Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Bourke St Melbourne murder 5 years 5 months ago #159913

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Swandog wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Leather Stops wrote: Nothing said about this appalling incident. Was on the radar but still had his few minutes of fame slaying an innocent bystander & injurying three more.
Getting bad when we are not safe in the streets.

LS the reality is that domestic violence is a far greater risk in Australia.

Also, we should be grateful for our gun laws.

Wtf has domestic violence got to do with Fridays terrorist incident? Ans = a big fat Zero!
Please don't do the typical extreme left deflection from the issue at hand

SD it provides context. The fact is that in Australia incidents of domestic violence are vastly more prevalent than acts of terrorism. They are not mutually exclusive. I will again repeat that vilifying all people of the Islamic faith is counter-productive and any acts of terrorism should not be used for base, political purposes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bourke St Melbourne murder 5 years 5 months ago #159917

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
Violence on behalf of religious or political ideology or belief is abhorrent.

The fact is tho' the incidence albeit not acceptable on any level is quite low.

I am more worried abt being assaulted by drunks, twats who just look for violence and gangs of not just youths but those who are members of so called bikie gangs (drug cartels are a better nom de plume).
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Bourke St Melbourne murder 5 years 5 months ago #159923

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

swan42 wrote:

Swandog wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Leather Stops wrote: Nothing said about this appalling incident. Was on the radar but still had his few minutes of fame slaying an innocent bystander & injurying three more.

Wtf has domestic violence got to do with Fridays terrorist incident? Ans = a big fat Zero!

SD it provides context. The fact is that in Australia incidents of domestic violence are vastly more prevalent than acts of terrorism. They are not mutually exclusive. I will again repeat that vilifying all people of the Islamic faith is counter-productive and any acts of terrorism should not be used for base, political purposes.

And scoring political points is what the likes of Anne Aly tried to do with her pathetic statement on Saturday whilst the victim hasnt turned cold yet, made me want to vomit! There is ZERO relevance in her mentioning domestic violence end of discussion! Its a seperate issue
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Bourke St Melbourne murder 5 years 5 months ago #159925

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Swandog wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Swandog wrote:

swan42 wrote:

And scoring political points is what the likes of Anne Aly tried to do with her pathetic statement on Saturday whilst the victim hasnt turned cold yet, made me want to vomit! There is ZERO relevance in her mentioning domestic violence end of discussion! Its a seperate issue

For not the first time: it provides context. The facts are that domestic violence is far more prevalent in Australia than acts of terrorism. As for "the victim hasnt (sic) turned cold yet"; surely that applies to Messrs Morrison and Dutton.

We have been down this path before: WMDs; "Children overboard".

Bourke St Melbourne murder 5 years 5 months ago #159927

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
As normal, Sean has hi-jacked the topic for his own Ideological gratification, so I'll get back to the subject. This was an atrocity that we Aussies will possibly have to get used to in the future - so sad for our future families. It was good however, to see people and Police get behind the homeless "trolleyman".
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Bourke St Melbourne murder 5 years 5 months ago #159928

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358
Personally I think Perth's premiership and finals drought trumps any terrorism threat and rates of domestic violence. Just thought I'd add another pathetic comment to an otherwise serious topic.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Last edit: by DD.

Bourke St Melbourne murder 5 years 5 months ago #159942

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

58shark wrote: As normal, Sean has hi-jacked the topic for his own Ideological gratification, so I'll get back to the subject. This was an atrocity that we Aussies will possibly have to get used to in the future - so sad for our future families. It was good however, to see people and Police get behind the homeless "trolleyman".

Absolute crap 58s - don't let the facts get in the way of a good story. No-one had responded to the original post before I posted mine.

From what I have read it appears that the person who perpetrated the violence had not visited a mosque for many years. It appears that he had had no interaction with an iman recently either. There appears to be indications that there may have been mental health problems rather than a link to Islam.

Bourke St Melbourne murder 5 years 5 months ago #159944

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

swan42 wrote:

58shark wrote: As normal, Sean has hi-jacked the topic for his own Ideological gratification, so I'll get back to the subject. This was an atrocity that we Aussies will possibly have to get used to in the future - so sad for our future families. It was good however, to see people and Police get behind the homeless "trolleyman".

Absolute crap 58s - don't let the facts get in the way of a good story. No-one had responded to the original post before I posted mine.

From what I have read it appears that the person who perpetrated the violence had not visited a mosque for many years. It appears that he had had no interaction with an iman recently either. There appears to be indications that there may have been mental health problems rather than a link to Islam.

And when you did respond to the original post, it was with your usual red herring crap. Just because he didn’t visit a mosque recently, doesn’t mean it wasn’t another religious maniac. I don’t know if he was and you certainly don’t either. But don’t you let a chance to start an argument go by!!!
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Bourke St Melbourne murder 5 years 5 months ago #159945

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

58shark wrote:

swan42 wrote:

And when you did respond to the original post, it was with your usual red herring crap. Just because he didn’t visit a mosque recently, doesn’t mean it wasn’t another religious maniac. I don’t know if he was and you certainly don’t either. But don’t you let a chance to start an argument go by!!!

Maybe you should read what Morrison has had to say in the context that the person hadn't visited a mosque apparently for many years:

www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/bourke-s...20181110-p50f9f.html

Bourke St Melbourne murder 5 years 5 months ago #159946

• Mcbob
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 83

swan42 wrote:

Swandog wrote:

swan42 wrote:

If your going to bring other unrelated issues into the discussion for "context", why dont we just look at the atrocities and number of people killed daily in the middle east If you look at those facts then nothing that happens here in Australia is even comparable, domestic violence included.

Islam works really well in western society, just check out England.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 741 guests and 2 members online

• Mr AFL
  • TheFeds

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977