Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Bourke St Melbourne murder 5 years 5 months ago #159877

• Leather Stops
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 109
Nothing said about this appalling incident. Was on the radar but still had his few minutes of fame slaying an innocent bystander & injurying three more.
Getting bad when we are not safe in the streets.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bourke St Melbourne murder 5 years 5 months ago #159878

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Leather Stops wrote: Nothing said about this appalling incident. Was on the radar but still had his few minutes of fame slaying an innocent bystander & injurying three more.

LS the reality is that domestic violence is a far greater risk in Australia.

Also, we should be grateful for our gun laws.

Bourke St Melbourne murder 5 years 5 months ago #159891

• Hawk Eye
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Dear Leader
  • Thank you received: 24

swan42 wrote:

Leather Stops wrote: Nothing said about this appalling incident. Was on the radar but still had his few minutes of fame slaying an innocent bystander & injurying three more.

Swan, as usual with another "red herring" attempting to redirect the argument to another issue that has no relevance to the issue under discussion, as you clearly do not don't want to acknowledge the problem that Australia faces with Muslim extremists.

However just on your "point" about "domestic violence", let us not overlook the preparedness of some Islamic scholars to argue for men to beat "disobedient" wives, which illustrates the role of Islam in encouraging these angry young men to perpetuate violence.

The sad extension of that attitude is the role that some “Islamic Scholars” play in this country in motivating young men to extreme hatred against the "unbeliever"

In the remarks by Justice Desmond Fagan against the last "failed attack" he stated that “Australia has been "under attack" from a group of Muslim men wanting "to kill as many unbelievers as they can" for about 15 years.

I would suggest there are many more of these deluded men waiting for their opportunity.

As the saying goes, "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Unless the majority of law abiding Muslims in this country stand together to eradicate the "Islamic Scholars" who perpetuate this violence then the triumph of evil will continue.

Last edit: by Hawk Eye.

Bourke St Melbourne murder 5 years 5 months ago #159893

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Hawk Eye wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Swan, as usual with another "red herring" attempting to redirect the argument to another issue that has no relevance to the issue under discussion, as you clearly do not don't want to acknowledge the problem that Australia faces with Muslim extremists.

However just on your "point" about "domestic violence", let us not overlook the preparedness of some Islamic scholars to argue for men to beat "disobedient" wives, which illustrates the role of Islam in encouraging these angry young men to perpetuate violence.

The sad extension of that attitude is the role that some “Islamic Scholars” play in this country in motivating young men to extreme hatred against the "unbeliever"

In the remarks by Justice Desmond Fagan against the last "failed attack" he stated that “Australia has been "under attack" from a group of Muslim men wanting "to kill as many unbelievers as they can" for about 15 years.

I would suggest there are many more of these deluded men waiting for their opportunity.

As the saying goes, "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

Unless the majority of law abiding Muslims in this country stand together to eradicate the "Islamic Scholars" who perpetuate this violence then the triumph of evil will continue.

HE it is not an attempt at diversion. It is putting the situation into perspective. As to your comment e what some have said; do the facts backup your implication that most victims of domestic abuse has an Islamic connection?

As for the comment re what "moderate Muslims" should say and do, I respectfully suggest that you shouldn't believe the lies perpetrated by certain media types about what should be done. I would also suggest that you do some research on whether vilifying Muslims helps or hinders.

Bourke St Melbourne murder 5 years 5 months ago #159898

• Hawk Eye
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Dear Leader
  • Thank you received: 24
Swan in my opinion your initial response was very much an attempt at diversion.

The topic was not about domestic violence.

Rather than speak to the issue of a law abiding citizen who had tragically lost their life at the hands of a deranged individual, you chose to ignore what had occurred and simply diverted the issue by saying that "The reality is that domestic violence is a far greater risk in Australia"

I did not imply that most victims of domestic abuse have an Islamic connection!

However if you have gone on to say that "Gender equity is key to ending violence against women" we could have talked about that being a very strong predictor of high levels of violence against women in Muslim society.because of the unequal power between men and women that exists.

It is almost laugable that you would suggest that I have read some articles which are lies perpetrated by certain media types about what should be done. Even Donald T would have been proud of that comment.

Nothing that I wrote in any way suggests that I was "vilifying Muslims".Start another topic on "Domestic Violence in General" and I will be happy to respond.

I simply said that unless the majority of law abiding Muslims in this country stand together to eradicate the "Islamic Scholars" who perpetuate this violence then the triumph of evil will continue..

For you to ignore certain acts that have occurred rather than speak to the ussue at hand is disappointing, given the tragic events that took place.
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Preacher

Last edit: by Hawk Eye.

Bourke St Melbourne murder 5 years 5 months ago #159899

• jackspratt
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 273

Hawk Eye wrote: I simply said that unless the majority of law abiding Muslims in this country stand together to eradicate the "Islamic Scholars" who perpetuate this violence then the triumph of evil will continue..

Is there anything to indicate that this lunatic (perhaps literally as well as figuratively) was radicalised by "Islamic Scholars" in Australia?

Everything I have read says he was influenced by online Islamic State nonsense.

Are you mixing up your "IS"s ?

Bourke St Melbourne murder 5 years 5 months ago #159900

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Hawk Eye wrote: Swan in my opinion your initial response was very much an attempt at diversion.

The topic was not about domestic violence.

Rather than speak to the issue of a law abiding citizen who had tragically lost their life at the hands of a deranged individual, you chose to ignore what had occurred and simply diverted the issue by saying that "The reality is that domestic violence is a far greater risk in Australia"

I did not imply that most victims of domestic abuse have an Islamic connection!

However if you have gone on to say that "Gender equity is key to ending violence against women" we could have talked about that being a very strong predictor of high levels of violence against women in Muslim society.because of the unequal power between men and women that exists.

It is almost laugable that you would suggest that I have read some articles which are lies perpetrated by certain media types about what should be done. Even Donald T would have been proud of that comment.

Nothing that I wrote in any way suggests that I was "vilifying Muslims".Start another topic on "Domestic Violence in General" and I will be happy to respond.

I simply said that unless the majority of law abiding Muslims in this country stand together to eradicate the "Islamic Scholars" who perpetuate this violence then the triumph of evil will continue..

For you to ignore certain acts that have occurred rather than speak to the ussue at hand is disappointing, given the tragic events that took place.

HE it is not correct to suggest that "the majority of law abiding Muslims in this country" are derelict in calling out acts of violence in the name of Islam. Vilifying Muslims in no way aids the elimination of acts of violence and is actually counter-productive.

My point in raising domestic violence was to provide context where the issue of terrorism is not as great as the dangers involved in domestic violence in this country.

I presume you are indicating that you do not read any of the Murdoch newspapers or watch Sky News "after dark" or listen to radio 6PR.

Australia needs to work with not vilify Australians of the Islamic faith. And we also need to have a PM that does not raise thought bubble, such as the moving of the Australian embassy to Jerusalem, in an attempt to win a by-election. And so that there is no ambiguity, I do not condone nor accept the actions that occurred in Melbourne where a person lost their life and others were wounded.

Bourke St Melbourne murder 5 years 5 months ago #159903

• The Preacher
  • Thank you received: 3

swan42 wrote:

Hawk Eye wrote:
And so that there is no ambiguity, I do not condone nor accept the actions that occurred in Melbourne where a person lost their life and others were wounded.

Thank you Swan, it is good to hear that you actually care as much about the innocent bystander who lost their life than the purputrators of this atrocity for whom there is no excuse!

Bourke St Melbourne murder 5 years 5 months ago #159910

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

The Preacher wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Hawk Eye wrote:
And so that there is no ambiguity, I do not condone nor accept the actions that occurred in Melbourne where a person lost their life and others were wounded.

Thank you Swan, it is good to hear that you actually care as much about the innocent bystander who lost their life than the purputrators of this atrocity for whom there is no excuse!

Absolutely nowhere will you find me sympathetic to the perpetrators of acts of terrorism. What I have said and I will continue to say is that the vilification of all those of Muslim faith serves no useful purpose and is counter-productive to reducing the possibility of terrorist attacks. And I will not accept the lie that moderate Australian Muslims have not condemned acts of violence. And I most certainly won't accept these acts of terrorism to be used by certain sections of the media or politicians to foment unrest for base political purposes.

Bourke St Melbourne murder 5 years 5 months ago #159912

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

swan42 wrote:

Wtf has domestic violence got to do with Fridays terrorist incident? Ans = a big fat Zero!
Please don't do the typical extreme left deflection from the issue at hand
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 709 guests and 3 members online

• Mr AFL
  • one time only
  • Omah

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL