? I think you don’t realise the scope of the states deficit surely.

Would of done it just about without the generous GST or Royalties, Sale of Western Power would of gone a long way towards that.

Bazza yep agree the GST outcome would have helped and the sale of Western power ( but to whom) I have disagree with you abt the Royalties, Barnett consistently chose to budget on a price per tonne over the market rate so no new boom was ever going to bail him out of that mess. Yep the current government has borrowed 2 billion more than the started with so that the state debt is 37 billion BUT and it is big BUT (not spelt butt) the fact that they have now got a surplus means they will pay down the debt. Yep they make mistakes and back track but no more or less than any other political government before them. I don't sway any particular way on the political spectrum I am happy to whoever but as long as they live within their means in the good times and the bad. Barnetts government was like so many FIFO folk who spent big and whilst not all but good proportion have huge debts they cannot service and hence the increasing mortgage sales in Perth, my understanding is that it has grown a significant amount over the past 3 years
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

McGowan Government Failing 5 years 1 month ago #164868

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
From the ABC...

But even before the changes were announced, a cursory look at Carnegie's books would have shown the weaknesses in its business model, particularly its reliance on government grants and tax breaks, combined with high executive salaries.

Nationals MP Terry Redman believes taxpayers' money should have been protected by the preparation of a business case, using Royalties for Regions funding.

But Ms MacTiernan said business cases were not necessary for research and development projects.

This is despite a recommendation by the Langoulant inquiry — commissioned by the McGowan Government upon coming to office — that all Royalties for Regions projects worth more than $1 million have business cases, which are presented to Cabinet and signed off by Treasury.

McGowan Government Failing 5 years 1 month ago #164871

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358
Forget about McGowan, I'd be much more worried about the other Labor leader Bill Shorten and what he's got planned for Australia if he gets into office. 46% emissions target (currently 26%), a "living wage" concept and he will reintroduce full penalty rates.

If you are whinging about the cost of going to the footy or any outdoor night event then start expecting price hikes of around 20 - 30%. Stadiums will have to pay more for lighting and casual wages will go through the roof.

A vote for Labor is a vote for the ACTU.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Last edit: by DD.

McGowan Government Failing 5 years 1 month ago #164873

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329

DD wrote: Forget about McGowan, I'd be much more worried about the other Labor leader Bill Shorten and what he's got planned for Australia if he gets into office. 46% emissions target (currently 26%), a "living wage" concept and he will reintroduce full penalty rates.

If you are whinging about the cost of going to the footy or any outdoor night event then start expecting price hikes of around 20 - 30%. Stadiums will have to pay more for lighting and casual wages will go through the roof.

A vote for Labor is a vote for the ACTU.

DD I think the biggest danger with Shorten is his emissions targets.If what's left of Australian industry loses access to cheap energy [coal].We lose our last true advantage over our trading partners.
If ScoMo wants to be re-elected he has to fix a few things up that he's ignoring. 250,000 net migration is far to high.Adding refugees on top of that..Stop flooding the labour market with 457 workers. Senator Cash encouraging body hire over permanent employees.Small businesses might be struggling but big business has had there snout in the trough the last 6 years.. Peter Dutton mentioned all thoes things when he had a tilt at Malcolm's job.
Just on IR and what Shorten saids and does.Rudd 07 was elected to remove Work-choices.He didn't remove at least half of Work-Choices.

Last edit: by gtrxuone.

McGowan Government Failing 4 years 11 months ago #167979

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
It sounds like Sneakers and Wyatt Earp have been cooking the books and bullshitting about returning the budget to surplus.

thewest.com.au/business/state-budget-201...wyatt-ng-b881194294z

McGowan Government Failing 4 years 11 months ago #167988

• Falcon
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 154

BC wrote: It sounds like Sneakers and Wyatt Earp have been cooking the books and bullshitting about returning the budget to surplus.

LOL .....It's all smoke and mirrors BC....one think they have not missed is our pockets..wakers!

McGowan Government Failing 4 years 11 months ago #167995

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

BC wrote: It sounds like Sneakers and Wyatt Earp have been cooking the books and bullshitting about returning the budget to surplus.

He got a 1.2 Billion free kick from the Berazil Iron Ore closure, and then the Feds kicked in 4 Bill in GST top up...

Aprat from that he has not made a dent on debt, despite smashing households in power costs

then there's the Ellenbrook Line which is NOT in the budget and then theres the new KEMH not in the budget forwards either, the sale of the TAB will get about 300 Mill - stuff all

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 229 guests and one member online

• Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL