Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Australia Day protests! 5 years 2 months ago #163146

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357
Goes to show what a waste of time and effort that so called SORRY DAY apology was in parliament by Kevin Rudd. Made such a big deal about it. It's about time someone stood up and addressed the elephant in the room and asked the question to indigenous Australians if the British didn't colonize Australia how much better do you think you would have been treated if the Japs or Chinese had of made their way to our shores? I suggest they would have been either slaughtered and wiped out or there would have been a slave trade in Australia just like America. Even dumber are the white Australians and idiots like Waleed or whatever his name is who side with the bleeding hearts.

Would Waleed Ali have such a great life here in Australia if the British didn't colonize Australia? That smug prick should run for Prime Minister and start his own party he seems to have all the answers.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 58shark, BC, UNKA2, Leather Stops, ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by DD.

Australia Day protests! 5 years 2 months ago #163152

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
DD -- correct

Australia Day protests! 5 years 2 months ago #163156

• UNKA2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 116
Normal rent- a crowd in attendance. Said a few hundred people at the march at Forest place, pity 100,000 plus will be celebrating at the fireworks, and that 70% plus people dont want the date changed. Media ignore this of course.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BC

Australia Day protests! 5 years 2 months ago #163160

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
Absolutely on the money DD and Unka. I for one don't particularly give a shit which day it's on but given the majority want it to stay as is then that's fine by me too. The media make a big deal about the rabble protesting but what about the hundreds of thousands if not millions out celebrating the day with family and friends at rivers, parks, beaches and at home playing backyard cricket. If the vocal minority don't like it, then don't celebrate it....watch reruns of Elvis in Viva Las Vegas instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Australia Day protests! 5 years 2 months ago #163163

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
BC - Various minorities, as you know have dominatted the western world for the past four decades at least, an agenda which will only get worse when we have PM Bill -- there will be referenda left right and centre.

Bernie Saunders has just had a crack at the soft left in the Democrats in the US for its 'identity politics' so that is positive development. .

Australia Day protests! 5 years 2 months ago #163166

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
The problem as I see it AR in these situations is that you have the vocal minority against the silent majority. If they make enough noise eventually the government of the day starts to get concerned about image and before we know it, things change even though most punters are perfectly happy with the way things are now. Indigenous Australians make up less than 3% of the population and sure, they should be able to express themselves if they're not happy with something but should we change a national holiday to placate them? Maybe we should, but I for one think the sight of 100's of thousands of every day Australians enjoying Australia Day suggests to me that maybe they're focussing on the wrong context of the day instead of celebrating just being an Australian no matter where you came from.

Australia Day protests! 5 years 2 months ago #163169

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
I think it would be a disgrace if we moved the day, all the state's decided decades ago that this would be our national day, I see some disgraceful and fabricated claims made by protestors , signs like burn down Australia, one women claiming there was slavery in Australia just rubbish. To cave into this would be a sign of national weakness.

What other day is there ? Federation Day , new years day ? That would never work....

Last edit: by Bazza.

Australia Day protests! 5 years 2 months ago #163171

• DD
  • DD's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357

Bazza wrote: I think it would be a disgrace if we moved the day, all the state's decided decades ago that this would be our national day, I see some disgraceful and fabricated claims made by protestors , signs like burn down Australia, one women claiming there was slavery in Australia just rubbish. To cave into this would be a sign of national weakness.

What other day is there ? Federation Day , new years day ? That would never work....

Welcome back Bazza! The West Australian government already set a precedent changing Foundation Day to WA Day. Goes to show our politicians are not made of the right stuff. The minorities know how to push their buttons.

What does the WAFC and the media call the Foundation Day derby these days? The WA Day derby? It will always be Foundation Day for me.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Australia Day protests! 5 years 2 months ago #163179

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
Without buying into the argument of moving the date which I think has been done to death, I would make the point that one of the wonderful things about our country which we celebrate on occasions like this is for people to have different points of view and be able to express these in a peaceful way via demonstrations without retribution from authorities. When you look at all the statistics about the living conditions, health,housing,employment and deaths in custody of the Aboriginal population it is clear that they are treated as 2nd class citizens in their own country and perhaps they have a right to feel angry on occasions like these.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jackspratt, ooollllrrrrrry2

Last edit: by mikeh.

Australia Day protests! 5 years 2 months ago #163181

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Mike...the Aboriginal industry has around $6 billion a year pumped into it by government according to the Productivity Commission for specific Indigenous programmes in addition to the services that every other Australian receives. I think they need to start looking inwardly instead of blaming everyone else for their problems.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 58shark, DD, Leather Stops

Last edit: by BC.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 681 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog